Should we have a forum for all things WotLK?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Yes :)
92%
No :(
8%

Total votes : 50

Postby d503 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 pm

I know I've got a low post count, but I've been lurking here for a long time. I find that I'm checking every forum atm to find WotLK conjecture and theorycrafting/talent-talk. Would it be useful to have a whole forum dedicated to it? That way we can consolidate the posting, and make it easier for those looking for the info?

Feel free to /slap me if I'm outta line :P

Edit - Feel free to close the poll and lock the thread based on Dorvan's response below :) Might as well leave it here for posterity tho
Last edited by d503 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
d503

Postby roosevelt » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 pm

With all the wild speculation posts we probably should. Its obvious that the WotLK discussion can't really be contained by one thread and theres already several that are close to being topic overlaps.

A separate forum or a lockdown of duplicates with an "offical" wotlkthread would really help straighten up the forums. Maybe this will all die down once everyone sees the new stuff and all the info is out though.
roosevelt

Postby Chevalier » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 pm

I voted yes but only if people don't get too nazi about it (YOU POSTED WRATH STUFF IN THE GENERAL FORUMS THERES A WRATH FORUM OMG!!!!1111!!!! DIE!) and the mods don't mind the extra work.
Chevalier

Postby d503 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 pm

roosevelt wrote:With all the wild speculation posts we probably should. Its obvious that the WotLK discussion can't really be contained by one thread and theres already several that are close to being topic overlaps.

A separate forum or a lockdown of duplicates with an "offical" wotlkthread would really help straighten up the forums. Maybe this will all die down once everyone sees the new stuff and all the info is out though.

Well if you think about it, mods are already gonna have to be moving talent threads from Advanced Training to Talents, and shit from General to wherever...whereas, if you saw Wrath of the Lich King towards the top or w/e you'd be more inclined to post their first concerning wrath.

just my 2c
d503

Postby Dorvan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:49 am

Really, these forums generally talk about the latest news that's relevant to Tankadins, whatever that may be. I see no reason to relegate WotLK to its own subforum instead of distributing WotLK posts among the forums to which they're applicable.

The next few days are going to be really busy, they always were after a major patch hit the PTR, but post volume will be down to more reasonable levels before you know it.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:00 am

Dorvan wrote:Really, these forums generally talk about the latest news that's relevant to Tankadins, whatever that may be. I see no reason to relegate WotLK to its own subforum instead of distributing WotLK posts among the forums to which they're applicable.

The next few days are going to be really busy, they always were after a major patch hit the PTR, but post volume will be down to more reasonable levels before you know it.

Point well made. Though thanks for the yes votes people :) Self-esteem boost! All Tankadins need it :P
d503

Return to General