Remove Advertisements

New WotLK tanking style

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:51 am

We have abundance of raiding prot and ret paladins on boulderfist nowadays.

WTB T6 ret paladin, pst.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sark » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:57 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Worldie wrote:Shield Slap?
Also, refer to my idea of "holy slap" for more single target threat.

every time u say this...i giggle
Sark

Postby lesurk » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:51 am

I heard a rumor that judgements don't remove seals in wotlk. Anyone know if there's any truth to that? Would help with spell rotations.
lesurk

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:00 am

Seems to be the case. Three/four judgements for one seal cast? Very nice.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Tradyk » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 am

lesurk wrote:I heard a rumor that judgements don't remove seals in wotlk. Anyone know if there's any truth to that? Would help with spell rotations.

ohmigod.

I think I just had a pallygasm.
Tradyk

Postby Lore » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:18 am

lesurk wrote:I heard a rumor that judgements don't remove seals in wotlk. Anyone know if there's any truth to that? Would help with spell rotations.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... highlight=
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Morendin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:41 am

Worldie wrote: i'm not sure that imp judgement is worth taking with all those overlapping CD

well...if judgements not eating the seal are true, imp judgement becomes more attractive because we no longer need a GCD to reseal, we can simply judge every 8s...

However, at the same time, it's LESS attractive because judgement will be a FAR smaller component of threat with SoV/SoR weaving, Hammer, and ESPECIALLY Shield of Righteousness, because the Shield scales absurdly fast if you take Shield Spec and the talent for 15% more damage to our Shield skills(Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield, Shield of Righteousness).

*if that's a multiplier, I will shut up forever about our scaling
Morendin

Postby Sharlos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Morendin wrote:
Worldie wrote: i'm not sure that imp judgement is worth taking with all those overlapping CD

well...if judgements not eating the seal are true, imp judgement becomes more attractive because we no longer need a GCD to reseal, we can simply judge every 8s...

However, at the same time, it's LESS attractive because judgement will be a FAR smaller component of threat with SoV/SoR weaving, Hammer, and ESPECIALLY Shield of Righteousness, because the Shield scales absurdly fast if you take Shield Spec and the talent for 15% more damage to our Shield skills(Holy Shield, Avenger's Shield, Shield of Righteousness).

*if that's a multiplier, I will shut up forever about our scaling

If judgement doesn't consume our seal it would make for a nie macro:
Code: Select all
/cast Judgement
/cast Holy Shield
Sharlos

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Sharlos wrote:If judgement doesn't consume our seal it would make for a nie macro:
/cast Judgement of Wisdom
/cast Holy Shield

Fixd
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sharlos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Worldie wrote:
Sharlos wrote:If judgement doesn't consume our seal it would make for a nie macro:
/cast Judgement of Wisdom
/cast Holy Shield

Fixd

Do we know how much Judgement of Light heals for?
And if it is effects by Touched by he Light? or Sheath of Light for that matter.
Sharlos

Postby Teloc » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:54 pm

wow lore posted a link to a thread i made..I'm special now..yay

Also, I think I'm going to be using judgment of wisdom since mana seems to be our biggest issue. Cause if i need health, a few hundred health won't be a drop in the bucket to our new health pools. But then again I've only see ret pallys talking about getting the few hundred healing from it. So maybe it is % based and a prot pally will get more healing out of it.
Teloc

Postby Sharlos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Teloc wrote:wow lore posted a link to a thread i made..I'm special now..yay

Also, I think I'm going to be using judgment of wisdom since mana seems to be our biggest issue. Cause if i need health, a few hundred health won't be a drop in the bucket to our new health pools. But then again I've only see ret pallys talking about getting the few hundred healing from it. So maybe it is % based and a prot pally will get more healing out of it.

I's probabbly be using wisdom as well. Will be nice for grinding.
Sharlos

Postby Sarima » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:36 am

I've seen a lot of people arguing to keep Holy Shield up (nearly) all the time, since it will provide nice mitigation when we factor in the boost to block value we'll likely get. That seems to me like those people are thinking they will be what we now call uncrushable with Holy Shield up.
However, in regards of the homogenisation of tanking gear, I think it's rather safe to assume that we will get next to 0 Shield Block Rating on tanking items, since DK's will not be able to use it. So I'm wondering if the magic 102.4% will be able to be reached without extra block rating from gear and what this would mean for our skill rotation.
Worldie wrote:[...]omg, WotLK will seriously hurt my bran.
Sarima

Postby Sharlos » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:34 am

Sarima wrote:I've seen a lot of people arguing to keep Holy Shield up (nearly) all the time, since it will provide nice mitigation when we factor in the boost to block value we'll likely get. That seems to me like those people are thinking they will be what we now call uncrushable with Holy Shield up.
However, in regards of the homogenisation of tanking gear, I think it's rather safe to assume that we will get next to 0 Shield Block Rating on tanking items, since DK's will not be able to use it. So I'm wondering if the magic 102.4% will be able to be reached without extra block rating from gear and what this would mean for our skill rotation.

Either we can get 'uncrushable' or we can't and redoubt becomes useful again, meaning between us and warriors we will block the most.
Sharlos

Postby Alceste » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 pm

I've heard rumor that the damage-dealing seals will not be removed when you judge them. You'll only need to reapply the same seal when its 30s duration runs down, judging all the while.
Alceste

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK