Remove Advertisements

ZA Looting System

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

ZA Looting System

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:16 am

What type of loot system do you use in ZA? We Master Loot everything, but this past week we beat 2 timers for the first time. What we do is down boss and dont loot and head to next boss fast. So we didn't make the 3rd timer. We go back to Bear boss and HES GONE. WOW admins couldn't do anything about it, didn't even want to escalate it for us.

I heard some guilds just use group loot on everything, is this what you all do?
towelliee

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:23 am

Well, my guild doesn't really need anything from the bosses so meh @ them.
But before, we'd just group loot, and the moment the boss was down, everyone would head out. Enchanters would greed everything, whoever had it as a mainspec upgrade would need it and to hell with dkp.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Derbish » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:30 am

We don't really need anything out of there, so we need for main and off spec and greed for DE. If you still have upgrades out of there, and want the timers, need for main spec, greed for off spec and ignore void crystals (do you really need them?). If you hurry when you're done, the corpses may still be there when you get back. We do grab badges.

Don't worry about rescuing the prisoners until you're done as you have plenty of time to go back and get them all after the timer is done.
Derbish

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:38 am

Derbish wrote:Don't worry about rescuing the prisoners until you're done as you have plenty of time to go back and get them all after the timer is done.

This.
You can dart from boss to boss till the very end with no issues or loss on timed chests.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:54 am

We didn't lose the chest we lost the ACTUAL boss lol.
towelliee

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:56 am

towelliee wrote:We didn't lose the chest we lost the ACTUAL boss lol.
I know you meant the boss corpse. We're just adding that you don't have to stop for the chests.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:42 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
towelliee wrote:We didn't lose the chest we lost the ACTUAL boss lol.
I know you meant the boss corpse. We're just adding that you don't have to stop for the chests.

makes sense to do a standard roll if you trust everyone, then you can come back for the chests after your done with timers. Kill boss need/greed/pass and move on. Of course we dont do it that way but /sigh
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 am

We still master loot our way for zul'jin and malacrass, since there's no hurry. They still drop good upgrades (QQ GIMME THAT TRINKET) and, while they cost 0 dkp, they are bid on to decide the winner.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 am

Group loot.

Disenchanter always rolls greed. Need if you need it, pass if you don't. Bring people you trust to not be asshats over a purple.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Ashmadai » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 am

We just use group, need for upgrades, greed for disenchant. We did master loot one week and got a bear, thinking the corpses would still be there, but Eagle and Bear both despawned. Their loot sucks anyway, but still.
Ashmadai

Postby Exalt » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am

Hell, we use group loot for hyjal because of this sort of issue.

Group loot ftw in ZA b/c of timers

Don't bring retards and make the loot rules clear before you start ringing the gong. Don't start the run until EVERYONE has confirmed that they understand.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:45 pm

group loot. period.

I always roll greed for disenchant.

I tell everyone before we even kill the gong boss to need if you want it at all, beacuse I am greeding everything for DE. Boss dies, loot your badges, and mount up.
Holyfuri

Postby Petrus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:24 pm

I'm usually masterlooter in our ZAs (since pretty much everyone still needs upgrades from all bosses) and we just have everyone else run up and the other tank start trash if there's any long discussion on things, then I catch up. It tends to just be "Okay, it's our (fourth, fifth) (Amani Punisher, Mask of Introspection, Executioner enchant), does ANYONE want it anymore? Mk, disenchanting." If it's something someone wants, we roll quickly, get it over with, keep going.

I'm not kidding, either - we've only gotten one non-Mask of Introspection loot from Bear (robes), had four Amani Punishers and five non-Amani Punishers (dps chest, two shaman helms, sword, neck), and six of our nine Eagle kills had Executioner. Random loot is random, but for us, random has been pretty steady.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:51 pm

If your going for boxes then you quite probably know the other 9 people who are coming with you and they are not asshats and know what they are doing. Assuming they are decent people and not ninjas, why not use group loot on the first 4 bosses, where you greed for offspec, need for mainspec. Ask if you can need/greed if unsure.

The only boss that despawned on us is Eagle on group loot. We have finished the runs with 12-4 minutes left and bear boss has always been there when we went back for the boxes.

Masterloot if you don't trust the people in your raid and lose ~1 minute per boss due to loot distribution.
Seloei

Postby Diocaska » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:53 am

Mortehl wrote:Group loot.

Disenchanter always rolls greed. Need if you need it, pass if you don't. Bring people you trust to not be asshats over a purple.

This!

We had the caster ring drop off the first boss. Everyone passes, boss despawned. GMs (from my experience) won't give you the item if you indicate that you lost the item through neglect (i.e. just left the item and carried on with the timed run).

So just get a group you trust. What we do is Need if you want for main spec. Greed if you want it for offspec. Pass if you don't want it. We don't care for losing a few voids.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Return to Zul'aman