Remove Advertisements

How many tanks does your guild use?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Sayka » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:51 am

Me and a dps Feral Druid.
If possible in Karazhan I tank everything alone, the Druid has poor tanking gear (I have more health than him, when he's a Bear)
I'm MT and Raidleader
We're a small guild
Rwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwlrwl!
Sayka

Postby Garstone » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:08 am

Im MT and RL for our second Kara group

Our tanking corps consists of:

GM = Prot Warrior when needed, otherwise he is arms
Me = Pretty much only tankadin
2 DPS wars that spec prot when needed
1 Tankadin that is main shadow priests alt

We have a couple feral druids that tank when they absolutely need to

But we're a small guild on a pretty much dead server
Garstone

Postby Ownopotamus » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:18 am

Every raid I bring the following:

2 Prot Warriors
1 Prot Paladin
1 Feral Druid (in cat form most of the time)
Ownopotamus

Postby kedalic » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:22 am

Prot warrior, Prot paladin, 2 ferals. Normally a DPS warrior as well, and 2 prot warriors on standby for off nights if a feral can't make it...
kedalic

Postby Saraphina » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:25 am

2-3 Prot warriors
1 Feral
Me

We have more tanks than this but not usually more than this in raid.
Saraphina

Postby Shai » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:14 am

Sabindeus wrote:Are we talking about a 10 man raid or a 25 man raid?

Any form of raid, but would be nice if you specified which if it is not clear from the post.
Shai

Postby Zindra » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:20 am

We have:
3 or 4 prot Warriors
2 feral druids
2 dps warriors (with tank gear)
Sadly, no pally tanks.
&%$^&*%$*O^&*%$#@

But I am working hard correcting that. It sucks that the druids and sp warriors are asked to tank more than a holy prot pally. And it irks me even more when I am full prot on my pally and do guild 5mans and whatnot that people say they like pally tanks yadda yadda yadda, yet where is the presence of a pally tank in raids? Hopefully that will change in time.
Zindra

Postby Mortehl » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 am

3 Prot Warriors
1 Prot Paladin
1-2 Feral Druids
1 Fury Warrior

We're a conservative bunch in that we stack ourselves defensively during the learning curve stage .. For example, we cut it close with extra tanks on Void Reaver the first couple nights and didn't have enough DPS, then we brought both feral kitties and dropped down to 2 prot warriors..

As an FYI, I'm the only tank who is in every raid, by request of the DPS, hehe
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 pm

We have tanking for us currently:
2 Prot Warriors
2 Feral Druids
1 Prot Paladin (we have another but he's on vacation right now)

For any given Karazhan raid, we take two of those.

For any given 25 man raid, we take all of them.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Ardaic » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:30 pm

:: shrugs :: We're still getting ready for Kara, but our prot warrior recently went dps for arenas, so current total for KoD:

1 prot pally

Trying to get a prot warrior in for Kara runs - sometimes, they just come in handy ;-)
Ardaic

Postby benias » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:58 pm

we have:

2 Prot Warriors
2 Feralz
1 Prot Pally

We generally bring 1 Prot warrior along with both kitties and myself. However with a kitty and prot missing this past week we have depended on Jaydin (prot pally from a smaller guild) to help us out.
I dont really see a need for more then 2 prot warriors in the raid seeing how their dps is about as awefull as ours is. However we give melee health back and casters mana so in my book we win. Not to mention the 30% aggro reduction, kings, etc.....
It is ironic to note that the people who hate the prot pally the most are other utility classes that are jealous that they are "stuck" playing one spec or warriors who are threatened. Nothing more amusing then having tanking discussions with my uncle (our MT) about gear choices and stuff. The more he finds out about our abilities, the more he wonders why the hell he is brought to raids.
benias

Postby Semisane » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:32 am

2 prot warriors
1 Feral druid
Me (Almost)

The guild recently asked me if i would be interested in being the guild tankadin. Still working on gear tho.
Semisane

Postby Drfeelgood » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:44 am

Questioner wrote:2 prot warriors
2 dps warriors
1 feral druid
1 holy paladin

For 25 mans, have yet to be able to bring them around, and I am also a great healer, of which we have few, so....

(Yes, I've been called on to tank more times as holy than as prot.)

I'm in a very similar situation. I'm holy most of the time because 1. I like healing 2. I like doing arenas and prot isn't viable basically at all (especially when going with my friends who like to win) and 3. because I'm generally needed as holy in raids. I'm one of 3 holy paladins in the guild and recruitment isn't really open. The three of us are generally at every raid and if any of us miss one, it's a rough night (one of the other pallys is GM/RL).

I carry my tanking gear everywhere with me (3 16 slot bags full of gear, I know I'm preaching to the choir on this one). Our 25 mans usually feature 2 prot warriors, 1 geared out feral (she has both great tanking and kitty gear, great to have around), and then 2-3 dps warriors+me as possible offtanks. I offer to tank at every opportunity but it's usually the dps warriors that get called in because "i'd rather have you healing." Of course.

The worst part for me is our dkp system. It really inhibits my ability to gear up either spec effectively because there are min/max prices on every piece of gear. If nobody bids on it, it gets DE, no greeds or offspec lowered prices. So I end up bidding min on all tanking drops just so I can keep up in gear and as a result, I'm wearing 2 pieces of SSC healing gear after 2 months and 5/6 bosses down (yes, we suck at Vashj). We even stopped doing mag before I could get the ring or the chest so all of my healing gear is pre-kara+kara+heroics except helm and boots.
Drfeelgood

Postby eia » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:38 am

Ardaic wrote:Trying to get a prot warrior in for Kara runs - sometimes, they just come in handy ;-)

For Kara, my fav OT is a feral druid. If we need more healing for a boss, I go healing. If we need more dps, he goes kitty. With a warrior, if we only need 1 tank, I go healing. >.>
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Belarkan » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:22 am

Drfeelgood wrote:The worst part for me is our dkp system. It really inhibits my ability to gear up either spec effectively because there are min/max prices on every piece of gear. If nobody bids on it, it gets DE, no greeds or offspec lowered prices. So I end up bidding min on all tanking drops just so I can keep up in gear and as a result, I'm wearing 2 pieces of SSC healing gear after 2 months and 5/6 bosses down (yes, we suck at Vashj). We even stopped doing mag before I could get the ring or the chest so all of my healing gear is pre-kara+kara+heroics except helm and boots.

This is really sad one can't build an offspec set.
DE should get dkp so at some points it'll lower the prices.
Belarkan

PreviousNext

Return to General