Woa woa woa Deathknights the new AoE tanks?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:54 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Let them be the AoE tanks. We can be the second-best AoE tanks and remain the best MTs (based on current WotLK info).

Who are you and what have you done to Modus.

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Quacky » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:39 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Let them be the AoE tanks. We can be the second-best AoE tanks and remain the best MTs (based on current WotLK info).

LoL. If Modus can be optimistic with us being #1 MainTank, that's awesome news to a reader like me.
Quacky

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:20 am

fuzzygeek wrote:

dude have you read this shit we're getting? Modus is a realist, not a pessimist. :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

well

Postby Mavrix » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:07 am

That just makes me want to prepare for the other shoe to drop. Nerf bat can't be too far in the future.
If it's too good to be true, it probably is.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Re: well

Postby Jonlo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 am

Mavrix wrote:That just makes me want to prepare for the other shoe to drop. Nerf bat can't be too far in the future.
If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

This will be nerfed. The paladins on the beta forums are seeing how high they can get the JoC damage.

http://chuckg.org/dump/2008/workingasintended.jpg
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am

Sabindeus wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:

dude have you read this shit we're getting? Modus is a realist, not a pessimist. :P

Pretty much this. I have a Prot Paladin and Prot Warrior, so it doesn't really matter to me who I play. I'll call them as I sees them. They could still screw us, but based on current WotLK info, we appear to be the best (assuming a warrior for Demo Shout, but this can be applied by druids and Warlocks as well, and even Prot warriors use a DPS warrior for it).

You think I want my BElf with TF to be shelved?!

EDIT: And the Buster Sword. I have that on him, too.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Nymeros » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:09 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Pretty much this. I have a Prot Paladin and Prot Warrior, so it doesn't really matter to me who I play. I'll call them as I sees them. They could still screw us, but based on current WotLK info, we appear to be the best (assuming a warrior for Demo Shout, but this can be applied by druids and Warlocks as well, and even Prot warriors use a DPS warrior for it).

Yeah. I'm really scratching my head at what Warriors are getting. First they get a mitigation nerf with the changes to Shield Block while we get a buff with the changes to Improved Devotion and Holy Shield.

Secondly, outside of Shockwave for AoE tanking, their best new talents are for off tanking. They even have a 31 pointer that does absolutely nothing for them on a non multi-tank transition fight and buffs another tank with 5% dodge. Not to mention their 60% damage reduction on the target of their Intervene that's much further down their Protection tree than Divine Guardian.

I honestly have no idea what the heck Blizz is thinking to do with Warriors, but it seriously looks like they're getting the short end of the stick compared to Paladin and Druid tanks.
befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Nymeros

Postby Saphier » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:26 am

All that runic power he's getting is from a talent that gives 20 every time he gets a killing blow. Which is happening constantly vs those little slimes with like 300 hp.

So yes, in this situation he can spam corpse explosion. In Hyjal for example, not so much.

30 second CD on D&D also.

The sky is not falling, it'll be okay.
Saphier

Postby Enkal » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:53 am

I kinda like the DK, a bit like my dark templar in AoC. I've always been a fan of life drains for some reason. :shock:

Used to have a Blood mage in Horizons as well. :)

There's the small probability I'll ditch tankadin for tanka-d-knight. ;)
Enkal

Postby q111 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 am

Don't also forget the new judgemend-system; every seal make judge-dmg; you don't have to judge crusader anymore, because the extra-damage was included in every holy-spell, the judgemend does not consume the Seal anymore and so on:

And you have a lot of new talents that dealy extra-thread:

Holy-Shieldslam (200% of your Block-Value and i think 200% thread of the holy-dmg WITHOUT activated Thread-Buff)
Holy-Cleave also with extra-Thread BEVORE Thread-Buff
Retributing-Aura SCALES with spelldmg and ALL auras are raidwide
Judgemend scales with AP and Spelldmg
8 Seconds CD for Holy Shield (no crushings (if they are not completely removed) because of high latency)

Even if the Tankadin don't tank, you can give the maintank all 4 minutes a extra Shield Wall and deal good damage (i hope without manaproblems)

Deathknights D&D is nice, but you cant spam it like consecration, and D&D can fear the target, wich can be fatal in some situations.

And dont forget: the DK will do good dmg, but the paladin in WotLK will also do it and the Single-Target-DMG will be buffed which was the biggest Problem of a tankpala against a castermob.

The only problem is Avengers Shield; if they would change the spell to an instant-cast, the Paladin would be one of the best tanks ingame, because the thread-generation would be godly.
q111

Postby roosevelt » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:34 am

q111 wrote:The only problem is Avengers Shield; if they would change the spell to an instant-cast, the Paladin would be one of the best tanks ingame, because the thread-generation would be godly.

Its going to be a .5 sec cast and our judgments will slow attack speed by 20%. You will be able to add it to the rotation but you will just have to time it. Our threat will be fine for single target and we will still be the best tanks for 4+ mobs and equal or better for 2-3.
roosevelt

Postby Hoops » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:30 am

DK's wont be the AoE tanks.

Edit the aoe move is called Death and decay. Would cause same threat as a mages aoe since its not a frost move.
Hoops

Postby blessyou » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:31 am

q111 wrote:Deathknights D&D is nice, but you cant spam it like consecration, and D&D can fear the target, wich can be fatal in some situations.

Just a few nit-picks. It makes them "cower in fear", so they don't run off, its more like a warrior's intimidating shout on main target.

Hoops wrote:Would cause same threat as a mages aoe since its not a frost move.

This would be modified by Frost Presence I believe.
blessyou

Postby guillex » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:45 am

Enkal wrote:There's the small probability I'll ditch tankadin for tanka-d-knight. ;)

Only reason I'll be rolling a DK will be for farming.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:

Pretty much this. I have a Prot Paladin and Prot Warrior, so it doesn't really matter to me who I play. I'll call them as I sees them. They could still screw us, but based on current WotLK info, we appear to be the best (assuming a warrior for Demo Shout, but this can be applied by druids and Warlocks as well, and even Prot warriors use a DPS warrior for it).

by the Buster Sword do you mean Cataclysm's Edge
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK