Remove Advertisements

Nightbane...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby dragontongue » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:58 am

Just tanked him for the first time the other night except for one instance where my pvp trinket failed was able to keep myself fear immune with divine shield toggling and trinket went pretty smoothly. but did notice he tended to look away from me the moment divine shield went up and back down almost ran on me once. otherwise not much of an issue.
dragontongue

Postby Daedricks » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:21 am

Alas, I have never had a FW or tremor totem when I tank Nightbane. I use my trinkets and BoP/DS.

I can't say he sticks to me when I am immune, but don't forget, when he is casting 'Bellowing Roar' he isn't meleeing. So cast DS/BoP then. The second the spell is cast, cancel it and it should be a smooth pickup.

I also use my 2min PvP trinket for the fight for the moment he fears.

The only thing I can think of, to those that are saying he stays on them, are you sure that there are unfeared people in the raid? If -everyone- gets feared, he will stay on the MT (but it will suck because you will often have your back to him and he can start tail-swiping people).

I would imagine that if you are immune, but everyone else is feared, he will probably still stay on you. This is my guess.

If Nightbane was staying on you while you were bubbled and other people were NOT feared, then I have no idea. Like I said, he won't switch targets while he is casting fear, so just remove the bubble the moment he casts it.

Random tip-- use trinket inbetween BoP and DS. First time I used the trinket first (short cooldown) and then used DS. But then during the third fear I couldn't BoP because I had forbearance for another couple seconds. =(
Daedricks

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:32 pm

I once DS'ed at 5% just to secure the kill, he didn't move an inch.

I haven't tanked him on my Pally in a while though. It could have been hotfixed or something.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby melange » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:04 pm

I should have enough honor to get the 2 min fear trinket tonight. Can anyone pose the macros they use to cycle DS / BoP / and Trinket for NB? I want to try it this week in Kara.
melange

Postby Blaen99 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:42 pm

melange wrote:I should have enough honor to get the 2 min fear trinket tonight. Can anyone pose the macros they use to cycle DS / BoP / and Trinket for NB? I want to try it this week in Kara.

/stopcasting
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cancelaura Blessing of Protection
/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Exorcism

This is the Nightbane macro. Use BOP or DS DURING his fear cast, NOT after. You hit BOP or DS as SOON as he begins to cast the fear, then hit this macro immediately after he finishes the cast.

Timed properly, he won't ever look away from you.
Blaen99

Postby melange » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:46 pm

Thank you.

Does his fear have a cast-time? I know the ground shakes to signify fear is coming but I thought it was instant.

I ask because if I cast BoP or DS before he casts it and do it too early it will clear aggro and then make him turn away towards healers ?
melange

Postby adese » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:22 am

melange wrote:Thank you.

Does his fear have a cast-time? I know the ground shakes to signify fear is coming but I thought it was instant.

I ask because if I cast BoP or DS before he casts it and do it too early it will clear aggro and then make him turn away towards healers ?

You will see a casting bar when he casts fear. I think that it is a 1 or 2 second cast, but I am not positive on that.
adese

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:40 am

- Fuck fear, and yes when feared he does not stick to you unless everyone is feared

- Fuck fear, now I have to get a PvP trinket, or let my warrior tank, probably do the latter

- Fuck fear, where is my fucking Fear Ward

- Fuck fear
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:28 am

Vanifae wrote:- Fuck fear, and yes when feared he does not stick to you unless everyone is feared

- Fuck fear, now I have to get a PvP trinket, or let my warrior tank, probably do the latter

- Fuck fear, where is my fucking Fear Ward

- Fuck fear

Lore
Global Mod

Postby Louranthas » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:28 pm

He's killable with no fear resists.

I was running with a newly formed Kara team in my guild, and we tackled Nightbane after waxing prince. Sporting no shaman or fear ward capable priest, and only two healers, we were able to force phase transitions in about a minute's time. That means a fear per phase. On a slight tangent, I now only ever run Kara with two healers . . .

I told the paladin healer, "If you run the opposite direction of me, bubble."

Granted, I am kara geared head to toe with the furies card and crest of the shatar, which makes him a lot easier to handle tanking wise. I also found if you save your avenging wrath for phase two and lay initial concecrates then when all five skeletons are spawned use holy wrath, they are AoE'd down with great speed, limiting any chance for lost members.

Phase two done correctly, I had 10 seconds to scratch my ass waiting for him to land. Pride for the effort of the new team aside, it does turn the fight into a bit of a luck based situation. Bad fear placement can cause deaths, but good fear placement changes nothing about the fight in terms of difficulty.
Louranthas

Postby Questioner » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:57 am

Overgeared for it, but it was something I always wanted to do, and I had earned the chance:

http://www.codesavior.com/wow/WoWScrnSh ... 222955.jpg

I had tremor totem, but used my bubbles and trinket more pre-emptively. He feared at 1% and we lost some people.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Lore » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Questioner wrote:Overgeared for it, but it was something I always wanted to do, and I had earned the chance:

I had tremor totem, but used my bubbles and trinket more pre-emptively. He feared at 1% and we lost some people.

Your UI makes me drool every time I see it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Lore wrote:
Questioner wrote:Overgeared for it, but it was something I always wanted to do, and I had earned the chance:

It's like wow... I mean it takes up real estate but it looks pretty slick.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Warrender » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Lore wrote:Your UI makes me drool every time I see it.

/nod
/drool

I see EEpanels in that screeny so I assume that's what you are using to fit that awesome artwork into place. Is that custom-made artwork or can it be downloaded from somewhere to use?
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Ownopotamus » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Lore wrote:

Ok I'm drooling now too...what UI is that? custom?
Ownopotamus

PreviousNext

Return to Karazhan