Remove Advertisements

Are we ready for Black Temple?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Are we ready for Black Temple?

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 am

My guild is at 2 bosses down in SSC and 2 in TK. Myself and the GM/Raid leaders are figuring out a SET schedule for our guild since we have none yet. I know we have 22 or so dedicated raiders all in Badge gear from SWP and original badge gear. I remember before SWP and BT attunement got lifted LOTS of guild stopped doing SSC and TK and went straight into BT.

My question is should we start on Hiyjal first? Or should we venture into BT? I really want to hit up BT but if the order is Hiyjal BT then I will take us to Hiyjal.
towelliee

Re: Are we ready for Black Temple?

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:25 am

towelliee wrote:My guild is at 2 bosses down in SSC and 2 in TK. Myself and the GM/Raid leaders are figuring out a SET schedule for our guild since we have none yet. I know we have 22 or so dedicated raiders all in Badge gear from SWP and original badge gear. I remember before SWP and BT attunement got lifted LOTS of guild stopped doing SSC and TK and went straight into BT.

My question is should we start on Hiyjal first? Or should we venture into BT? I really want to hit up BT but if the order is Hiyjal BT then I will take us to Hiyjal.

Do all of SSC/TK. Vashj and Kael are two of the most rewarding fights ever, they drop very decent gear, and they'll help you get prepared Archi and later BT bosses.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:26 am

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Only way to find out is try it and see. The first three bosses are big pinatas as long as everyone in the raid is able to get over 10k buffed health for the first boss.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:41 am

I guess we might venture into Hiyjal and see whats going on first then.
towelliee

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 am

Ulushnar wrote:YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!

Only way to find out is try it and see. The first three bosses are big pinatas as long as everyone in the raid is able to get over 10k buffed health for the first boss.

That first boss being Naj'entus in BT, btw.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:38 am

Tbh as they said, get Vashj and Kael first. Skip Hydross if you can't be arsed farming resist gear.

The coordination that the raiders will learn in Vashj+Kael encounters will literally make you steamroll BT and MH later.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 am

Problem is my guild or most raiders seem to think Kael and Vashj are a waste of time. (I know right T5 waste of time lol). So on nights like last night it was basically this scenerio:

7:00 - Invites
7:30 - only 18 people in raid (1st pull at 7:45)
7:45 - 22 people (34 online)

Called it everyone stayed in raid so i did this in Guild Chat:

/g Going to get on some BT trash if anyon wants to come

BAM 8 or so ALTS come back on their 70's we have 28 people we take 25 for trash.

So I see people WANT to do Hiyjal and BT, but question is are they ready? I dunno yet I guess i find out.
towelliee

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 am

So they pretend to skip T5 and jump into Hyjal and BT?

Sure they can, however, Teron will teach them to wait.

If not Akama...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:55 am

heh I know exactly what you mean. I am trying my best here but it seems like their just ignoring T5...
towelliee

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

towelliee wrote:heh I know exactly what you mean. I am trying my best here but it seems like their just ignoring T5...

The Vashj and Kael encounters will get them ready for later bosses in T6. Archimonde, Council, etc.

If they don't feel like learning the fights, then they'll start learning quite quickly to love wiping in T6.

The final two T5 bosses were known as the largest WoW cockblocks before attunements were lifted for a reason ... They're going to help you get better before hitting T6.

Ask them what they want to do ... Wipe for a week on two bosses that will help them get the coordination/communication together to progress right to Illidan ... Or wipe for several weeks on bosses that need to be cleared in order to proceed in BT.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:23 am

Even if you want to exclude novelty and the learning....
Tell those stupid lootwhores that Kael still drops the best neckpieces they'll ever have on their way up, and that the hyjal ring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all rings for many classes.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zx » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:31 am

Try out the first few bosses in MH/BT. Do the alliance base consisting of Rage Winterchill and Anetheron and then pop into BT and try doing HWN and Supremus.

Kill them for a few weeks, get gear and then try your luck with getting the rings from KT and Vashj.

Having the MH/BT gear will start to make those fights much easier but do not get cocky with an attitude of being above that content because those two fights specifically will put you in your place quick if they are not taken seriously.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 am

Theres nothing worse than loot whores like that. They kill guilds because "Bleh, i have everything i want, i'm never going back" "I don't care that others might need stuff still".
Theres little you can do to fix that... Besides yelling at them and calling loot whores and making them REALISE that there are more people in the world than them and if they want to do other bosses, they need to help.

2/6 SSC 2/4 TK? You should get atleast to 4/6 SSC (hydross+vashj), 3/4 TK(kael) before venturing into bt. If you lack the coordination for the relatively easy (compared to bt bosses) you will only be wiping and wiping and wiping, and lose members since "I don't want to raid with a 150g bill each trip".

Do SSC until you can get most down without a hitch, then venture into mh for a stroll. Even without kael/vashj you can probably reach 3/5 mh, 3/9 BT. But not at your level
Seloei

Postby Lieris » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 am

To echo what a lot of people have said...

Sounds like you need to give the boot to a lot of people in your guild. Vashj and Kael are two important lore figures with the best designed and most enjoyable encounters in the game. Killing those two and *earning* my attunements to set foot into MH/BT for the first time with my guild are the fondest raiding memories I have.

If some of your members do not want to experience that then they are raiding for the wrong reasons and T6 content will be much harder than it need be for you. They are the sort of people who want something for doing nothing that Blizzard sadly cater to far too much.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby mirkodeluxe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 am

When we had cleared both BT and MH for the first time with a regular raid scheduled before the reset we actually went for Kazzak, Magtheridon and then TK. Some people were allowed to bring alts though, but we still did it to keep our momentum and people stayed. Only a few people were too sick of TK to come along which is understandable since we dont really need the gear. But people still came, and stayed. Regardless.

My point is: People who only play to further their own personal goals dont belong in any serious guild, be it hardcore or more laid back.
I joined a raiding guild and im in it to raid, if I dont want to raid I dont. But it doesnt depend on the content in question.
mirkodeluxe

Next

Return to Black Temple