Remove Advertisements

sct alternatives

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

sct alternatives

Postby Naeldon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 am

Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sct alternatives. I don't mind sct but I'd like to see what else is out there before I settle on one particular mod. I tried EavesDrop but I didn't like it too much.

I'd prefer something displays around the characters (like sct and eaves) rather than in a chat window type thing. I know of MSBT and Parrot but I've not tried either of those two yet (going to give them a go tonight) although Parrot is rumoured to be a bit difficult to configure.
Naeldon
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 am

Mik's Scrolling Combat Text
Parrot

I like SCT better than Parrot, haven't tried Mik's. Maybe I'm just too lazy or uncreative to think of a good configuration.
I rule.
moduspwnens
Moderator
 
Posts: 6211
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:28 pm
Location: Shattered Hand

Re: sct alternatives

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:37 am

Naeldon wrote:Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sct alternatives. I don't mind sct but I'd like to see what else is out there before I settle on one particular mod. I tried EavesDrop but I didn't like it too much.

I'd prefer something displays around the characters (like sct and eaves) rather than in a chat window type thing. I know of MSBT and Parrot but I've not tried either of those two yet (going to give them a go tonight) although Parrot is rumoured to be a bit difficult to configure.


Uh ... Eavesdrop displays in a window.

Other than getting a HUD (which won't show damage in/out, textually), the only real options that you have are MSBT and Parrot.

Nothing's difficult to configure if you spend more than 30 seconds fiddling with it.
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Teyrocar » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:39 am

I personally like MSBT.
Image
Teyrocar
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:35 am
Location: Bloodhoof

Re: sct alternatives

Postby Naeldon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:51 am

Guillex wrote:
Naeldon wrote:Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sct alternatives. I don't mind sct but I'd like to see what else is out there before I settle on one particular mod. I tried EavesDrop but I didn't like it too much.

I'd prefer something displays around the characters (like sct and eaves) rather than in a chat window type thing. I know of MSBT and Parrot but I've not tried either of those two yet (going to give them a go tonight) although Parrot is rumoured to be a bit difficult to configure.


Uh ... Eavesdrop displays in a window.


Hence I said I didn't like it too much :p
Naeldon
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: sct alternatives

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:55 am

Naeldon wrote:
Guillex wrote:
Naeldon wrote:Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sct alternatives. I don't mind sct but I'd like to see what else is out there before I settle on one particular mod. I tried EavesDrop but I didn't like it too much.

I'd prefer something displays around the characters (like sct and eaves) rather than in a chat window type thing. I know of MSBT and Parrot but I've not tried either of those two yet (going to give them a go tonight) although Parrot is rumoured to be a bit difficult to configure.


Uh ... Eavesdrop displays in a window.


Hence I said I didn't like it too much :p


You also said that Eavesdrop displays around the character, which was a no-no. :P
Póg mo thóin
Image
User avatar
guillex
Moderator
 
Posts: 7490
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Postby Naeldon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:07 am

I never said that! Damned lies!

:oops:

Touche. What I meant was when I loaded Eaves, it did put it into a window, but it put the window on my character (I know I could move it but still).

Incidentally, when I read about Parrot it said it belts out Monty Python quotes when someone dies. Not sure if that's a wind up or not, but I not sure I want John Cleese screaming "THIS IS AN EX-PARROT" while I'm in the middle of a battle.
Naeldon
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Postby Levantine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 am

It does no such thing as far as I am aware. I don't use an SCT these days, but it never ever did that.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Naeldon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am

Thank fuck for that.

I'll try and find where it said it. It wasn't any official readme so I assume it was just something for shits and giggles, but as much as I like John Cleese that would be horrific.
Naeldon
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Postby Naeldon » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:28 am

http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=3109

Actually I think I might have exaggerated the sound effect bit since it doesn't actually say it does that. Obviously although it's the same name, it's the wrong mod.
Naeldon
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm


Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest