Solarian Astromancer Issues - The BOMB

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Solarian Astromancer Issues - The BOMB

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:23 am

We had our first 2 nights of attempts on Solarian this is what we have done thus far and gottin her only to 50% ish.

Tanks - 4 of us. 1 Tankadin and 3 warriors one being Fury. All Warriors intercept in to keep her in place. We have a set taunt rotation. After about 5 seconds I ask that all Bloodlust are popped in all groups and all warriors pop Recklessness. We get her down to about 75% ish little less.

Phase 2 starts and we get the adds down fine. We had little melee so healers took bit but didn't heal Solarian for more then like 2%. DPS Continues.

Our problem is the BOMB people some know what their doing some don't. One melee got all tanks killed except for me (bubble for the win). Same kept happening by ranged. Some raid members complained about not knowing when they are the Bomb even when we yell their name or the raid chat spams the persons name.

Now I know boss mods puts a Skull on someones head and mod makes your screen glow or whatnot.

Did anyone else have problems with their melee being the bomb? I actually in one attempt had the melee stay in the ranged until Phase 2 but she didn't go down as fast. Should these people be replaced? I know this is our issue as we are all in badge gear from SWP and we are not getting hit worth a damn from both her magic and melee hits.
towelliee

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:27 am

That strat really sounds like overly complicated. Why would you need more than one tank on solarian? It's you for aoe, and whoever with interrupts on priests(typically the tank). There is no trick to the bomb, just RUN THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE RAID! Whoever doesn't have the attention span to see their screen glowing, people yelling at them and the big skull up their face doesn't deserve to raid.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:35 am

There is a mod called Solarian Alarm or something that might help the people having a hard time realizing when they have the bomb.

Don't get too discouraged though. Most people only screw up being the bomb once and wipe the raid before they don't do it again. Hopefully your raid is filled with "most people" and not those "other" people. It takes a raid or two for everyone to have their turn making dumb mistakes.

For those "other" people, Solarian Alarm (or whatever it's called) will probably help. It colors your screen funny or something so it's painfully obvious you need to run away.

Other things that might help is to have the ranged and healing piled up and set a general direction for bombed people to go, like "Left". That way people don't need to "think" and "look around" and can just blindly follow instruction when their screen blinks funny colors at them.

/sigh
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:39 am

inthedrops wrote:There is a mod called Solarian Alarm or something that might help the people having a hard time realizing when they have the bomb.

That's the one. SolarianAlarm. Works wonders

inthedrops wrote:Don't get too discouraged though. Most people only screw up being the bomb once and wipe the raid before they don't do it again. Hopefully your raid is filled with "most people" and not those "other" people. It takes a raid or two for everyone to have their turn making dumb mistakes.

When we started Solarian, we wiped twice. Invis got mad and had everyone ... EVERYONE ... install SolarianAlarm. Nice thing about the mod is that you can do a check for people who have it installed or not.

We didn't continue attempts on her until all 25 of us had it installed.

inthedrops wrote:For those "other" people, Solarian Alarm (or whatever it's called) will probably help. It colors your screen funny or something so it's painfully obvious you need to run away.

Just have everyone get it. See above.

inthedrops wrote:Other things that might help is to have the ranged and healing piled up and set a general direction for bombed people to go, like "Left". That way people don't need to "think" and "look around" and can just blindly follow instruction when their screen blinks funny colors at them.

/sigh

Everyone should be piled up anyways. Melee group at her feet, ranged/healers a few yards away, but not much.

It's not a spread out fight a la Lootreaver ... Just run when you have the bomb, kill adds, then loot the big void walker.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:44 am

BigWigs with the "flash 'n shake" options enabled works nicely too. You'd have to be really, really oblivious to miss the warning it gives you when you get the bomb.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:47 am

inthedrops wrote:Other things that might help is to have the ranged and healing piled up and set a general direction for bombed people to go, like "Left". That way people don't need to "think" and "look around" and can just blindly follow instruction when their screen blinks funny colors at them.

/sigh
Piling up is mandatory but...

If you want to give people a direction here, "forward" is more than enough for melee, and "away" is more than enough for ranged(forward probably works for ranged too, i don't remember the bomb timer). We tried "go to your left" once, and found out the wipy way that women sometimes just don't know left from right without first finding a reference, but I've never thought it'd be bad to the point they'd simply fumble one with the other and not really move for time enough for the bomb to explode.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to Tempest Keep