Remove Advertisements

My own take on the tankadin build

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

My own take on the tankadin build

Postby RealDB » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Greetings fellow Paladins!

Here is the link to my Armory profile and my build as of now. The last three points I have on my way to 70 are going to the last point of Eye for an Eye, and Guardian's Favor.

I figured most of the tankading hate/dps comes from reactive damage. Also, one of our main problems comes from spell casters. I figured, why not get something to help take them down a notch without necessarily beating on them.

I'm interested in hearing what my peers think.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#character-talents.xml?r=Staghelm&n=Realdb

Also, I am working on my tanking gear right now. I have been looking at the gear compendium on WowWiki and you can see that I have some of the pieces already. It seems to me, that defense, dodge, and spell damage are important. I am using the Spellfire Longsword because it does +spell damage, and is fast enough to get all of the Reckoning procs in. I figure Reckoning is good to use to its fullest.
Level 67 Human Paladin - Staghelm
Silver Hand Sentinels
0/42/16
0/44/17 when I get to 70
RealDB

Postby Glyhelm » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:28 am

I hate to say this, but, as far as I know, no PvE spells will crit you. Special abilities and attacks can crit, but I'm not sure if Eye for an eye applies to them.

This is why resilience is useless as a tanking stat, and it'd tend to make eye for an eye useless as well.

Spellfire Longsword is an excellent weapon up to 70, but there are better you can get pre-raiding. Mana Wrath, and some exalted rep weapons.

I'd personally put two points into Guardian's Favor if I were you. BoP is a truely awesome "taunt," that can work on mobs that are immune to regular taunts.
Glyhelm

Postby Wes » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:47 am

Indeed, Eye is a useless talent, in both PvE and PvP imo.

The points are better spend in Imp Ret aura if your really "need" more damage return for aggro, if not, as said above, Favor is really nice. And if need be, you can setup a macro similer to Righreous Fury macro, that will target threw your targets target, making it a one touch aggro dump. More like a warriors taunt.
Wes - Level 70, Tankadin, Farstriders Server

Wes can, and will not be held responcable for spelling, and grammer errors or mistakes in the above post.
Wes

Postby RealDB » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:15 pm

I was pretty sure that PvE spells could crit you. Oh well, I will still run with it for a while and see how it plays out. This is mostly because I am still tryiing to save money for my flying mount and I don't want to spend 25g on another respec.

If it does not work out, I am not sure where I can dump the two points. Any suggesstions?
Level 67 Human Paladin - Staghelm
Silver Hand Sentinels
0/42/16
0/44/17 when I get to 70
RealDB

Return to Basic Training & Talents