Remove Advertisements

Collecting "Warrior" Tanking Gear Now?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby sahiel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:16 am

Given the huge lack of stamina on most of the spell power plate we've seen thus far, it's Holy gear.

Lots of the skills are base mana costs, thats actually very small amounts (Cleanse is I believe... 6%? base mana and only costs 177 mana for example).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Valinora » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:43 am

Sahiel wrote:Given the huge lack of stamina on most of the spell power plate we've seen thus far, it's Holy gear.

Lots of the skills are base mana costs, thats actually very small amounts (Cleanse is I believe... 6%? base mana and only costs 177 mana for example).

Oh, right, I have noticed that skills are using %base mana. I guess it just didn't click until I read your post that it scales depends on what your base mana is. I like that a lot more. For some reason, I always through that the base mana spells were making spells more mana expensive. Guess I should of done some calculations.
Valinora

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:52 am

Worldie wrote:UW > Brutalizer everywhere.

Just think, you have it on your back rather than on your size

PURE STYLE
Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade is also back-mounted, with a much more detailed graphic than looking like a big spike ... and it has haste rating!

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Andox » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:40 am

Stupid me passed a UW to a DPS Warrior a month ago :(
Andox

Postby Huon » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Ok so,

I am pretty convinced that I am going to have to /ninja one of the two T6 warrior weapons.

But has anyone thought about enchants? With a lot of spells scaling with both AP and Spell damage, we need to figure out if we should enchant with spell damage, agi or something else. Is there a topic on that already?
Huon

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:45 pm

Huon wrote:Ok so,

I am pretty convinced that I am going to have to /ninja one of the two T6 warrior weapons.

But has anyone thought about enchants? With a lot of spells scaling with both AP and Spell damage, we need to figure out if we should enchant with spell damage, agi or something else. Is there a topic on that already?

No, but there are a bunch of more fundamental questions about our threat that need to be answered before we can start worrying about things like what enchants are best.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby vya » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:03 pm

Seloei wrote:hammer of righteous is a one handed weapon attack only.

Theres no point in going for "Warrior gear" because based on itemlevel, the blues locked to 75 are equal to SWP loot. Atleast based on the items which have been released.

Once it hits, you will quite probably be leveling up to 80 asap, so the extra pain you caused the warriors pre-wotlk will give you what? another set of items that you will shard/vendor soon?

^^this

Anything you have other than SWP gear is going to get replaced very quickly as you level. And I would garner that the itemization on the new gear will be more favorable than what's on current "warrior" gear given that they will have been designed with the new game mechanics in mind.

Also, blizz will make sure that whatever gear you have now will work just fine to get you 70->75 until pretty much all your gear will be replaced.
vya

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:08 pm

There's no harm in grabbing an appropriate "Warrior" weapon at your level, especially if it's going to waste or to a DPSer (or even one of those nice slow s2 PVP Axes/Maces). If WotLK is anything like TBC, there's a chance it won't be out this year. If that's the case then they might release the 3.0 mechanics for the Holiday season.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Mordinm » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Ulushnar wrote:There's no harm in grabbing an appropriate "Warrior" weapon at your level, especially if it's going to waste or to a DPSer (or even one of those nice slow s2 PVP Axes/Maces). If WotLK is anything like TBC, there's a chance it won't be out this year. If that's the case then they might release the 3.0 mechanics for the Holiday season.

I don't recall exactly when the TBC beta opened but a quick google search did bring up this page:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/World-of ... 6603.shtml
An announcement of TBC Beta starting dated at the end of September 2006. If that's right the WotLK beta is starting about two and a half months earlier in the year. I wouldn't expect even Blizzard to miss the holidays this time around.

I wouldn't worry to much about finding warrior gear. If you have solid spell damage tanking gear I don't doubt it will last well into the expansion. If you level prot as well a lot of damage comes from concecrate which still scales off spell damage.
Mordinm

Postby Nicki » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:11 pm

"the blues locked to 75 are equal to SWP loot"

the axe at level 75 ive seen is equal to BT quallity loot..
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:57 pm

Splug wrote:
Worldie wrote:UW > Brutalizer everywhere.

Just think, you have it on your back rather than on your size

PURE STYLE
Dragonscale Encrusted Longblade is also back-mounted, with a much more detailed graphic than looking like a big spike ... and it has haste rating!

-Splug

Good point, i'll grab the next one that drops.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to WotLK