Remove Advertisements

Illidan Stormrage doesn't know movement etiquette

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidan Stormrage doesn't know movement etiquette

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:34 am

I'm failing miserably at moving him >.>

1: I step back a good 3 or so steps.
result: He doesn't move OR he moves too much
2: I strafe just outside of his selection box.
result: he moves too muh and usually in an odd angle, resulting in more crazy repositioning.
3: I move into his selection box, to then turn around him and step back
result: see 1 or 2

>.> I also took a flame crash tick just as he enraged and gave me a good double blocked hit 12500, 4900 and 4900 damage taken all at once.

How do you guys move him at all? Mind you, I work at an average latency of 300. I simply fail at moving him >.> It's a bit like when you're tanking SH, step to the side and suddenly every mob decides to buttfuck you.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am

Yes he's a bit sneaky when moving.

You literally need to "practice" with him in order to learn to move him. Just you need to learn to handle his hitbox.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 am

"i'm tanking tomorrow, can't waste time"

/sigh

Thanks anyway. It does feel all I can do to get it right is doing it.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 am

His movement also depends heavily on what he's doing at the time. E.g., if he's casting, he'll just look at you funny, or if he's just about to crash or shear he'll sometimes do a wierd little hop-skip dance and end up at a really odd angle.

Sometimes I have to run in a wide circle then back in to get him to move a few feet.

I usually run around 200ms on a bad night too.

If your DPS isn't really, really slow, there's no reason not to use more space to make sure you're very far away from flame crashes.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:18 am

I tanked him for the first time last night and know exactly what you're talking about :)

fuzzygeek covered the why's. And what he said sounds like how I was handling it as well.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Illidan Stormrage doesn't know movement etiquette

Postby Loendoran » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote: It's a bit like when you're tanking SH, step to the side and suddenly every mob decides to buttfuck you.

This almost made me spit out my coffee... :lol:
Loendoran

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:07 pm

ultimately his position doesn't actually matter that much mate, it's only yours compared to the fires.
Don't sweat it too much if he isn't square with you and the raid (as long as no one is standing stupidly off to the sides).
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Maelstrom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:12 pm

I just move to the left (Or right, whatever direction your guild kites him around the circle) until I visibly see him start moving, it feels a bit silly but it gets you results :)
Maelstrom

Re: Illidan Stormrage doesn't know movement etiquette

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Loendoran wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote: It's a bit like when you're tanking SH, step to the side and suddenly every mob decides to buttfuck you.

This almost made me spit out my coffee... :lol:
At least you're alliance. Our orc rogues are sneaky.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Maelstrom wrote:I just move to the left (Or right, whatever direction your guild kites him around the circle) until I visibly see him start moving, it feels a bit silly but it gets you results :)

Despite my darling Tamzy's guide depicting people running the boss around the circular thing in the middle, I have always found it much better for our guild that he's taken toward the combat area entrance as much as possible so that the OTs have room and you get LOADs of room to deal with both demons and agonizing flames.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Maelstrom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 am

Ah I just take him around the circle for P1. For P3 onwards I drag him to the near the entrance for the demon phase o:

I find this works best for us as moving around in P1 arguably spawns the most flame crashes and thusly you need the most space to work in, the flame crashes have no bearing on where our P2 tanks go as I simply follow the outer circle that is so conveniently marked on the floor for you. The raid can stay stationary in the center so they have fixed places to run to for the parasite mages.

For P3/5 I take him towards the entrance since he only does 2 flame crashes per cycle so the room required is a lot less :)

Woops that was quite the derailment.

In anycase, keep yanking Illidan sideways until he's dead

<3
Maelstrom

Return to Black Temple