Remove Advertisements

Heroic Bot?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby istrienielle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 pm

sorry to hijack, but did anyone notice the 2nd boss now does a frost trap? I never see him do it before but yesterday he frost trap our tank 5 times.
istrienielle

Postby Maelstrom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:13 pm

It's from the blue flowers that spawn, they've always done it :p
Maelstrom

Postby istrienielle » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 pm

Ah, thanks for the insight. :)
istrienielle

Postby solina » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:27 am

Seems like a good place to continue hijacking.

I had an AWFUL time holding threat on the dumb demon boss last night. I've done him extremely easily before.. but this time, failed to down him. He seemed to be dropping threat immediately after the sacrifice.. at one point, he sacrified someone, then ran to the sacrificial chamber and dropped a hellfire under it. That's.. just wrong.

I was used to the aggro dump after the hellfire.. that was easily solved by an exorcism. But if he aggro dumps after both sacrifices and hellfires.. I have no prayer of holding him.

Anyone else seen this?
solina

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:32 am

solina wrote:Seems like a good place to continue hijacking.

I had an AWFUL time holding threat on the dumb demon boss last night. I've done him extremely easily before.. but this time, failed to down him. He seemed to be dropping threat immediately after the sacrifice.. at one point, he sacrified someone, then ran to the sacrificial chamber and dropped a hellfire under it. That's.. just wrong.

I was used to the aggro dump after the hellfire.. that was easily solved by an exorcism. But if he aggro dumps after both sacrifices and hellfires.. I have no prayer of holding him.

Anyone else seen this?

He does indeed drop threat for both Sacrifice and Hellfire I usually try to Judge on Sacrifice, and Exorcism for Hellfire. And if I miss one he is tauntable. Usually ok unless the DPS drops a big crit right after the dump. For the record, this fight sucks the big one in an all Melee DPS group
BubbaBill

Postby solina » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:46 pm

BubbaBill wrote:
solina wrote:Seems like a good place to continue hijacking.

Anyone else seen this?

He does indeed drop threat for both Sacrifice and Hellfire I usually try to Judge on Sacrifice, and Exorcism for Hellfire. And if I miss one he is tauntable. Usually ok unless the DPS drops a big crit right after the dump. For the record, this fight sucks the big one in an all Melee DPS group

That's.. highly irritating. Never had this happen before.. new feature in 2.4.3?

And my dpsers last night were feral druid, arms war, and rogue. :-p
solina

Postby BubbaBill » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:04 pm

solina wrote:And my dpsers last night were feral druid, arms war, and rogue. :-p

With the all Melee DPS you shouldn't have to really worry about the Hellfire threat dump because all your DPS should be well away from him when he's doing it and you have a second to build up threat while they come back in. If your mellee DPS are standing in the hellfire your Healer is INSANELY good.

I hadn't noticed the dumps really untill fairly recently. I use to severly outgear the DPS we run with but lately they have been catching up and if they time it just wrong are able to pull.
BubbaBill

Postby solina » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:27 pm

BubbaBill wrote:
solina wrote:And my dpsers last night were feral druid, arms war, and rogue. :-p

With the all Melee DPS you shouldn't have to really worry about the Hellfire threat dump because all your DPS should be well away from him when he's doing it and you have a second to build up threat while they come back in. If your mellee DPS are standing in the hellfire your Healer is INSANELY good.

I hadn't noticed the dumps really untill fairly recently. I use to severly outgear the DPS we run with but lately they have been catching up and if they time it just wrong are able to pull.

The problem I have is when a sacrifice and and a hellfire go down in rapid succession, and the healer pulled aggro on both. Which is the normal case.
solina

Postby ldeboer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:09 pm

It's not the patch your dps'er had a dot on him (prob rogue I guess with poison) then got sacrafcied. The dot hit he gets agro and he walks over and hellfires him why he was sacraficed is usually how it goes.

For very high dps groups we specifically ask them not to dot him because of what happened to you and a second problem. The second one that happens is a dps gets agro due to dot, you taunt and a second dps dot hits and he walks over and kills them because our taunt is on the person not the mob.

This guy actually becomes more painful the higher the dps in group.
ldeboer

Postby solina » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:59 am

ldeboer wrote:It's not the patch your dps'er had a dot on him (prob rogue I guess with poison) then got sacrafcied. The dot hit he gets agro and he walks over and hellfires him why he was sacraficed is usually how it goes.

For very high dps groups we specifically ask them not to dot him because of what happened to you and a second problem. The second one that happens is a dps gets agro due to dot, you taunt and a second dps dot hits and he walks over and kills them because our taunt is on the person not the mob.

This guy actually becomes more painful the higher the dps in group.

So my Feral Druid can't mangle? Eww.
solina

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics