Remove Advertisements

Mana Back from Divine Guardian while ot'ing?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby pyrotechniq » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Well if you do take dmg in this it would be my new save repair bills spell for wipes. Since self inflicted dmg doesn't cause durability loss i don't think. Course i bet some bastard would manage to heal me even tho were wiping and fuck up my suicide.
pyrotechniq

wait

Postby Mavrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:12 pm

How good is hand of sacrifice now for single target utility in this regard though?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Well this is passive right? If so I can't imagine you actually take the damage, that would really suck when you needed to bubble to keep yourself up when you are offhealing or something. It would be nerfing a base skill into situational usage.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:21 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Well this is passive right? If so I can't imagine you actually take the damage, that would really suck when you needed to bubble to keep yourself up when you are offhealing or something. It would be nerfing a base skill into situational usage.

It's whenever you activate Divine Shield. It does seem like talent Holy Pallies would want to avoid....but your scenario doesn't seem like something I'd be worried about when using it: I do think a range-reduction or party-only restriction would be in order though.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby bjanssen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Actually this can't make you take damage from the raid when bubbled.

If it did then any time you are in a group of any kind and have this talent (which is fairly low level) then you would not be able to use bubble to save your arse at all. Because if you had say 2-3% health then any damage done to your party members would kill you.

That would be a huge nerf of the bubble, seriously why would anyone in their right mind take the talent?
bjanssen

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Because if carefully used it's powerful
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Pretty much. That's why I always thought it worked this way: because if you were immune to all damage it'd be way too powerful for AoE heavy fights (think Pally Bubble rotation on Najentus for example).

I'm not at all convinced the current implementation is correct, but I don't think 30% raid-wide damage absorption on bubble is the right solution either.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Candiru » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:52 pm

I assumed it would be used in a stupid-blizzard design way, like spellreflect/spellsteal.

When boss is at 40%, rocks fall and hit everyone for 110% of their max HP.

Everyone died, unless a paladin bubbles with the talent etc.
Candiru

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:00 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Well this is passive right? If so I can't imagine you actually take the damage, that would really suck when you needed to bubble to keep yourself up when you are offhealing or something. It would be nerfing a base skill into situational usage.

It's whenever you activate Divine Shield. It does seem like talent Holy Pallies would want to avoid....but your scenario doesn't seem like something I'd be worried about when using it: I do think a range-reduction or party-only restriction would be in order though.

Well the scenario I mentioned is about 95% of the time I use the bubble currently. For me it would nerf a base skill and would be impossible to take in my current raiding setup. If they want the pally to take the damage then it should be a button push, not a permenant alteration to the bubble.

Either way, I'll try to test this tonight.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby bjanssen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Worldie wrote:Because if carefully used it's powerful

Really? So the idea is that you'd never take the talent while levelling, because I can't think of any time levelling where you'd want to suicide to save the party.

And then once you're a raiding pally in level 80 raids, you'd respec and take this talent for the instances/raids where you need to sacrifice the pally to save the raid. And then after the instance you'd respec again to get rid of it because it nerfs your bubble something chronic.

oh well just have to wait till someone tests it to see
bjanssen

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:06 pm

bjanssen wrote:Really? So the idea is that you'd never take the talent while levelling, because I can't think of any time levelling where you'd want to suicide to save the party.

I can't think of any time leveling when there's enough incoming damage to make this talent suicide you.

bjanssen wrote:And then once you're a raiding pally in level 80 raids, you'd respec and take this talent for the instances/raids where you need to sacrifice the pally to save the raid. And then after the instance you'd respec again to get rid of it because it nerfs your bubble something chronic.

Again, if you use the talent to try and absorb heavy raid-wide damage it'll probably kill you. That doesn't seem what it's intended for and there are other more appropriate scenarios where this wouldn't happen (e.g. Mother Sharaz, Council, Bloodboil, Supremus, Illidan, to name a few).

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Dorvan wrote:
bjanssen wrote:Really? So the idea is that you'd never take the talent while levelling, because I can't think of any time levelling where you'd want to suicide to save the party.

I can't think of any time leveling when there's enough incoming damage to make this talent suicide you.

Except like any time you and your group are about to die? Yeah sure, if I pop it at full health, but I don't do that. The skill is fine if it didn't take the emergency button affect away from the bubble. If it is passive and you take damage, then it really seems to be a poor design.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Yeah I really don't like not having my bubble to save myself =\
Lore
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 pm

Eh, you'd still have the other bubble that you can't do anything in. It wouldn't mind either way.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby sweeney » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:29 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Eh, you'd still have the other bubble that you can't do anything in. It wouldn't mind either way.

*headslap* Good point. I always forget about that.

Divine Protection doesn't last as long, yeah, but it's not called "Divine Shield" so this talent wouldn't affect it. You'd always have a choice.
Sweeney: 80 Paladin, Runetotem
sweeney

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK