Remove Advertisements

Collecting "Warrior" Tanking Gear Now?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Collecting "Warrior" Tanking Gear Now?

Postby Wapner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 am

If you were around for the TBC release you know that patch 2.0 was released and the talents were made available before the expansion actually came out. I can only assume the same will be true for patch 3.0 and WotLK.

To me this means that I should start collecting "Warrior" gear now, so that when it comes out, I can move 3 points into Touched by the Light and be ready to tank in that gear.

What do you guys think? Are you going to start building your gear sets early?
Wapner

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 am

We generally define "warrior" gear as having stats the benefit warriors much more than us, like agility and strength. A piece not having spell damage makes it a tanking piece, not necessarily a warrior piece.

Touched by the Light scales with stamina, and all tanking gear has stamina, so there's probably no reason to go out of your way to get "warrior" gear.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Wapner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:21 am

Well, it seems to me that if we have Touched by the Light available to us we can drop most or all of our spell damage and stack more avoidance and stamina in place of the spell damage currently on our gear, if we'd like to.

Like you said, there probably is no reason to go out of your way to completely regear for 3.0, but I don't think it would hurt to have a set ready to go, if you can gather it as you raid.
Wapner

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:25 am

It could possibly be a good idea to look into picking up a "Warrior" style tanking weapon.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:25 am

Wapner wrote:Well, it seems to me that if we have Touched by the Light available to us we can drop most or all of our spell damage and stack more avoidance and stamina in place of the spell damage currently on our gear, if we'd like to.

Like you said, there probably is no reason to go out of your way to completely regear for 3.0, but I don't think it would hurt to have a set ready to go, if you can gather it as you raid.

I suppose it depends on how you look at it. Personally, the only things I have with spell damage on them are my tier gear and weapon. I could swap out my shoulders for Supremus shoulders (have only stam and avoidance), and swap in my chest for the badge one...

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't know if too many pieces of gear fall into that category, but it might be worth looking into.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 am

Lore wrote:It could possibly be a good idea to look into picking up a "Warrior" style tanking weapon.

Maybe in wotlk i'll get the Unbreakable Will out of my bank for leveling
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 am

Worldie wrote:
Lore wrote:It could possibly be a good idea to look into picking up a "Warrior" style tanking weapon.

Maybe in wotlk i'll get the Unbreakable Will out of my bank for leveling
Brutalizer :D

I FINALLY GET TO TANK WITH AN AXE STUPID BLIZZ
Now make it look like something other than an oversized wrench please... >.>
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 am

UW > Brutalizer everywhere.

Just think, you have it on your back rather than on your size

PURE STYLE
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Targonis » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:06 pm

I have a Kings Defender in my bank waiting for WotLK... at least its something amirite?
Targonis

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:13 pm

Targonis wrote:I have a Kings Defender in my bank waiting for WotLK... at least its something amirite?

hehe, i have a sun eater.
Sharlos

Postby Mithos » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:42 pm

Unbreakable will for humans pwns, I get 5 expertise from it and all the mitigation stats <3.

What I'm wodnering though, what if we we're leveling as prot and used a 2 handed weapon for Hammer of the Righteous, thats like instant 3 way cleave. We wouldn't be able to shield slam, though.
Mithos

Postby QuantumDelta » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:46 pm

Mithos wrote:Unbreakable will for humans pwns, I get 5 expertise from it and all the mitigation stats <3.

What I'm wodnering though, what if we we're leveling as prot and used a 2 handed weapon for Hammer of the Righteous, thats like instant 3 way cleave. We wouldn't be able to shield slam, though.

Sigh at having stopped hyjal :<
wtb!
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Seloei » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:35 pm

hammer of righteous is a one handed weapon attack only.

Theres no point in going for "Warrior gear" because based on itemlevel, the blues locked to 75 are equal to SWP loot. Atleast based on the items which have been released.

Once it hits, you will quite probably be leveling up to 80 asap, so the extra pain you caused the warriors pre-wotlk will give you what? another set of items that you will shard/vendor soon?
Seloei

St

Postby djellum » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:18 am

Meh, ill try to pick up a weapon, but intended to do that anyway, just hasnt dropped when someone else could use it more than me.

if I find the standard St/AP style dmg super good in the xp ill just put on part of my ret set for the level, but I still think SD will be a huge help for us for solo and threat so im not worried about it.

djellum

Postby Valinora » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 am

I am seeing a lot of pics of platemail with spell power for WotLK stuff.

Will this stuff be for holy/healing?

I have seen a lot on here, as the OP subject, that pallys will be using warrior type tanking gear.

What about mana and intellect?

With all of the new skills, aren't these going to be using a lot of mana?

I am still only leveling up my pally and doing the lower TBC dungeons, but as is, I have to drink after each fight. I don't get healed enough to replenish my mana.

Will drinking after each fight still be the norm in WotLK?
Valinora

Next

Return to WotLK