Attumen+Midnight

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Attumen+Midnight

Postby Seipoc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:31 pm

Is there any reason my RL would tell me we need 2 tanks, because if Attumen and Midnight get too close together they do somthing spectacular, because i tanked em both tonight and nothing happened, i wasnt even uncrushable and i didnt drop below 75%, on another note, tanking 3 of the robots past curator is fun lol
Thread killer
Seipoc

Re: Attumen+Midnight

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Seipoc wrote:Is there any reason my RL would tell me we need 2 tanks, because if Attumen and Midnight get too close together they do somthing spectacular, because i tanked em both tonight and nothing happened, i wasnt even uncrushable and i didnt drop below 75%, on another note, tanking 3 of the robots past curator is fun lol

They're not Amani Riders in ZA ... Dual tanking Attumen and Midnight has no tricks to it, other than his charge when they join up.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Meatydog » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:39 pm

i OTd attumen and MT took midnight. once they joined up they burnt down fast.
The only thing i saw that was spectacular was a healer got POd at me cause i wasnt able to pick up attumen before he 1 shotted her.
but i have little patience for people that run away from me.

it was fun though. and we still had no problem after that healer died.
Meatydog

Postby Seipoc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:51 pm

i didnt think anything happened, i guess they just didnt think i could tank both lol, i did it while crushable, i sure showed them lawl
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby Meatydog » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 am

if your close to being uncrush you wont see that many crushing blows. i think i got 2 the entire time i was in kara today. tomorrow we go clean up the rest of kara and im past uncrush now.

But good job on showin people the power of a pally.
Meatydog

Postby solina » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:17 am

Nothing hard about this at all. These days I even have to leave HS down to take the crushings and get some mana back.

My problem is getting him targetted after the merge.. I usually end up with one of the mobs near the blacksmith targetted. Been playing with my positioning to see if I can fix this.
solina

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:27 am

solina wrote:Nothing hard about this at all. These days I even have to leave HS down to take the crushings and get some mana back.

My problem is getting him targetted after the merge.. I usually end up with one of the mobs near the blacksmith targetted. Been playing with my positioning to see if I can fix this.

/cast Exorcism
/target Attumen

?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Base » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 am

Yeah I think I ended up tanking both of them my first ever time in kara when our MT dc'd.

And that was back early last year when everyone was in blues and guilds were still stuck wiping on moroes for weeks.

There is no reason for having 2 tanks on him if one of them can survive his massive onslaught of 1.5k hits...
Base

Postby solina » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 am

Guillex wrote:
solina wrote:Nothing hard about this at all. These days I even have to leave HS down to take the crushings and get some mana back.

/cast Exorcism
/target Attumen

?

While I'm not adverse to using macros, I AM adverse to using macros specific to a single encounter. I just don't have the toolbar space for that.

If I can get him positioned right, tab-targetting should work just fine.
solina

Postby Mordinm » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:11 am

The disadvantage to tanking them together is the curse. If you have two tanks the attunemen tank should be holding him far enough away that only he gets cursed. It's not a big deal but it does make the fight go longer.
Mordinm

Postby Seipoc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 am

didnt say it was hard, i said my RL didnt want me to do it
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:23 am

solina wrote:
Guillex wrote:

/cast Exorcism
/target Attumen

?

While I'm not adverse to using macros, I AM adverse to using macros specific to a single encounter. I just don't have the toolbar space for that.

If I can get him positioned right, tab-targetting should work just fine.

Then make sure you have a consecrate down, so that at least something's ticking when he pops on Midnight.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Frickit » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:29 am

it takes all of 3 seconds to type /m /tar attumen /cast exorcism. you dont even have to keep the macro :D

in fact id consider it irresponsible to not use macros on encounters where you will be tanking a target that hasnt spawned yet. every time that priest dies its your fault.
Frickit

Postby Seipoc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 am

i just had a Cons down then i judged him(Ex on CD), pretty fast at targeting lol
Thread killer
Seipoc

Postby Frickit » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:32 am

Seipoc wrote:i just had a Cons down then i judged him(Ex on CD), pretty fast at targeting lol

The thing is he comes out really fast and sometimes your blinking when it happens and its too late. The macro is one button that will autotarget him and cast at the same time. Its failsafe. I could spam tab and judge him if I were on the ball but still, why would I want to make it more of a challenge and potentially make myself look like I suck at tanking?
Frickit

Next

Return to Karazhan