So, I tried tanking Prince...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So, I tried tanking Prince...

Postby Katrienne » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:29 am

We did seven attempts. I healed for the first 3, then tanked the last 4. I MT'd the other bosses we did (Moroes as well, but it was not captured), and did okay. I was wondering if anyone could look at the attempts (the last one was the best), and see what I should've done differently. I never lost threat, but I'm wondering what else I could've done.

http://www.lossendil.com/wws/?report=qn5a2i3mlstnq

Kat
Katrienne

Postby kvark » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:45 pm

most often you'll fail prince due to people not being focused enough. A hint of luck makes everything sooooooooooo much easier.
This is a fight where dodge really matters in order to avoid crushing blow, so I prefer to gain dodge over the extra 1k hp.
So, when I max my dodge (24-25ish), make sure I have holy shield up and exorsism with AW now and then - I've done my share. Agro stays like a glue. When people focus - we oneshot him, if it's late and people are tired, we get messed up.
A problem is that you don't need more than 2 people to loose focus in order to wipe.
kvark

Postby Jensaarai » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Well, you only got crushed 4 times, which isn't bad, though you can certainly take 0 unless you get an unlucky hit or two from the lag between refreshes (which might have happened here :)), so I'd say you did fine.

I'm sure your threat was fine, threat is easy on Prince...one thing I do find strange is you only used Exorcism 12 times? and you never judged Vengeance? Me personally I don't like using Consecrate on that fight since I cannot be on the wall to use it, though I've been using it more and more as my DPS get geared up...but I'm sure to at least Exorcism every 15 seconds and judge every 8...also, what judgement did you have up? Threat is easy on this fight, so I'd use Wisdom, it will GREATLY increase your DPS (your hunters would have loved you ;)).

Other than that...how'd you die? Phase 2? 3? Not killing him fast enough? Burst damage?

*edit* it also seems you didn't dispel his SW:P from yourself?

also I see...

02:28'08.734 Katrienne gains Holy Shield
02:28'13.421 Prince Malchezaar's Melee hits Katrienne for 4490 (crushing)

are you not uncrushable? You CANNOT be crushable this fight.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:38 pm

You CANNOT be crushable this fight.

Sure you can, your healers will just have to work at it.

Just be thankful that this isn't you :P

As for the WWS:

Try 1:
Bear died to no heals for 6 seconds. Two paladins were flash healing too much and probably didn't have Light's Grace up when they needed to toss big heals. Possibly they had to move due to infernals. With 3 paladins, only you as prot should be flash healing regularly.

Try 2:
Bear got no heals for 12 seconds this time. Infernals being handled poorly?

Try 3:
Bear died to a big crush because everybody was flash healing and didn't top off.

Try 4:
Hagerma died to SW:P+Amplify, 4 ticks. Remaining healers couldn't handle it.

Try 5:
You take 12 ticks of Infernal damage while Hagerma takes a long time to reposition. If you're going to walk through an infernal, your healers should be standing still healing you through it.

Try 6:
You die to a parry-effect burst (with no crushing blows). Looks like a lot of healing was about to land, but you weren't topped off; basically a bad luck gib.

Try 7:
No heals for a 12 second period, during which Ompapamowmow gets knocked into an infernal with SW:P on (that's usually a cue to Divine Shield) and noone else heals you.

In all of your attempts, you have 2 holy paladins and one offspec healing. This is kinda pushing it with undergeared tanks and no shadow priests. Your holy paladins are also reactively healing (or just absently spamming) with FoL, when they should both be using HL regularly. Also, only in the final attempt did they both use 2 mana pots, which means they had plenty of mana every time the tank died. When you brought in Valetudo, (s)he should have been DPSing to give the other healers the mana needed to sustain HL spam. As you can see, none of your deaths were related to crushing blows.
Last edited by PsiVen on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Katrienne » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:53 pm

I don't understand the crushing blows. I keep holy shield up whenever it's ready (at least I thought I did). I'm definitely uncrushable. Perhaps it's lag. I decided to keep Crusader judged and just refresh vengence. Normally, I judge SoR and keep SoR running. I'm not sure why I changed for this fight.

We did go back today. We did three attempts. I tanked the first two. Then they had a druid tank the last one which worked. I'm pretty disappointed, but I'll look at all the suggestions and make improvements.

Kat
Katrienne

Postby Maranus » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:46 pm

Katrienne wrote:I don't understand the crushing blows. I keep holy shield up whenever it's ready (at least I thought I did). I'm definitely uncrushable. Perhaps it's lag. I decided to keep Crusader judged and just refresh vengence. Normally, I judge SoR and keep SoR running. I'm not sure why I changed for this fight.

We did go back today. We did three attempts. I tanked the first two. Then they had a druid tank the last one which worked. I'm pretty disappointed, but I'll look at all the suggestions and make improvements.

Kat

With a fast base attack speed and flurry, he can actually consume all the charges, I hear.
You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
Maranus

Postby Vanifae » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:48 am

He can consume the charges, or it can be lag, he attacks so fast that sometimes between refreshing Holy Shield he actually crushes me, and then Holy Shield kicks in.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Cimzar » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:07 am

Tell Saki and Bossman that Bramic and Palaidan say 'hi' :D
<3 Bram
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Paladin!
Cimzar

Postby Lore » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:26 am

As a side note, I'm pretty sure I know Valetudo... did he transfer from Eredar?
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Anuji » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:29 am

wiped about 9 times lasttime we made him..
but we also had just 2 healers (holy-priest and pala.. the priest sucked anyway :D)

5 were bad-luck with infernals (they really didn't came very well.. hadn't such a bad-luck for about 3 months?).

2 were i was "one-shotted" with 3 ~3,5k ish strikes in the same second (about 50% to 0% what my healers said)

2 times were the warrior-tank was fu**ed up by the Prince :D

Stopped there and did him the next day.. wiped the first attempt due to the slackin' Holy-priest (he was a twink and had not much healing...)
downed him the second ;)
that's so freakin luck-based sometimes
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... ck&n=Anuji
Hope it's understandable what i'm sayin' :D
Anuji

Postby Katrienne » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 am

Thank you so much for the detailed analysis. It really helps.

Hi Pal and Bramic! Long time no see!

I don't know Valetudo that well. He is part of our alliance guild.

I must say that the amount of information in the WWS reports is just amazing and staggering. Thank god it doesn't record bio breaks! ;)

I'm still learning how to best use them and read them.

Kat :)
Katrienne

Return to Karazhan