Remove Advertisements

Moroes, Single Tanking

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Moroes, Single Tanking

Postby Dunkan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:13 pm

OK, like most pallies I have found it easy to tank Moroes and his crew with no CC. Thing is, I have an offtank to eat the gouges.

What, exactly, is the trick to solo tank them all? Something about turning your back to Moroes?
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Horde can play SoB routlette.

Alliance can use something like this http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13347
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Dunkan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Oooh, nice trinket.

Will grab it later.
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Mordinm » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:42 pm

Blessing of Sacrifice works after the first vanish. Just put on who ever is bleeding and the damage tick will break gouge. Moroes gouge works like a rouges though and you must be facing him in order for him to gouge you. So if your back is to Moroes he cannot gouge you.
Mordinm

Postby Dunkan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:46 pm

But if you turn your back, don't you get more damage?
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby samoa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:52 pm

I think thats whent he over gear comes in play!
samoa

Postby Mordinm » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 pm

Dunkan wrote:But if you turn your back, don't you get more damage?

You'll take tons more damage. You won't be able to block, dodge or parry and you'll you get crushed a lot. If you don't overgear kara by a lot turning you back to any boss probably isn't a good idea.
Mordinm

Postby Dunkan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:23 pm

Well, I think I over gear. But will grab the trinket just in case
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:03 pm

I usually turn my back on all the adds and moroes, running with two healers. This is an incredibly easy way to kill moroes, but you will take alot of damage. No blocks, dodges, parries, and plenty of crushes.

You can check my armory to see the gear level. I never really come in danger of dying, but my healers are part of our raid group as well typically.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Holyfuri
Holyfuri

Re: Moroes, Single Tanking

Postby Sparklemotion » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am

Dunkan wrote:OK, like most pallies I have found it easy to tank Moroes and his crew with no CC. Thing is, I have an offtank to eat the gouges.

What, exactly, is the trick to solo tank them all? Something about turning your back to Moroes?

I've never tried it myself but I was told his adds will break gouge as long as one is up. Is that true?
Sparklemotion

Postby Andurin » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:58 am

Sparklemotion wrote:
Dunkan wrote:OK, like most pallies I have found it easy to tank Moroes and his crew with no CC. Thing is, I have an offtank to eat the gouges.

I've never tried it myself but I was told his adds will break gouge as long as one is up. Is that true?

If they hit you, Yes. Damage breaks Gouge, simple as that :)
Andurin

Postby Holyfuri » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 am

Andurin wrote:
Sparklemotion wrote:

If they hit you, Yes. Damage breaks Gouge, simple as that :)

You have to be careful with this, however. The adds react very quickly. I have found that they rarely break the gouge for you because the immediately stop attacking once you are gouged. Personally, the only time they have broken my gouge is if they are in the middle of an ability like whirlwind that they cannot stop.
Holyfuri

Return to Karazhan