Remove Advertisements

Tirion Fordring is badass

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Jonlo wrote:
Baelor wrote:Well that's a puny way for Tirion to get the Ashbringer.


How so? Tirion is badass, so his mere presence cleanses The Ashbringer. Then he beats up Arthas, and Arthas runs off with his tail between his legs. Not such a tough Lich King in the presence of the most badass paladin ever. (Uther is also cool)


After watching that video I pretty much have to agree 100%
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Norrath » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Especially considering that Arthas kicked the ass of anyone who ever stood up against him, including Uther and Illidan, and when he did that, he didn't have the full powers of the Lich King -- "just" Frostmourne.

Now he does, so presumably he's even tougher than before.

Tirion just whooped his butt.

(... and his mere presence, amplified by the holy ground of Light's Hope Chapel it might be, cleansed the Ashbringer. BAD. ASS.)
Image
Image
User avatar
Norrath
 
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:43 pm
Location: Denmark

Postby Sober » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

Can't believe I'm probably gonna roll a DK just to experience that battle...
Sober
 
Posts: 393
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 10:54 am

Postby Baelor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Jonlo wrote:
Baelor wrote:Well that's a puny way for Tirion to get the Ashbringer.


How so? Tirion is badass, so his mere presence cleanses The Ashbringer. Then he beats up Arthas, and Arthas runs off with his tail between his legs. Not such a tough Lich King in the presence of the most badass paladin ever. (Uther is also cool)


After watching that video I pretty much have to agree 100%

A Death Knight threw it to him.

I was hoping for a search for an artifact and an effort to craft/cleanse it through a questline. Tirion touching it and it becoming cleansed seems... I dunno... too simple.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
Baelor
Moderator
 
Posts: 2677
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am
Location: New York

Postby UMIO » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:17 am

the DK mount looks AWESOME
Image
UMIO
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:59 am

Lol. Theres a bit of a discussion staring about Death Knight Hot Potato.

Basically get 4 or 5 DK's, surround a player of the opposing faction, spam Death Grip, laugh as opposing player helplessly runs from DK to DK.

For those that don't know:

Death Grip is effectively a taunt that works in PvP. It forces the target to target you and run towards you. 35 second cooldown, 25 when talented.

There have been reports of people using it on people who are on flying mounts. They (sadly) don't dismount, however, they do fly down towards you.
User avatar
Skwigelf
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 am

Postby UMIO » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 am

Lol, whats the range of Death grip?
Image
UMIO
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 am
Location: Melbourne

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:23 am

Death Grip(lv55) - Harness the unholy energy that surrounds and binds all matter, drawing the target toward the Death Knight and forcing the enemy to attack the Death Knight for 3 sec. Instant, 30 yd range, 35 sec cooldown
User avatar
Skwigelf
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 am

Postby Jonlo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am

Baelor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Jonlo wrote:
Baelor wrote:Well that's a puny way for Tirion to get the Ashbringer.


How so? Tirion is badass, so his mere presence cleanses The Ashbringer. Then he beats up Arthas, and Arthas runs off with his tail between his legs. Not such a tough Lich King in the presence of the most badass paladin ever. (Uther is also cool)


After watching that video I pretty much have to agree 100%

A Death Knight threw it to him.

I was hoping for a search for an artifact and an effort to craft/cleanse it through a questline. Tirion touching it and it becoming cleansed seems... I dunno... too simple.


Yeah, but Tirion Fordring is the most noble of all the paladins, and the most bad ass living paladin. His mere existence scares Arthas. Why else would Arthas send 10000 undead to draw him out, and then show up himself to finish the job? That's the mark of a true evil leader, he shows up to make sure the job is done right, he just forgot that Tirion is better than he is.
Image
Jonlo
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Postby Jtree » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Think we'll see Morgraine and Fording joining the fray against Arthas, like Akama and Maiev against Illidan?
Image
User avatar
Jtree
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:29 am
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Jtree wrote:Think we'll see Morgraine and Fording joining the fray against Arthas, like Akama and Maiev against Illidan?


Alexandros! Renault! Dorian!

Combine your powers to form...MECHA-MOGRAINE!

[img]Image%20that%20I%20cant%20be%20bothered%20to%20Photoshop%20of%20Alexandros%20with%20Renault%20and%20Dorian%20for%20arms[/img]
User avatar
Skwigelf
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 am

Postby Bovion » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm

the video is gone!
Image
Bovion
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:48 am

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Bovion wrote:the video is gone!


Still works for me.
User avatar
Skwigelf
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:07 am

Postby herpackmule » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am

Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.
herpackmule
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:41 pm

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 am

herpackmule wrote:Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.


well in WoW Paladin powers are for keeps. Once you have them, nothing you do will take them away.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10472
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?