Remove Advertisements

Tirion Fordring is badass

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sabindeus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Jonlo wrote:
Baelor wrote:Well that's a puny way for Tirion to get the Ashbringer.

How so? Tirion is badass, so his mere presence cleanses The Ashbringer. Then he beats up Arthas, and Arthas runs off with his tail between his legs. Not such a tough Lich King in the presence of the most badass paladin ever. (Uther is also cool)

After watching that video I pretty much have to agree 100%
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Norrath » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:50 pm

Especially considering that Arthas kicked the ass of anyone who ever stood up against him, including Uther and Illidan, and when he did that, he didn't have the full powers of the Lich King -- "just" Frostmourne.

Now he does, so presumably he's even tougher than before.

Tirion just whooped his butt.

(... and his mere presence, amplified by the holy ground of Light's Hope Chapel it might be, cleansed the Ashbringer. BAD. ASS.)
Norrath

Postby Sober » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:23 am

Can't believe I'm probably gonna roll a DK just to experience that battle...
Sober

Postby Baelor » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Jonlo wrote:

How so? Tirion is badass, so his mere presence cleanses The Ashbringer. Then he beats up Arthas, and Arthas runs off with his tail between his legs. Not such a tough Lich King in the presence of the most badass paladin ever. (Uther is also cool)

A Death Knight threw it to him.

I was hoping for a search for an artifact and an effort to craft/cleanse it through a questline. Tirion touching it and it becoming cleansed seems... I dunno... too simple.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby UMIO » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:17 am

the DK mount looks AWESOME
UMIO

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:59 am

Lol. Theres a bit of a discussion staring about Death Knight Hot Potato.

Basically get 4 or 5 DK's, surround a player of the opposing faction, spam Death Grip, laugh as opposing player helplessly runs from DK to DK.

For those that don't know:

Death Grip is effectively a taunt that works in PvP. It forces the target to target you and run towards you. 35 second cooldown, 25 when talented.

There have been reports of people using it on people who are on flying mounts. They (sadly) don't dismount, however, they do fly down towards you.
Skwigelf

Postby UMIO » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 am

Lol, whats the range of Death grip?
UMIO

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:23 am

Death Grip(lv55) - Harness the unholy energy that surrounds and binds all matter, drawing the target toward the Death Knight and forcing the enemy to attack the Death Knight for 3 sec. Instant, 30 yd range, 35 sec cooldown
Skwigelf

Postby Jonlo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am

Baelor wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Jonlo wrote:

A Death Knight threw it to him.

I was hoping for a search for an artifact and an effort to craft/cleanse it through a questline. Tirion touching it and it becoming cleansed seems... I dunno... too simple.

Yeah, but Tirion Fordring is the most noble of all the paladins, and the most bad ass living paladin. His mere existence scares Arthas. Why else would Arthas send 10000 undead to draw him out, and then show up himself to finish the job? That's the mark of a true evil leader, he shows up to make sure the job is done right, he just forgot that Tirion is better than he is.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Jtree » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Think we'll see Morgraine and Fording joining the fray against Arthas, like Akama and Maiev against Illidan?
Jtree

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Jtree wrote:Think we'll see Morgraine and Fording joining the fray against Arthas, like Akama and Maiev against Illidan?

Alexandros! Renault! Dorian!

Combine your powers to form...MECHA-MOGRAINE!

[img]Image%20that%20I%20cant%20be%20bothered%20to%20Photoshop%20of%20Alexandros%20with%20Renault%20and%20Dorian%20for%20arms[/img]
Skwigelf

Postby Bovion » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm

the video is gone!
Bovion

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Bovion wrote:the video is gone!

Still works for me.
Skwigelf

Postby herpackmule » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:57 am

Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.
herpackmule

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:42 am

herpackmule wrote:Well crap, now I have to roll a deathnight just to see that in first person. I just finished the book that tells the story of Tirion (er, the short story anyway).

I love that he retained/regained his holy powers after being excommunicated from the order. I hope they play on that theme in his storyline- the power of the light is stronger than the self-serving organizations of man.

well in WoW Paladin powers are for keeps. Once you have them, nothing you do will take them away.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK