Buttanking Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cosmoz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:21 pm

dno, I usualy just pull them and glide in between moroes and all the others. retri aura, consencration and holy shiled to keep agro on all while beating on the killing targets, to keep agro on 100% of all mobs during the raid. moroes gows down last in my raid, and by then, consencration has done a lot of damage, and the only thing Ido after that is turn around for a 0,0001 sec to fire exo on him befor I buttank him again. never lost agro on him, so it should not be a problem.
Cosmoz

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:33 am

You do know that you can just sit inside moroes hitbox and it's not THAT hard to find so you hit him, get your avoidance and he still hits the other melee with a gouge?

Pull him with a frisbee, he blitzez to you, move a few steps forward when he arrives, wam. You've got him behind you and the 4 adds infront of you. Backup carefully so you see parry/miss/dodge spam and can hit him but he is still behind you. If you go too far, walk a step forward.

After first vanish, keep the adds facing the raid and your back to the raid. Then rince and repeat.

No spikey "no avoidance" damage intake, no gouges on you and you can build normal threat not just aoe threat on him.

The trick is standing on his "toes" since he has a bigger than usual hit box and you can hit him but he still considers you to be with your back to him, and gouge is a frontal attack.
Seloei

Postby BubbaBill » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:22 am

Seloei wrote:You do know that you can just sit inside moroes hitbox and it's not THAT hard to find so you hit him, get your avoidance and he still hits the other melee with a gouge?

Pull him with a frisbee, he blitzez to you, move a few steps forward when he arrives, wam. You've got him behind you and the 4 adds infront of you. Backup carefully so you see parry/miss/dodge spam and can hit him but he is still behind you. If you go too far, walk a step forward.

After first vanish, keep the adds facing the raid and your back to the raid. Then rince and repeat.

No spikey "no avoidance" damage intake, no gouges on you and you can build normal threat not just aoe threat on him.

The trick is standing on his "toes" since he has a bigger than usual hit box and you can hit him but he still considers you to be with your back to him, and gouge is a frontal attack.

This works? I've never really tried this as such. I just find usually if I get to close to the mob in this fashion it will move to reposition itself properly.
BubbaBill

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:56 am

BubbaBill wrote:
Seloei wrote:You do know that you can just sit inside moroes hitbox and it's not THAT hard to find so you hit him, get your avoidance and he still hits the other melee with a gouge?

This works? I've never really tried this as such. I just find usually if I get to close to the mob in this fashion it will move to reposition itself properly.
I know it works with bear tanks.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Meatydog » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:19 pm

Today was my first time in a actual kara run and we pugged it.

When we got to moroes we took out all the adds minus the lords and ladies.

We chained the ladies and beat the lords, the whole time i am OT moroes. Noone mentioned anything to me about this gouge stuff and from what i know of i didnt get gouged. And amazingly the druid tank tried his hardest to get aggro from me but since i was doing quite dandy with moroes i pushed harder and kept the lead by a few 10k threat. We burnt him down in 1min 33sec. not sure if thats good for a pug group that is mostly kara geared.

overall id have to say that he was the most fun to take down, even though he didnt drop anything for me.
Meatydog

Previous

Return to Karazhan