Remove Advertisements

I'm ready

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

I'm ready

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 am

I don't know about anyone else, but a couple weeks ago I was fine with raiding, knowing that wotlk was sometime in the future, but not caring a ton. I've been having fun raiding MH and we are just starting BT. My guild does not ever let me tank bosses though, no matter how I try to convince them, even though my avoidance is bested by only 1 of the warrior tanks in the guild.

Seeing all these changes coming has gotten me excited about tanking again. Now though, I really don't have much of an incentive to raid. Our itemization is changing so much, that it seems like my current gear will only be sub-par for tanking in wotlk. I will probably still raid though. I think I'll be spending more time on my hunter (lvl 67) so I can do arenas before wotlk hits.\

I wish we had at least a vague knowledge of how complete wotlk is so that we can estimate when it will be out. How long after tbc beta was tbc released?
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 am

I think we're unofficially shooting for Christmas.

Also,

WATERBOYsh wrote:I think I'll be spending more time on my hunter (lvl 67) so I can do arenas


hehe. Hope you're looking for a challenge.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 am

If i'm not wrong it took about 2 months from tbc beta to tbc release
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13152
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Exalt » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am

it was around there, Worldie. However, that brings us to just before Halloween, and, from what I've heard, there aren't any L80 quests/items/etc in that event yet. So I'd bet on early November, personally.

... I lose a lot of bets though... :oops:
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Image
Exalt
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:36 am
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:46 am

Exalt wrote:it was around there, Worldie. However, that brings us to just before Halloween, and, from what I've heard, there aren't any L80 quests/items/etc in that event yet. So I'd bet on early November, personally.

... I lose a lot of bets though... :oops:


Yes, Brewfest is already designed and tested, so we can hope for November at best, or December.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:46 am

moduspwnens wrote:I think we're unofficially shooting for Christmas.

Also,

WATERBOYsh wrote:I think I'll be spending more time on my hunter (lvl 67) so I can do arenas


hehe


I've been told rolling a hunter for arenas was a bad idea by the hunters in my guild. Then again, every class has told me "dont roll <my class> for arenas. You'll get owned by <some other class>"

So Christmas??.... thats still like 5 months away... =(
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:47 am

TBC beta->release was 10/13 -> 1/16, so 3 months. I think early November is a fair timeline at this point.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby jere » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:47 am

The TBC beta opened around the second week of October I believe, and it came out to stores the second week in January. So somewhere between 2-3 months. I believe patch 2.0 was just over 2 months after TBC beta started.
Image
User avatar
jere
 
Posts: 2951
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:48 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:I've been told rolling a hunter for arenas was a bad idea by the hunters in my guild. Then again, every class has told me "dont roll <my class> for arenas. You'll get owned by <some other class>"

So Christmas??.... thats still like 5 months away... =(


If a warrior, druid, rogue, warlock, or priest told you not to roll their class, they were lying. I edited my post to link in the arena representation chart.

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-stati ... kdown.html

EDIT: And sorry, your thread is about WotLK. I'll stop derailing.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:49 am

And it was released without Bt finished iirc. Depends how much content they're willing to leave undone this time.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Zx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:52 am

I bet that WotLk will be released during the christmas holiday shopping season for maximum sales and marketing.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
User avatar
Zx
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:47 am
Location: Doing rocket surgery

Postby Arees » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am

moduspwnens wrote:If a warrior, druid, rogue, warlock, or priest told you not to roll their class, they were lying. I edited my post to link in the arena representation chart.

http://www.realmhistory.net/arena-stati ... kdown.html


I have played with some awful hunters and some really good ones. I can't help but wonder if those results are skewed based on the fact that hunters are the most played class and there are a ton of people that don't know how to properly play them and trying to do arenas. Maybe those numbers just mean that there are less good hunters than there are good priests or warriors or whatever... idk. I've never actually done arenas. I don't want to repec my pally and I just suck at pvp on my mage.

**EDIT**
Holy crap... my thread has had 100 views so far... insane.. lol.
Image
User avatar
Arees
 
Posts: 546
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:50 pm

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:19 pm

Ulushnar wrote:And it was released without Bt finished iirc. Depends how much content they're willing to leave undone this time.


Actually it was released with SSC unfinished, and TK and Hyjal in a completely untested state. With the WotLK content cycle and the fact that Naxx was 75% done before they even started working on it again, I expect that the raids are already in good shape and under internal testing.

Remember that they admitted TBC was shooting for a Christmas release and missed it, and the beta came three months earlier this time. I'm confident that we will at the very least have a release date by Brewfest.

As for sales and marketing in holiday timing... I think that actually will play a fairly small role. TBC was to an extent targeted at newer players and resubs with the low-level content, but WotLK has almost zero value-added for new players. Their market is their 10 million active subscribers, most of whom would buy the expansion even if you had to order all your copies from Zanzibar.
Last edited by PsiVen on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:22 pm

Zx wrote:I bet that WotLk will be released during the christmas holiday shopping season for maximum sales and marketing.


If it's ready then probably just prior to that. If I remember correctly, the original WoW release was also released just prior to it. Of course, that assumes an Xmas shopping season starting the day after Thanksgiving. Stores in my area seem to think it starts the day after Halloween.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9640
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:27 pm

PsiVen wrote:As for sales and marketing in holiday timing... I think that actually will play a fairly small role. TBC was to an extent targeted at newer players and resubs with the low-level content, but WotLK has almost zero value-added for new players. Their market is their 10 million active subscribers, most of whom would buy the expansion even if you had to order all your copies from Zanzibar.


Yeah, at this point anyone who is gonna be playing WoW will be playing it. unless they start marketing it to fish.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest