Remove Advertisements

Tirion Fordring is badass

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Norrath » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:32 pm

That's not true. The Order of the Silver Hand (specifically, Uther) performed a ceremony on Tirion to remove his powers -- and seemed completely confident it would work.

It just didn't.
Norrath

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Norrath wrote:That's not true. The Order of the Silver Hand (specifically, Uther) performed a ceremony on Tirion to remove his powers -- and seemed completely confident it would work.

It just didn't.

yeah but that doesn't invalidate what I said.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amanor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:57 am

Sabindeus wrote:
herpackmule wrote:Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.

well in WoW Paladin powers are for keeps. Once you have them, nothing you do will take them away.

Arthas, Nobundo, and Kaylaan would like a word with you, sir.
Amanor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:01 am

Amanor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
herpackmule wrote:Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.

well in WoW Paladin powers are for keeps. Once you have them, nothing you do will take them away.

Reread what I said. I said nothing YOU do will take them away. As in if you go all batshit insane evil and start burning down cities, or possibly killing people because everyone who isn't a member of the Scarlet Crusade MUST be working for the Scourge, you will keep your damn powers!

Other people can totally still fuck you with evil poison corruption gas.

EDIT: Just reread what you wrote. Arthas never lost his powers until he became Death Knight.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amanor » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:38 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Amanor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Reread what I said. I said nothing YOU do will take them away. As in if you go all batshit insane evil and start burning down cities, or possibly killing people because everyone who isn't a member of the Scarlet Crusade MUST be working for the Scourge, you will keep your damn powers!

EDIT: Just reread what you wrote. Arthas never lost his powers until he became Death Knight.

Ah, but he did lose them. So a Paladin can forfeit their powers, as is the precedent Arthas set.

A Paladin who lacks conviction/faith in their cause can also have their powers waver, as is the precedent Kaylaan of the Aldor (who subsequently regains them once he takes up a cause alongside the Legion that he actually believes in) set.

A Paladin can also have their powers taken away, as is the precedent Nobundo and pretty much every Draenei Vindicator who turned Broken set.

So there are actions you can take that cause you to lose them, and actions others to take that can cause you to lose them. It just so happens Tirion's devotion to his code of ethics and honor allowed him to keep/regain his powers despite said interference. Because he's so win.
Amanor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:43 am

Amanor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Amanor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Ah, but he did lose them. So a Paladin can forfeit their powers, as is the precedent Arthas set.

A Paladin who lacks conviction/faith in their cause can also have their powers waver, as is the precedent Kaylaan of the Aldor (who subsequently regains them once he takes up a cause alongside the Legion that he actually believes in) set.

A Paladin can also have their powers taken away, as is the precedent Nobundo and pretty much every Draenei Vindicator who turned Broken set.

So there are actions you can take that cause you to lose them, and actions others to take that can cause you to lose them. It just so happens Tirion's devotion to his code of ethics and honor allowed him to keep/regain his powers despite said interference. Because he's so win.

Arthas didn't lose his powers, he switched classes. Being able to forfeit one's powers is not "losing" them in the classic Paladin sense. (i.e. You do evil, or go against your god in some way, and then have your powers stripped)

Kaylaan also didn't lose his powers, he was just having psychological issues because he was a chump.

And I already explained the Broken thing, where the warlocks made evil poison gas to sever their connection with the Light. The Vindicators didn't do anything to get their powers revoked.
Sabindeus

Postby Jonlo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:57 am

Explanaition for Tirion Fordring:

Uther was also very bad ass, and saw Tirion for what he really is (a BAMF) and just faked the ritual, knowing that Tirion was gonna be needed to lay the beats on people later on.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:02 am

Jonlo wrote:Explanaition for Tirion Fordring:

Uther was also very bad ass, and saw Tirion for what he really is (a BAMF) and just faked the ritual, knowing that Tirion was gonna be needed to lay the beats on people later on.

Then they both went drinking with Chuck Norris and accidentally kicked Arthas in the head so hard he turned evil.
Sabindeus

Postby Jonlo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 am

Sabindeus wrote:

Then they both went drinking with Chuck Norris and accidentally kicked Arthas in the head so hard he turned evil.

Chuck Norris isn't in WoW... (officially)
They went drinking with Neltharion, and made him pick up the tab.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:05 am

Jonlo wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Chuck Norris isn't in WoW... (officially)
They went drinking with Neltharion, and made him pick up the tab.

How dare you question the badassness of Tirion Fordring, Uther the Lightbringer, AND Chuck Norris simultaneously?
Sabindeus

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 am

Sabindeus wrote:How dare you question the badassness of Tirion Fordring, Uther the Lightbringer, AND Chuck Norris simultaneously?

I believe the term you're looking for is "badassery."
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:09 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:How dare you question the badassness of Tirion Fordring, Uther the Lightbringer, AND Chuck Norris simultaneously?

I believe the term you're looking for is "badassery."

possibly also badasstasticness
Sabindeus

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 am

Sabindeus wrote:possibly also badasstasticness

yes.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Jonlo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:possibly also badasstasticness

yes.

quote thief!
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:20 am

Jonlo wrote:quote thief!