Remove Advertisements

Help me die less on hyjall trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby elson » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:09 am

Your stats are fine for the "Get these goddamn things off me" approach which involves some shackles, and other tanks picking up an abom or two. I'd reccomend more stam for the "Great, I get to have my arse kicked while the rest of you get the casters" approach though.

My stats are pretty close to yours except I am just about 17k unbuffed in my hyjal trash set. You'd think 1.5k health unbuffed wouldn't make a difference but with how often I am in low ardent defender range I have no doubts that a lot more effort would be put into getting aboms off me If I had less health.

I also would recommend ironshield potions over free action potions here. One of these potions adds a significant amount of effective health, which will allow you to survive more severe bursts for the entire 2 minute potion cooldown. Nightmare seeds when you get that first initial clumping of the aboms are also a huge help to allow your healers to get comfortable spam healing you. If your not getting the aboms taken off you, your gonna need a lot of overhealing.

In addition to this, if you use healing assignments for trash I cannot even begin to describe how having the inspiration or ancestral fortitude buff tones down the difficulty of the abom waves. If you have priests or shamans who can give you this buff on their crit heals, make very certain that at least one of them is spam healing you to keep it up.
Zeal without wisdom is folly

My armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ll&n=Elson
elson

Postby Soulgain » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:08 am

Hmmm sounds to me like your other tanks are not taking the aboms of you as they should. Your stats look correct. Ive managed to tank 2 aboms at a time but when it gets to 3 its pushing it and sometimes even 2. You really need your guild to understand these aboms should not be on you after the pull and need to be picked up. Also make sure your healers are on the ball and have someone calling out if your going to be taking a lot of damage while pulling (shadow bolts).
Soulgain

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 am

Soulgain wrote:Hmmm sounds to me like your other tanks are not taking the aboms of you as they should.

My guild laughed so much in vent when I said loud "Take this abomination outta my ass" =(
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Zanie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 pm

Wow guys, My toon name is Zanie, on Twisting Nether.

I tank all of the Aboms, 6 at a time in some waves, and this is our first step into MH. Am I doing something right, or am I just lucky?
Zanie

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 am

Zanie wrote:Wow guys, My toon name is Zanie, on Twisting Nether.

I tank all of the Aboms, 6 at a time in some waves, and this is our first step into MH. Am I doing something right, or am I just lucky?
Very, very lucky.
Taking 6 hits every second and a half, all of them above 1k(3k for aboms) and surviving..you gave your healers a heart attack.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby shifttusk » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:14 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:

Very, very lucky.
Taking 6 hits every second and a half, all of them above 1k(3k for aboms) and surviving..you gave your healers a heart attack.

Ya this is what I was doing,

Based on the advice here I bitched about OT pickup of aboms.

I die alot less now :)

I def miss the rediculous unlimited mana though :)
Shifttusk - 70 Hunter Executus 0/20/41
Easylay - 70 Paladin Anetheron 0/49/12
shifttusk

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:55 pm

In a guild run where i know the other tanks are picking off atleast one abom, i just roll with bv/br gear (55% avoidance, 600 bv) and pop a free action pot on a big abom wave.
When we were puging MH, avoidance set to survive since the other tanks thought it fun to taunt a ghoul.

In order to survive you either have to have the other OT's pick up the aboms fast or you should be in a very high avoidance/eh set to survive the bursts and get spam healed.
Seloei

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:07 am

shifttusk wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

Very, very lucky.

Ya this is what I was doing,

Based on the advice here I bitched about OT pickup of aboms.

I die alot less now :)

I def miss the rediculous unlimited mana though :)
Eh, aoe tanking with 2 aboms on you already grants so much mana that I only bother judging to keep Lightbringer up :p
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Consecrate » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 am

I die a lot on Hyjal waves but this is because we only take 2 tanks to Hyjal because recently my guild has been failing and there's only 3 active tanks.

With this said, i've also been the only tank alive and tanked entire waves of the difficult ones, it's really down to your EH and your healers.

But, some tips!

Ironshields are the only thing that can save you during a stun (that and your healers not failing epicly)

Nightmare Seeds!

Having your other tank take off as many Aboms as they can handle is advisable (even though they are usually faggoty and take less than they should - for example our feral druid refuses to take more than 2 aboms, leaving 4 on me, plus whatever other random crap is in the wave)

Hunters kiting aboms to pick up NPC aggro is very advisable - with so many aboms on you, moving becomes problematic.

Tons of avoidance helps too when you're not stunned, block value, all that crap. Generally though once you've done your best to co-ordinate your tanking, you really are left in the hands of your healers. If they are shit, you die, if they aren't, you live.
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Previous

Return to Mt. Hyjal