Remove Advertisements

Linx boss troubles

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Linx boss troubles

Postby fizikz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:35 am

Okay, so I've done ZA 3 times now all of which have made it to lynx boss.

The first run we downed him but we lost a healer right before we made it to him and got a pally friend who heals sunwell to come finish with us.

The second run we had a disc pug in pvp gear healing (i know >.< got 2 timers though) and an undergeared pally and i pretty much got instagibbed on the boss as soon as he went into a frenzy, he'd hit me for 7-9k once and i'd last 1-2 seconds after that and then die, at which point our feral druid OT tanked him down to below 50% with rogues standing on him to take the saber lashes... this happened twice and we gave up.

Third time, yesterday. we had 2 guild priests and the same undergeared pally (1600 healing unbuffed) made it through the first 3 bosses with ease. only 1 wipe on eagle due to idiocy, and one on dragonhawk with the tank dying at 10% anyways. we make it to lynx, and I die within 10 seconds. twice. I repeat to the healers that he hits for 7-9k and they need to be ready for it and they reply that they know, and are already spamming me. we again, give up.

So finally for my question... do my healers just suck? Am i undergeared? I had 20k hp buffed at the time, it doesnt seem like i should die so fast...

here's my armory

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Katsura
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby GothicPL » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:56 am

Are you doing anything differently during the burst? It's a team effort:
- the tank needs to do his part to help the healers by using usual burst damage prevention techniques such as using avoidance trinkets, pots, switching to Devotion Aura and such
- healers should also burn their trinkets and cooldowns.

Lynx does hit hard, but I never wiped on him - folks just need to learn how to deal with burst damage.
GothicPL

Postby fizikz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:21 pm

I dont have any avoidance trinkets besides the crappy hellfire one >.> pocket watch drops only on the second kara one which i take my hunter to and i dont know of any other attainable one. i pot/hp stone when i can, which is normally why i lasted 30 seconds insted of 10 but there's just nothing more i can do, devo aura was up as well. had every buff available to me on.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Rokh » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:25 pm

I find that a Block value suit makes ZA pretty damn easy. (yes yes, point and laugh)

But try getting like 800 BV and nice AC.. up around 19k... and there is no spike damage what so ever... yes, over time you do end up taking more dmg by trading out dodge for block, but you lose hp at a slow, constant rate... very very easy to heal through.

Honestly I find that so far blizzard has tuned 10mans towards block value, and 25mans towards dodge.... just my 2 cents.
Rokh

Postby Seloei » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:05 am

800 BV reduces the Saber Lash damage by 800, so it will hit you for 8.5k not 9-9.5k.

If your having that big problems and the druid is equalish geared as you, let him do it and you juggle Bubbles on yourself to remove the 9k damage spikes. He will not get hit with it.

Halazzi is a healing fight, Preemptive heals are needed and crappy healers can't do it. Insane healers however... Once our resto druid bit it and the paladin healed him from 75% -> 0% without going oom
Seloei

Postby fizikz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:56 am

Seloei wrote:800 BV reduces the Saber Lash damage by 800, so it will hit you for 8.5k not 9-9.5k.

If your having that big problems and the druid is equalish geared as you, let him do it and you juggle Bubbles on yourself to remove the 9k damage spikes. He will not get hit with it.

Halazzi is a healing fight, Preemptive heals are needed and crappy healers can't do it. Insane healers however... Once our resto druid bit it and the paladin healed him from 75% -> 0% without going oom

your dps must be insane ><

can this boss crush? if he cant, it seems it would be retarded not to have the druid tank it...
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby rabbel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:42 am

Nalorakk and Halazzi are the two bosses in Zul'Aman that can't crush. Jan'alai, Malacrass and Zul'jin (in all forms) can deliver possibly deadly crushing blows, Akil'zon can crush too, but his melee is quite weak, so thats nothing that would kill you.

A crushing lynx would be a bit too much, even without he hits extremely fast and hard...
rabbel

Postby jere » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:21 am

As a note, if you have a hunter in your group, they can Tranq shot Halazzi's frenzy.
jere

Postby Rokh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

Seloei wrote:800 BV reduces the Saber Lash damage by 800, so it will hit you for 8.5k not 9-9.5k.

We arent talking about the saber lash... i believe the line is "i pretty much got instagibbed on the boss as soon as he went into a frenzy"

His normal attacks are really only about 4k, they are just REALLY REALLY FAST, 800 BV is fucking HUGE on lynx. Especialy if your rocking 20k hp, thats ballpark 4000hp blocked from 100% to dead.
Rokh

Postby fizikz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:43 am

okay, so you said BV set for lynx... lets compare the two I have >.<

EH set ............ BV set

dodge:23%....17.3%
parry:16.3....15.6
block:17....26
BV:430.... 660
armor:18300....17000
hp(BoK): 15.9....14.9

losing 1k hp, 7% avoidance, 1300 armor.... for 230 bv...?....wow and i thought i was gonna ask you guys -.-'
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Seloei » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:09 am

Rokh wrote:
We arent talking about the saber lash... i believe the line is "i pretty much got instagibbed on the boss as soon as he went into a frenzy"

His normal attacks are really only about 4k, they are just REALLY REALLY FAST, 800 BV is fucking HUGE on lynx. Especialy if your rocking 20k hp, thats ballpark 4000hp blocked from 100% to dead.

