Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:14 am

My "test" (for how unreliable threat meters can be) was showing me at 100% and some mages at 125%, if RF didn't affect SA, they would have overaggroed.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morendin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 am

does omen calculate SA as .9 TPM, then? if so, that does indeed prove it
Morendin

Postby Atreidies » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:38 am

Morendin wrote:does omen calculate SA as .9 TPM, then? if so, that does indeed prove it

That wouldn't prove anything other than Omen using an unproven method of calculation.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Morendin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:14 pm

it would prove it because if omen already assumes it's .9 threat per mana, and it's actually .5 threat per mana, given that SA tends to do about 10% of threat in sunwell per the threat 2.0(omen) library math, worldie would have actually been generating only 95% of the threat omen showed...in other words, the 125% mages would have actually been slightly over 130%, and even allowing for error, would have inevitably spiked over 130% and gotten a face full of pit lord
Morendin

Postby Rhivath » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Update to previous post:

So after continually dying to Brut at random moments (well, during Stomp) and the guild saying "sit out, we're going to try a Druid"... yeah I was pissed. After them wiping the same amount without me in there, decided to give me another try since my TPS is so high.

First time I'm back in... 15%. That night we got him to 2%, and tonight was first time back on him since Sunday, first try my TAUNT RESISTED and it caused a wipe :( ... second time... our first kill of him :)

He enraged at 2% and our DPS managed to finish him off with only 1 healer and 2 dps alive (2 shaman that ankh'd up + druid).

Just wanted to make a little post to say I'm grateful for the help from this forum, and will probably make a post about Felmsyt soon if the guild thinks I'm screwing up again :P
Rhivath - Alliance Paladin of Silver Hand
And many many alts!
Rhivath

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:00 pm

If you are the starting tank (and you should be, avenging wrath pew pew), you'll not be the one tanking when he enrages.

When the 2nd tank taunts off you for the last time, run away, as far away as you can. You'll buy 10+ seconds for your raid to kill him.

On one of our kills i menaged to buy us 24 seconds with just running away, bubbling when he was close, waiting until he got to 1st one in threat list, cancelling bubble, and dying.

Glorious death it is!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:51 am

I did actually switch guild a few weeks back (old one died from slack etc, anyway...) and we merged the tactics we had for Brut, seems to work well.

They used (and still use) a funny taunt rotation which I was very sceptical about, but it seems to actually work nicely.

I start tanking (AW pew pew), then the other tank taunts off me on the first stomp which is after the SECOND slash. So I only eat the first 2 slashes. We then taunt after 3 slashes each as normal.

The advantage is that a lot more of the stomps fall on slashes where you need to taunt, so can be avoided. I did not used to be a fan of purposely avoiding stomps as it resulted in healers stopping healing a bit early or late and killing one of the tanks, but it has not been a problem here. The taunts are always quick.

Bit random but as I start tanking, I am actually tanking when he enrages due to the initial taunt after only 2 slashes (if I am fast I can bubble before he gibs me and taunt back for 3 seconds).
Mithos

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:19 am

Some more fun note with 40/21, yesterday i menaged to get a holy paladin in tank group so i could go with sanctity.

Now, that was quite fun, i was bouncing at 1800+ substained TPS, often going over 2k, with 4k peaks with wings... srs business.

Altho we had craptons of taunt resists, nerf RNF :s

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Imbur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Having trouble tanking brut. I have the best gear up to twins raiding can buy, excluding illidans shield. i have 2 t6 sets one gemmed for stam one for dodge. i come at brut with about 20k hp and 42% dodge. i cant get my hp higher though without totally nerfing my dodge and he ends up killing me at 20% or less. im using pocketwatch and insignia faceplate kazrogals heart felstrength and stalwart protector. t6 shoulder bracer glove belt. tide stomper tome of the lightbringer warrior badge chest. wtf
Imbur

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:35 pm

Telling us how you die would be better.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:41 pm

42% dodge won't help if you only have 20k HP buffed. Your first non-dodge streak will be your last.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Imbur » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah thats how I die too... streak of hits after a stomp or something. I was missing a scroll and some runes at the time, as well as nightmare seeds. I think im going to try again in a few minutes, and I got that stuff. Im going to nerf my dodge to break 21k hp though
Imbur

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:54 pm

You absolutely need 21k HP, else you just won't survive 3 hits in a row. Noone can survive 4 except a shieldwalled warrior.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 am

Alright im preety much desperate here for the moment , my guild has been trying brutallus for some time , and I am sitting out for him , I once went for a full night on your very first night there and since then they have went with a druid , stating that he is better

Now could anyone help me make a good argument as to why paladins would be better tanks for this fight?
Io.Draco

Postby Atreidies » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:50 am

Io.Draco wrote:Now could anyone help me make a good argument as to why paladins would be better tanks for this fight?

Stomp debuff hurts a druid more than any other tank. Armor reduction by a % will kill their whole appeal as a tank since they will lose a MUCH higher % of DR than a war/pally will.

Crazy threat immediately following a taunt, assuming you're lucky you get wicked holy shield threat until you block 3 or 4 in a row and bite it.

Druids uhh... Something. Realistically I don't think this is a fight where a specific class wins, Shield Wall can save the day if it's pre-emptive, but really not going to do much if you use it reactively. It's about gear and the healer's switching tanks correctly and upranking on the tanks during Stomp.

He just hits so damn hard and fast that our AD will likely never help us, Last Stand/Shield wall almost have to be used before you know you'll die, and 75% DR on a bear doesn't mean jack shit when they get Stomp and have far less mitigation than either of the other tanks for that period. I don't see a particularly swell reason to choose one tank over the other based on class for this.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau