Remove Advertisements

Woa woa woa Deathknights the new AoE tanks?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:38 am

Sabindeus wrote:by the Buster Sword do you mean Cataclysm's Edge


No, I mean the Buster Sword.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Postby thegreatheed » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:51 am

I see no cause for concern here.

1. That aoe spell the DK was using was on a cooldown, ie its not spammable.
2. We are inheriting extra spell damage 2 ways. First seal of the crusader coefficient is being rolled into spells. Second stam-> sd conversion.
3. We are gaining 1 new aoe spell, in hammer of the righteous, and holy wrath is being changed (the tooltip now indicates it deals damage, without the to demon/undead disclaimer, and additionally stuns demon/undead)

Plus our mitigation will be higher than a DK on anything but a caster boss.


We will remain the kings of aoe, and move up the ladder in MTing bosses.
Image
thegreatheed
 
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Postby Sharlos » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:24 am

thegreatheed wrote: and holy wrath is being changed (the tooltip now indicates it deals damage, without the to demon/undead disclaimer, and additionally stuns demon/undead)


Wait wait wait. We now have an instant AoE?? One that doesn't break CC for 8 seconds? Awesome, like seriously epic. And wasn't its cooldown reduced to a minute/30 seconds? Hmm, HW needs to be included in Guarded by the Light.

Now why couldn't they have given me this in BC? It shall be enormous fun in WotLK.
User avatar
Sharlos
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:46 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:38 am

If 3.0 comes before WotLK, even 1 week before, we'll have some real fun with the new talents at 80. I think i'll grab all my spelldamage gear and go steam roll alterac valley.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13342
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Spectrum » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am

90% of the AE farming videos you find online are against very specific mobs for which it's viable. Try using corpse explosion when tanking three tough elites.

We are the one with real AE threat abilities. Reactive threat + Avenger's Shield + Consecrate is something other tanks will be hard-pressed to replicate
Spectrum
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1488
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:40 pm
Location: Silvermoon, Alliance

Postby uke » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:by the Buster Sword do you mean Cataclysm's Edge


No, I mean the Buster Sword.


Do explain, good sir.
uke
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Caelia » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:59 am

I dont think paladins will be replaced as the AoE champions.

Not since if you look at the new holy wrath tooltip like someone said:

Holy Wrath

and also we get a nice little new shield :)

Sacred Shield

and not to mention the new cleave and shield slam

Hammer of the Righteous
Shield of Righteousness

As it currently stands in my eyes, we will remain the Aoe champions. Not only that will be improved as we can now frontload 1044-1226 holy damage minimum (add +sd) to all enemies in 10 yards. Also we can now cleave out 3 enemies infront of us and shield slam them.

With all that being said out MT abilites seem to have gone through the roof. Being now able to Pop Wings, Avengers Shield (.5 second cast now woot!), then Judge Righteousness or your faction of choose Seal of Blood. Consecrate, Raise holy shield (Crushing mechanics now gone + 8 second cd / 10 second length = more charges), When target is in 10 yards smash Holy Wrath and then Shield Slam / Hammer of the Rigtheous. If the target is undead then Exorcism. All this with wings will give you threat up the ying yang imo.

And im not doing a very good job at convincing myself to not reroll a belf for wrath...
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
User avatar
Caelia
 
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Calgary

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:by the Buster Sword do you mean Cataclysm's Edge


No, I mean the Buster Sword.


clearly you are delusional. Only one man is allowed to have the Buster Sword, and his name is Zack.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:11 pm

re: thread topic

Image
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 am

Sharlos wrote:
thegreatheed wrote: and holy wrath is being changed (the tooltip now indicates it deals damage, without the to demon/undead disclaimer, and additionally stuns demon/undead)


Wait wait wait. We now have an instant AoE?? One that doesn't break CC for 8 seconds? Awesome, like seriously epic. And wasn't its cooldown reduced to a minute/30 seconds? Hmm, HW needs to be included in Guarded by the Light.

Now why couldn't they have given me this in BC? It shall be enormous fun in WotLK.


I tested this last night. Holy Wrath had no effect at all on non undead creatures.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9665
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 am

"The deathknight version of retaliation?" As in a 30-minute cooldown that gets used once a month because you fatfingered the button next to it? ;)

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
User avatar
Splug
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2381
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 am

The tooltip on Holy wrath says again Undeads and Demons and i can confirm as well it doesnt' affect non-undead/demons.

Amen to that, was too cool if it affected everything.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13342
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest