0/59/12 New Cookie Cutter Wrath MT Build

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:49 am

Aerien wrote:Judgement of the Just may be necessary for 25mans only if it stacks with TC, otherwise tell that clown of a warrior to keep that TC thang up.

? Psh. That's three talent points your warrior no longer has to spec into (potentially, although still probably a good idea). It costs a valuable GCD, is easily resisted, and has a four second cooldown. For us, it's something we were doing anyway.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Girard-eredar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Worldie wrote:Also, not every guild has prot warriors, we often raid without any warrior at all :x

WTB your guild, we are overflowing with 'em.

But on another note, it doesn't have to be a a prot warrior that puts it up. We run with a fury and an arms warrior (for the bleed thingy)
Girard-eredar

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 pm

Girard-eredar wrote:But on another note, it doesn't have to be a a prot warrior that puts it up. We run with a fury and an arms warrior (for the bleed thingy)

Yep, but they take an unnecessary DPS hit to switch stances and put it up. In the end, the real difference-makers for guilds that know what they're doing are on multi-mob fights like Council or Karathress, and in 10 man environments. For guilds that are reluctant to use a Pally tank and might not give them TClap otherwise this is a huge boost for all content.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Aerien » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:17 pm

I must be spoiled, we have a million spare warriors who are all glad to TC for my cute butt.
Aerien

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:19 pm

Girard-eredar wrote:I fail to see how Judgments of the Just is necessary in a 25man setting, for surely there will be a warrior around with imp TC. 10mans maybe.

There are already several fights in the game that you will be devoid of warrior assistance, why would WotLK be any different especially since there will be more multiple tanks fights IE: Raids designed around 3 tanks.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 pm

I think I am starting to come to the realization that I will have to plan out 3 different Prot specs because there will be no "Cookie Cutter" be-all-end-all spec.

Specs as follows:
- Hard Hitting, "Brut's Huge Older Brother is Comin' for Your Ass" Mitigation/Avoidance MT Spec
(threat is not an issue)

- "Insane, Through the Roof, Burn the Bastard Down ASAP" Threat Spec
(damage is not an issue)

- Crazy, "AoE tanking the Battle of Light Hope Chapel Solo" Spec
(AoE mit and threat are the only concerns)

If only I could get a Solid Prot Core with Imp LoH and Deflection in one build, that would be the spec I'd stick with most of the time.
Dragonzbane

Postby Girard-eredar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Harumph. I still dont like it. Well it can't be helped I suppose. Wish they would merge Touched B.T.L. with Guarded B.T.L. And while they are at it, remove the attack speed bit from Sacred duty and fold Divine guardian into it.
Girard-eredar

Postby Vencedor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:12 pm

Depending on how valuable STR will be, this will probably be my MT build.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0tIxczMgqeoGoV0x

This may be a viable option as well...

I really don't think we'll miss the 2 seconds of Improved Judgment with the new abilities we're getting.

All speculation at this point and really depends on what the stats and encounters bring us.
Vencedor

Postby Shoju » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIxczMgqeRGoV0x0h

My 2 cents. You are NOT going to need to worry about reducing the global CD of Judgement with all of our new stuff. You dont need divine guardian as a tank. it's just......... not a tanking thing.

3/3 imp devo aurra? now that screams paladin boss tank, and running with other paladins.
Shoju

Postby Doktah » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Judgements of the Just seems like a waste of 2 pts, you should put those 2 points into reckoning for extra threat.

Also, drop POJ, put those points into Seals of the Pure. Boar's speed enchant is far more valuable then POJ.
Doktah

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:02 pm

Doktah wrote:Judgements of the Just seems like a waste of 2 pts, you should put those 2 points into reckoning for extra threat.

Lolwhut?!

You've been... THUNDERJUDGED!
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby fezik » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:32 pm

i think i'll be shooting tward this build

im thinking strength is going tot be a hidden blessing as first, all our tanking gear will have it now. second the new 2-1 str/BV will put not only more BV on the table but increase our threat for RS and third and final were forgeting hammer of righteousness is going to favor slow hard hiting dps main handers over any spell damage weapon, with stam giving us our spell damage now buffing our weapon damage with both the proper weapon AND a much larger AP pool then we have now (read non existant) HoR is going to hit hard for pure holy damage with a multiplier ontop of our 90%.
fezik

Postby Doktah » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:46 pm

Ulushnar wrote:
Doktah wrote:Judgements of the Just seems like a waste of 2 pts, you should put those 2 points into reckoning for extra threat.

Lolwhut?!

You've been... THUNDERJUDGED!

I read somewhere that a druids melee debuff doesnt stack with a pallys in regards to melee speed so it would be pointless for both tanks to have it especially since the druids is like 50% or something. I need to find the thread.
Doktah

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:52 pm

The melee speed debuff for druids is only 20%, the tooltip is misleading.
That's what i've read at least.

The 3 classes got equivalent debuffs atm
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Teloc » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:01 pm

Worldie wrote:The melee speed debuff for druids is only 20%, the tooltip is misleading.

The 3 classes got equivalent debuffs atm

Yay!

As for spec at 80 right now I think this is my choice based on Shield spec not giving bv for str and only bv from what is on shield and bv rating.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

Only using the offical one since the others don't have updated changes on holyshield.
Teloc

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK