Yes
17%
No
83%

Total votes : 47

Improved Judgement in WotLK necessary?

Postby unlimit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:22 pm

What is your opinion on it?

We've gained a few abilities to help with our single target threat, do you think it will be necessary?

I'm thinking no.
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:23 pm

The answer on that one's probably going to have to wait until level 80. We definately seem to have a lot more going on in our threat rotation now.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Mine's tentatively a no, but if Judging damage seals doesn't consume them then there's more theorycrafting will be needed to compare it to other threat talents.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:04 pm

From just theory point of view, if judging will not remove the seal anymore, then impoved judgement is very good to have (not necessary tho).

If it will still remove the seal, i don't think it will be worth taking it anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:15 pm

I don't use Imp Judgement now - I have 5/5 Reck instead.

For wrath - no chance. I'm having trouble getting reckoning into my builds, let alone Imp Judgement.

My 70 build will be 0/61/0, most likely. Maybe 53/8. Can't build a prot tree I like for less than 53 points, and even then, I'm missing both Reckoning and Ardent Defender. Then again, I'm assuming I won't need AD to level or tank early Northrend in Tier 6.5 gear.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Well hehe i also assume we won't have any issue while tanking our way up to lvl 80. T6.5 should last well into lvl 80 until first 80 epics imo.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:34 pm

I don't think its worth taking even now, because in AOE situations you won't take advantage of it.
Chevalier

Postby knaughty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:42 pm

Chevalier wrote:I don't think its worth taking even now, because in AOE situations you won't take advantage of it.

Imp judgement is:

• Useless for AE threat.
• Worse than Reckoning for single target threat

Reckoning is:
• Merely "bad" for AE threat. But you can refill your mana bar in a hurry wailing on away with SoW/JoW/5 ghouls beating on you. And it does a little threat.
• Way better than Imp Judgement for Single target threat.

Why does anyone take it when doing Deep Prot builds? I assume it's in the 40/21 builds, but I spec 0/51/10 or 0/48/13 (Imp JoC). Well, or 10/0/51 when Retnoobing at Brute.

It's a Ret talent for Ret DPS, even in TBC. Useless in Wrath, we have better places to spend GCDs and Talent points.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:08 am

Imp Judgement is a no-brainer if you're using the Mother libram.

Anyway, depends if the new judgements will take a GCD. If they will, the talent will be pretty nice because it will let you sync your HS/Cons/Judge cooldowns to never overlap. If they don't take up a GCD at all you won't have to worry about that so the talent's value is diminished.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 am

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Judgements are their own mechanic not on GCD and no bound to anything else in WoTLK.
I also think a lot of people are a bit ignorant about the mana costs on certain spells like consecration (1475), avenger shield (1745), which you just wont be using anymore.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby knaughty » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:20 am

QuantumDelta wrote:I think a lot of people are forgetting that Judgements are their own mechanic not on GCD and no bound to anything else in WoTLK.
I also think a lot of people are a bit ignorant about the mana costs on certain spells like consecration (1475), avenger shield (1745), which you just wont be using anymore.

If you're a tank, tanking, those numbers are halved. So you will be using them. Guarded By The Light is there for a reason. You do need it.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:55 am

...8% of the time -.-
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Teloc » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:25 am

I don't think we will be spamming consecration anymore unless we have mana to burn or the GBTL proc is up.

If we have the mana it will be an AE pull or a raid boss.
Teloc

Postby unlimit » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 am

QuantumDelta wrote:...8% of the time -.-
On a single target, you do mean? :O
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby Damiun » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 am

the question is not how much mana consecrate costs but how much damage you will be taking, and is it enough to keep your mana up and keep consecration in your rotation.
Damiun

Next

Return to WotLK