Remove Advertisements

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Chevalier wrote:When I tried to put it under my rules, nothing happened. Maybe too many ;?

Oh! I thought you put it in, and it wasn't announcing. Lol. Let me check the rule. I probably left out a semicolon. I was checking WWS reports and everything trying to figure out how it would be different. :P

I checked the rule, and nothing is wrong with it, but I, too, was unable to copy and paste it in. You'll have to type /tjh and input the parts manually (it's not too tough), but it does work. I'll point the developer to your post.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dimitry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:27 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Something for Blessing of Protection?

Hmm. For when anybody gains it? Or you cast it on someone? I don't know.

I'd use a rule for when I cast it on someone. I imagine this would be similar to the DI rule.
Dimitry

File format

Postby Dimitry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:22 pm

Ok, I took a look at the file format and if you want to copy and paste rules in, it's pretty simple.

The ThatJustHappened.lua saved variables file looks something like this:

Code: Select all
TJH_Rules = {
   "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Dimitry;;Holy Shield;;SELF;Shield Baby!", -- [1]
}
TJH_Options = {
   ["enabled"] = 1,
}

You can just add a new rule by adding a new line. The entire rule goes between the quotes. So after adding one of Modus's rules:

SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Dimitry;Avenging Wrath;;SELF;Wings popped

The file looks like this:

Code: Select all
TJH_Rules = {
   "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Dimitry;;Holy Shield;;SELF;Shield Baby!", -- [1]
   "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Dimitry;Avenging Wrath;;SELF;Wings popped", -- [2]
}
TJH_Options = {
   ["enabled"] = 1,
}

edit: oops

Anoteher edit: Make sure you close out of wow before you make changes to the files. If you work ion the file while the game is open, your changes will be overwritten.
Dimitry

Postby Cakes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 am

For Felmyst, DBM and Bigwigs typically track encapsulate whenever Felmyst changes targets, so it's slightly more difficult to track when the MT gets it.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;MAIN_TANK_NAME;Encapsulate;;RW;Encap on Main Tank

I think that should be right, just change it based on who the main tank is.
Cakes

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Something for Blessing of Protection?

Hmm. For when anybody gains it? Or you cast it on someone? I don't know.

Someone get's it.

Like that macro in the sticky:

Name has BoP, he can nuke on, but aggro comes back! Or something like that
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:20 am

For PvP I had something like Don't manaburn me bro or so. That was yelling for mana-burn. Did not matter if fokus or target did it (for them I have Addons now), but it always yelled if somebody used it.

It was epic win in 5 player arena.

Possible to have a rule?

The other: Taunt Happy Paladin is always getting my mobs in Hyjal (yes, we do go there also with 2 paladins. Boring as hell but works fast),

so is there a way to add a rule for our own kind of taunt?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:41 am

Cakes wrote:For Felmyst, DBM and Bigwigs typically track encapsulate whenever Felmyst changes targets, so it's slightly more difficult to track when the MT gets it.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;MAIN_TANK_NAME;Encapsulate;;RW;Encap on Main Tank

I think that should be right, just change it based on who the main tank is.

Added. Thanks :D

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:For PvP I had something like Don't manaburn me bro or so. That was yelling for mana-burn. Did not matter if fokus or target did it (for them I have Addons now), but it always yelled if somebody used it.

It was epic win in 5 player arena.

Possible to have a rule?

Done.

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:The other: Taunt Happy Paladin is always getting my mobs in Hyjal (yes, we do go there also with 2 paladins. Boring as hell but works fast),

so is there a way to add a rule for our own kind of taunt?

At first, I thought no, because it basically works like this in the combat log:
Paladin casts Righteous Defense on PlayerX.
Mob1 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
Mob2 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.
Mob3 is afflicted by Righteous Defense.

...but if you're wanting when he taunts off of you, we should be able to use that first line. Since he actually has to cast something on you to taunt, it should be fairly simple.
    /tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;;YourName;Righteous Defense;;Taunt off me again, !@#$%.

I'll add it to the list.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Re: File format

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:45 am

Dimitry wrote:<snip>

Thanks! That'll certainly help anyone who's wanting to input rules quickly.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am

Quick question:

In the last field I see you use *target, which I assume is the escape sequence for having the addon put the target's name. Is there a *targettarget perchance?

If so, then it might be possible to set up a global rule where you don't filter on the casters name (leave that part blank if allowed) and using *targettarget in the phrase.

It may not be possible, just tossing out ideas. If it worked, you wouldn't need a separate taunt rule for each tank.
jere

Postby Teyrocar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 am

You really only need a separate taunt rule if you're not a paladin anyway. Even the RD rule shouldn't report your own taunts, unless you're taunting off yourself. ;)

I use the taunt rules Modus listed in my topic, without the DruidName/WarriorName fields.
Teyrocar

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:58 am

jere wrote:Quick question:

In the last field I see you use *target, which I assume is the escape sequence for having the addon put the target's name. Is there a *targettarget perchance?

If so, then it might be possible to set up a global rule where you don't filter on the casters name (leave that part blank if allowed) and using *targettarget in the phrase.

It may not be possible, just tossing out ideas. If it worked, you wouldn't need a separate taunt rule for each tank.

Nope. The "target" is really only based on the combat log, so I don't think it could do that.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Jobalq » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:17 am

For Lay on Hands would be:

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Lay on Hands;self;PARTY;Lay on Hands used!

Just like the Last Stand/Shield Wall?
"Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword". - Joanadark.
Jobalq

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:33 am

Jobalq wrote:For Lay on Hands would be:

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Lay on Hands;self;PARTY;Lay on Hands used!

Just like the Last Stand/Shield Wall?

That would work if you have the Imp Lay on Hands that gives you a buff, but for the spell itself, it would be SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS. :) I'm going to add it, though.

EDIT: I added two, one that announces when anybody casts LoH, and one that announces only when you cast it, and how much it heals for. I also removed the "self" affiliation, and put PlayerName as the source. This is because I'm not sure if the "self" affiliation applies only to the source, or target, or both. Using "self", it may announce others' Lay on Hands cast on you as your own. Those two should work, but further testing couldn't hurt.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Racerover » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:23 am

Just an error I noticed.

/tjh SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Gathios the Shatterer;;Consecration;;SAY;Consecration laid.

You forgot to add "rule" after /tjh. It may confuse retards for up to 15min. (I may or may not have been one of those people)
Racerover

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am

Racerover wrote:Just an error I noticed.

/tjh SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Gathios the Shatterer;;Consecration;;SAY;Consecration laid.

You forgot to add "rule" after /tjh. It may confuse retards for up to 15min. (I may or may not have been one of those people)

Fixed. Thanks.
I rule.
moduspwnens

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros