kings defender?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

kings defender?

Postby meepje » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:31 pm

hi,

i really wanna be a prot pala but my guild forces me to spec holy for ssc/TK etc... were progressing quite well, and all the time weve been clearing kara while running the bigger 25mans. in this time ive collected a decent amount of tanking gear (mostly warrior stuff) and i got kings defender tonight.

just wanna know is it worth keeping this + getting enchanted etc.. or should i wait for somthing else?
meepje

Postby Leidus » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:35 pm

I have a King's Defender too, but I mainly use it to taunt warriors with.

I get a lot more mileage out of my Crystalforged Sword. Though any spell damage sword will do, such as a Continuum Blade from KoT rep, or one of the many other 5 man drops.
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby meepje » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:38 pm

i get a new crystalforge sword each day from the blades edge event... if im unlucky its a cape with haste on it :) so basically i should use swords (decent ofcourse) with spell damage over kings defender?
meepje

Postby Leidus » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 pm

meepje wrote:i get a new crystalforge sword each day from the blades edge event... if im unlucky its a cape with haste on it :) so basically i should use swords (decent ofcourse) with spell damage over kings defender?

Yep. I use a spell damage sword with 40 spell damage enchant on it. That nets me the 161 spell damage I have, and it's all I've needed to tank all of Kara and Gruuls.

And, my shaman hates you for getting the haste cape. :P
Leidus - 80 Human Paladin // Sudiel - 80 Human Death Knight

<Fluffy Dragon> <Epic Coalition> - Cenarion Circle
Leidus

Postby Buldozer » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:50 pm

I've been using King's Defender ever since I've been a tankadin. (I got it on my first kara and it inspired me to try prot out) Mine has a mongoose enchant on it which is really nice to generate more threat with the haste proc, and it adds a good amount of dodge when it procs as well. The weapon has some good dps and good attack speed which is ideal for tanking. You don't have your race shown but if your a blood elf running without much spell damage, this is a great weapon to use Seal of Blood with and generate really nice threat still.

I've never been the type to use a spell damage weapon... but I'm looking to pick one up from Leotheras. Personally I haven't ever had a problem with threat and I'm anxious to see how much I'll improve with an extra 250 spell damage.

So, in the end... I would recommend using this... a mongoose or spell damage enchant would both be good, but I would recommend mongoose. You can keep this as a mitigation weap and pick a Continuum Blade up for a threat weap if needed.
Buldozer

Return to General