Reckoning and Seal of choice in WotLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby shifttusk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Griffonheart wrote:So you guys think the choice of seal will determine the usage of Reckoning in Wrath?

I think our change in itemization will determine which seals are the best. I think it is quite possible that with scaling from STR and weapons that SoB could out threat SoR possibly and an optimal thing to do would be to twist SoV with SoB and perhaps leave SoR as a holy pally toy?

I think reckoning will jsut be used as it is now, if you want some more threat or to AOE grind better spec reckoning.
Shifttusk - 70 Hunter Executus 0/20/41
Easylay - 70 Paladin Anetheron 0/49/12
shifttusk

Postby Mordinm » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm

Will seal weaving be possible? Looking at most of the prospective threat rotations you just don't have 2 global cooldowns to waste every 9 seconds. If we can't weave SoV and something else does SoV gain much from reckoning?
Mordinm

Postby Chevalier » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:21 pm

I wouldn't wanna use SoB, I mean it deals damage to yourself, don't exactly want to be taking additional damage.
Chevalier

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:28 pm

Chevalier wrote:I wouldn't wanna use SoB, I mean it deals damage to yourself, don't exactly want to be taking additional damage.

It's a very tiny amount of damage, certainly enough that it would be worth using if it were better threat, except on encounters where damage taken is a much more pressing concern.

At least, that's what my opinion is.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Griffonheart » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Chevalier wrote:I wouldn't wanna use SoB, I mean it deals damage to yourself, don't exactly want to be taking additional damage.

As I mentioned earlier, SoB with 1H doesn't hurt as much as a 2H and by the time you are at 80s, I think the damage is very much. neglectable.
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby Freelancer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:50 am

One thing that got me wondering is if Righteous Hammer will proc seals. Can anyone else see the potential with the new buffed version of SoV and this strike in AoE tanking situations, applying the debuff to 3 targets every 6 secs.
Paladin / 70 / Bloodhoof-eu
Freelancer

Postby Griffonheart » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 am

Can someone on Beta confirm if HoR can proc?
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:58 am

Griffonheart wrote:Can someone on Beta confirm if HoR can proc?

Wait let me read what do you mean proc what?

Edit: I will check my combat logs, thus far I beelive the answer is no.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:03 am

would indeed be fun to have 3 jow at 3 mobs and get tons of mana back when hammer is used!

that would only work if special attacks proc judgement effects and if hammer is refreshing all 3 judgements...

...so I guess I'll be hiding away in my fantasy a bit longer with endless mana then, bwahahaha!!!
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Previous

Return to WotLK