Remove Advertisements

Hexlord Glitch/Bug?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Hexlord Glitch/Bug?

Postby towelliee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:13 am

So after our TK run last night I joined a Pug ZA since we been working hard on 25 man content. We downed the first 4 bosses with ease n under about hour and some change. All of a sudden we hit the Hexlord.

2 hunters one being raid leader told everyone to stay outside the door. At first I was thinking maybe this is some ub3r strat used. Then all of a sudden the hunter runs in with the other hunter I am LAUGHING MY BUTT off cause I thought they were just trying to be funny. All a sudden the door to Hexlord closes and opens really fast like 2 times. Then everyone went in and waited and boom there was Hexlord...BUT WITH NO ADDS. JUST HIM. I was like "Ummmm what in gods name is going on."

I mean we pwned him in like a few minutes but is this a strat used by many guilds in wow to by pass the adds. HELL I don't even know what the hunters did I was just outside dancing thinking it was all fun and games.
towelliee

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:19 am

I've heard of the strat. Not sure exactly how it works, but I don't really care to ever use it, I just know that it involves feigning/dying and aggro'ing Hex Lord before any adds spawn (via trap). My last ZA we were able to two-heal Hex Lord with killing all of the adds without problems, so I wouldn't risk getting banned using an exploit like that. Not sure you'd get in any trouble or not, but those hunters sure could.
Eaglestrike

Postby Frickit » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:33 am

its retarded. hunter runs in and feigns. party is outside of doors. hunter places trap and waits for hexlord to pop. when he pops and gets hit with the trap the hunter feigns again. when he pops again he will be minus adds. if its done right.

Its retarded because the adds are easy. As a guild we've downed him but my ten man group has some scrubs in it so I have yet to clear za myself. We has many attempts and everytime we got the adds down fine. We finally tried the trick to get loot and go to bed and at least say we've killed the bastard. He kicked our ass just the same as he did when we killed the adds ourselves. Dont even bother with it imo.

we also sat there like jerkoffs for 20 mins while the hunters tried to get it right. I hate exploits and if im leading the raid I wont even do the gauntlet trick which really isnt an exploit its just targeting the tempest from another angle. I still dont like it.
Frickit

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Using bugs and exploits to beat an encounter is a bannable offence. Just do it like it was supposed to be done. The fight itself is not that hard and the adds are quite easy to down/cc.
Seloei

Postby kensanity » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:20 pm

if you cannot down hex lord with the adds, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, it means that your group is incapable of putting out enough dps fast enough to down Hex. NOT THAT YOUR HEALERS or CC'ers are not doing their job.

That said, if you find dps lacking in an undergeared group, perhaps buggin the fight is the only way to defeat hex lord.

AND, as has been stated, is a bannable offense.
kensanity

Postby lusisia » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:18 am

kensanity wrote:if you cannot down hex lord with the adds, MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, it means that your group is incapable of putting out enough dps fast enough to down Hex. NOT THAT YOUR HEALERS or CC'ers are not doing their job.

That said, if you find dps lacking in an undergeared group, perhaps buggin the fight is the only way to defeat hex lord.

AND, as has been stated, is a bannable offense.

Yeah. I agree totally. It doesn't matter now anyway since it's been fixed.

The pally tanking last night on our "learning" run wanted to do this and even gave it a shot (despite my protests) and it didn't work. I brought up the same point. If we can't do it with the adds, we sure as shit can't do it without. We've got the controlling of the adds down just fine. The only thing the "exploit" would have bought us was more time to dps right on Hex Lord.

OUR problem is dealing with his siphoned skills. We didn't have a mage but we had a druid so when he stole lifebloom, we were fucked. We couldn't spellsteal it.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby towelliee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 am

I heard it still works was t in patch noted for the most recent release?
towelliee

Postby Ashmadai » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:41 am

OUR problem is dealing with his siphoned skills. We didn't have a mage but we had a druid so when he stole lifebloom, we were fucked. We couldn't spellsteal it.

Arcane shot
Purge
Dispel
Warlock Fel puppy

All those things can and will get rid of Lifebloom, Thorns, Avenging Wrath, and anything else HLM will steal from you and put on himself. I do him without a mage the majority of the time, though having a mage to spellsteal Pally wings makes the fight a lot faster. =)
Ashmadai

Postby Mordinm » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:16 pm

Ashmadai wrote:

Arcane shot
Purge
Dispel
Warlock Fel puppy

All those things can and will get rid of Lifebloom, Thorns, Avenging Wrath, and anything else HLM will steal from you and put on himself. I do him without a mage the majority of the time, though having a mage to spellsteal Pally wings makes the fight a lot faster. =)

The problem being that none of those dispells will stop the lifebloom from Blooming. As I understand it spell steal is the only way to stop him from healing if he gets a druid. If you have no mage you just have to get MS or wounding poison up and kick up the dps.
Mordinm

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Mordinm wrote:
Ashmadai wrote:

Arcane shot
Purge
Dispel
Warlock Fel puppy

The problem being that none of those dispells will stop the lifebloom from Blooming. As I understand it spell steal is the only way to stop him from healing if he gets a druid. If you have no mage you just have to get MS or wounding poison up and kick up the dps.
yar. lifebloom heals him for like 10k if you dispel it instead of stealing.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Ashmadai wrote:All those things can and will get rid of Lifebloom, Thorns, Avenging Wrath, and anything else HLM will steal from you and put on himself. I do him without a mage the majority of the time, though having a mage to spellsteal Pally wings makes the fight a lot faster. =)

Thorns isn't a magical effect when he steals it =(
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Return to Zul'aman