Progression in Hyjal or...

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby kensanity » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 pm

jere wrote:Well, honestly, while I agree that you don't want to stop progression over them, the majority of the guilds that skip them rarely go back for more than a couple attempts until they get bored trying to learn them again.

I was against skipping them altogether and wanted to spend some time on them while we tried MH and BT. The decision was made to skip them and come back later (which we never have really). I regret having skipped them and feel kinda cheated. I have even thought about taking a "guild vacation" in order to get some time in on them just to get them down and experience the fights in full, but I doubt I would ever leave my guild, even for that.

I think it is a mistake to skip them totally. They are good fights for teaching coordination, communication, and even just plain old skill and teamwork.

Is it true that if you do not complete the vials of eternity questm you cannot pick up the quest for the rep ring with scale of the sand? if so, thats just one considerable reason for your guild to go back and kill those two bosses.
kensanity

Postby Arcand » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:43 pm

Then again, you can rack up SotS rep before getting the quest, so again it doesn't hurt you to take a Hyjal break and then go back to Vashj and Kael'Thas with your raiding batteries recharged.

And some gear upgrades.
Arcand

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:07 pm

I've regreted skipping kael + vashj a lot... and even tho we sometimes do "alt run TK"s on offnights, we will never go back to kill kael or vashj.

As for the OP. Skipping kael and vashj and diving into t6 will make for a lot of happy raiders unless you have members that fail the basic raiding rule of "Don't stand in the fire".

I'd suggest getting A'lar down (his not that hard with decent tanks) first.

A'lar -> Anatheron -> Najentus/Supremus/Shade -> Kaz'rogal. Then go back and finish off Kael and Vashj.

Most guild who skip kael and vashj and dive deep into t6 content never go back. The badge loot is superior to t5 content drops (most of it) so there is not much reason to go there, but the neck quest from Kael is insane and the healing mace from Vashj is the best ingame (pre kil'jaeden, equal to Illidan's)
Seloei

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 am

Thanks for all the posts.

Last night we got A'lar down so in term of progression, we are now 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK.

I guess we are going to go for Anetheron as our next target. We definatly wanna go back for Vashj and Kael, at least for the Hyjal ring but I think we are gonna go for 3 or 4 /5 in Hyjal and maybe 3/9 in BT.

The "problem" that I have with my guild is that I started the guild May 25 and in less than 2 months we got to where we are now (5/6 ssc, 3/4 tk, 1/5 MH) so people are used to progress quickly and I know some people may give up when we cannot down a new boss in 1-2 nights. So I'm trying to go in order of difficulty.
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Thanks for all the posts.

Last night we got A'lar down so in term of progression, we are now 5/6 SSC and 3/4 TK.

I guess we are going to go for Anetheron as our next target. We definatly wanna go back for Vashj and Kael, at least for the Hyjal ring but I think we are gonna go for 3 or 4 /5 in Hyjal and maybe 3/9 in BT.

The "problem" that I have with my guild is that I started the guild May 25 and in less than 2 months we got to where we are now (5/6 ssc, 3/4 tk, 1/5 MH) so people are used to progress quickly and I know some people may give up when we cannot down a new boss in 1-2 nights. So I'm trying to go in order of difficulty.

I would keep pushing to go back after you get gear from some of the easier T6 bosses. As I said in my post earlier, we were able to learn and defeat both vashj and kael in three raid nights, with clearing the relevant trash and bosses to allow repeated attempts. It just takes focus and coordination. It can be done, and the gear from T6 makes it easier.
Holyfuri

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:50 pm

Well this was too fun.

We decided to have 1 full night in Hyjal for the progression.
Rage was already on farming.
1 shotted Rage, Anetheron, Azgalor and Kazrogal... Such a joke
I guess it's time to go back on Lady Vashj or should we go after the 3 first bosses in BT?
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby Seloei » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:47 pm

You should set a night for Vashj/Kael attempts each week, and if people start skipping it, it will during the next raid day. Do both.

MH on one day, BT on the second day, Vashj or Kael on the third day.

Thats assuming you raid atleast 3 times a week.

The first 3 bosses in bt are quite easy to learn and kill, Akama... is just fast trash killing... You can try those, but if you go too deep, you will not want to go back to kael and vashj at all.
Seloei

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal