Remove Advertisements

WoTLK: Changes to spell damage/healing into spellpower

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:44 am

Rykis wrote:From the looks of it they are moving us into Strength and Stamina based itemization. Stamina of course is going to directly convert to spell power and strength will increase our dps. So then what type of weapon will we be going for?

Yes, they stated awhile ago that paladins would be change so we would be using the same gear itemization as warriors.

There are going to be lots of coefficient changes before WotLK goes live so I am not taking the theory craft that serious when the release date is probably 5 months away.
DeadlyRabbit

well

Postby Mavrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

From the looks of how HotR functions, we won't be using warrior style tanking weapons for max effect either. It benefits more from a very slow swing speed with a high top end/high average damage weapon (while most "tank" weapons are 1.9 speed or faster, we'd be looking more toward the 2.5 speed or slower for max output).
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Sechs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:00 am

Still don't believe in spell power weapons, With all the stamina we get it be only like one 1/3 more spell power compared to the rest we get from stamina alone.
Don't forget that most AoE (seed of corruption, Arcane explosion) is capped at 10 mobbs after that it just spreads out the dmg on more targets. Consecrate is not affected by this so our tps on all the mobbs will remain the same --> alas 10+ mobbs AoErs can never pull agro from us.

When its under 10 mobbs we got hammer of righteous that hits 3 targets and 1 holy shield block every sec. What i mean by holy shield is that when we tank few mobbs the shield blocks don't get so spread out as it would when we tank more.

So anyway there might be some magic number under 10 mobbs when spell dmg weapon might be more useful but at the moment i doubt it.
I be leaving the calculations to someone else, if anyone even find it that interesting. :p

http://www.wowwiki.com/Area_damage_caps
Sechs

Postby Makaijin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:38 am

As I mentioned in another post about crusader strike, Hammer of Righteous could also be normalised for all I know, as most instant attacks from most physical based classes are normalised too. So if is normalised, weapon speed will have much less of an impact, and you'll want the highest dps weapon instead.
Makaijin

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:52 am

Makaijin wrote:As I mentioned in another post about crusader strike, Hammer of Righteous could also be normalised for all I know, as most instant attacks from most physical based classes are normalised too. So if is normalised, weapon speed will have much less of an impact, and you'll want the highest dps weapon instead.

Or a slow one for fewer parries, but you're not likely to have a ton of choices.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Previous

Return to WotLK