He did not say he was dieing to the frenzy, he said he was dieing in 10 seconds. Which is about the time when the first saber lash should be coming up. With low avoidance/armor you will be taking a hell of a beating.

Block value gear is for karazhan in raids, any higher and you are just asking for trouble. It has it's uses on felmyst/MH first 2 boss trash and ros... beyond that.

Anyhow, you were probably dieing to his saber lash + mainhand+offhand hits. He hits for 2k offhand, 4k mainhand iirc + 9k saberlash. If the healers are sloppy you will go down. It's as simple as that.
Also, i'd strongly suggest you put the druid on him if your having that kind of trouble.
He does not crush, druids (by nature) have a ton of lot more pure avoidance and armor, so he will both avoid more of his attacks and the ones that do connect, will be doing less damage.

You said he tanked him from that point to 50% with rogues dancing in/out? Another indicator :)
Seloei

Postby Trilynne » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:59 am

I think this fight must just be hard on healers. We tried it last night with a very well-geared priest and paladin, and a perfectly adequately geared resto druid. I was MTing him, and the warr was supposed to pick up the kitty(that's a different problem all together...). The healers had a HECK of a time keeping our health up. It took me awhile to figure out that yes, Saber Lash hits for 9k WHEN SPLIT. The first time we tried, I went down HARD and FAST right when the first SL hit. The next time, the healers were ready, and kept my health up better, as well as the warrior's. BUT they started to go oom at about 30% health on the boss. AND the warrior was having trouble picking up the third cat, and it picked off a healer. Tried it again, cat went after the healers again, and switched targets just when the warr intervened. x.o So the warr was in one corner, and the cat had trotted to the other. The RL (who had been a bit surprised when I explained that I should be MTing him because of the insanely fast hit speed) declared that we would try the warr MTing, so I could long-range taunt the kitty. We died again, because the healers didn't heal me up in between SLs. *sigh* 9k+9k=18k, I have 17k when buffed up. All it would have taken was a flash heal, and I would have lived. It was really late, and we called it.
If anyone has any advice for us, I'd like to hear it...
Trilynne

Postby rabbel » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:00 pm

If you are equally geared to the Warrior it can be a good idea to let him tank the merged form / troll form, and take the cat by yourself. Reason? 8yd Radius Consecration, 10yd Judgement, 40yd Righteous Defense, 30yd Avengers Shield, 30yd Blessing of Protetction. You have it _far_ easier to pick up that cat than him, and the attack speed doesn't matter in any way, because he can't crush. You just make more threat than the warrior because Halazzi will eat some of those nifty Holy Shield charges.

To pick up the cat I usually throw out a consecration when he does his phase-change emote, combined with a "/target Spirit /cast Judgement"macro as soon as I see his nameplate popping up. Not too early, or you will cast your Judgement on Halazzi himself.

If your healers have problems getting you up after soaking a Saber Lash you can bubble if you think they won't get you up in time. The damage is still split, but you just are immune. It can also be helpful to wear as much avoidance / HP / armor as you can, if you offtank him in the merged phase and tank the kitty in split phase SD is practically a non-issue. Consecrate + Judgement will keep the kitty to you, except when a Priest decides to CoH very early, but Taunt and Frisbee will help there. I have had runs on him where not a single SL has hit me because of high stacked dodge and excessive use of avoidance trinkets.
rabbel

Postby Tiandelin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:08 pm

The only time I tank Halazzi myself is when we bring a dps warrior to act as an offtank. Otherwise, I let our feral druid or prot warrior tank Halazzi while I pick up the spirit.

Helpful macro for this case:

Code: Select all
/targetexact Spirit of the Lynx

Spam it while he does his phase change emote and then judge the moment you see the lynx appear as your target. Taunt for good measure.

If you really want to MT him or the other tank just isn't as well geared as you, stacking BV helps a lot, as noted by others. If you're just taking lashes and picking up the spirit, avoidance will do much to help your healers' mana pools.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Rokh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:23 am

fizikz wrote:okay, so you said BV set for lynx... lets compare the two I have >.<

EH set ............ BV set

dodge:23%....17.3%
parry:16.3....15.6
block:17....26
BV:430.... 660
armor:18300....17000
hp(BoK): 15.9....14.9

losing 1k hp, 7% avoidance, 1300 armor.... for 230 bv...?....wow and i thought i was gonna ask you guys -.-'

Here is the problem you are having with lynx... YOUR GEAR FUCKING SUCKS.. With BoK i have 18,700 hp on the nose..... get out of ZA.
Rokh

Next

Return to Zul'aman