Remove Advertisements

Need advice for Lady Vashj

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Need advice for Lady Vashj

Postby Mordual » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:40 am

We had our first try on her last night, I was assigned to tank all the Naga adds for Phase 2. The problem I'm was having; (1) I dont know where they will come from (cant maintain a 360 degree awareness after 2nd naga add), (2) they hamstring me so i cant even get to the 2nd and 3rd etc.. adds fast enough (they kill off heales with 1 or 2 hits). Is it even possible for a tankadin to take on all the Naga adds? Guild has me tanking them on top of Vashj and moving them to the side (never got to the moving them to the side, I die before the can deactivate the pillars).
Any advice would be helpfull.

Here's my armory link just in case:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&n=Mordual
LV 70 Paladin
Ysera Server
Mordual

Postby Siiri » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:22 am

Sounds to me that you're doing the right thing.. But where are your second tank or are you running with just one tank? We use two tankadins.. One drags them to the other (just taunt them).. Fighting really close to Vashj just as you guys are doing it.
Siiri

Postby Shai » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:25 am

If it seems hard, go with 2 tanks. We've always gone with two tanks afaik.
Shai

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:30 am

We had a holy paladin with RF in the center spamming heals around. Nagas would usually beeline towards him, and I'd taunt off him. Or, the naga would beeline towards a healer that had just landed a big heal. If we're lucky, the healer's on the other side of the room. If not, that healer's probably dead. Bad luck, and nothing you can do about it.

We generally never had more than one naga up at a time. I'm not certain what you're trying to do with "moving them to the side".

The strategy that worked best for us:

Stack your raid with ranged dps. This fight is horrible for melee. Have one melee group to handle nagas and any spawns that make it past your perimeter. This fight is single tankable; we usually had a second tank in the raid to run cores and switch off on Vashj during P3 stuns (taunting her back and forth to prevent multishots).

Dedicate warlocks and shadow priests to killing striders. Phase 2 is entirely about strider control. Elemental shaman also do well at kiting, I've heard.

Hunters make side control considerably easier. If you have melee trying to kill elementals on the perimeter, you're wasting a lot of their time.

If you get to P3, have two hunters kill bats. It helps. A lot. The first few times we killed Vashj we ignored the bats; the last two times we killed bats. It was considerably easier.

Your melee should be constantly jumping during P3, as they take no damage if they are rooted in the air above a slime patch.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:06 am

We just started this fight last week, myself and a prot warrior picked up the naga, they can be taunted so the picking up wasn't a problem, we cover opposite sides of the platform and whoever gets the naga first tanks it. Tanking 2 isn't bad, tanking 3 seems to be a death within 10 seconds with all their cleaves stacking up, that was just a issue with us learning the fight in early attempts when we ended up with 5 naga out, marking kill order on them cleared that up fast.
DeadlyRabbit

Re: Need advice for Lady Vashj

Postby skank » Fri May 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Mordual wrote:We had our first try on her last night, I was assigned to tank all the Naga adds for Phase 2. The problem I'm was having; (1) I dont know where they will come from (cant maintain a 360 degree awareness after 2nd naga add), (2) they hamstring me so i cant even get to the 2nd and 3rd etc.. adds fast enough (they kill off heales with 1 or 2 hits). Is it even possible for a tankadin to take on all the Naga adds? Guild has me tanking them on top of Vashj and moving them to the side (never got to the moving them to the side, I die before the can deactivate the pillars).
Any advice would be helpfull.

Here's my armory link just in case:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&n=Mordual

This is were you need to be good with your mouse. There are several ways you can do this. First your MT (for vashJ) should be the one picking up the naga and bringing them to you so you can taunt. Also if you are real good you can stand still left mouse click and spin to get oriented towards a naga and use your long range taunt. Sometimes it help to have a holy pally with RF on or just no salv if they are good in the middle healing so you know where they are gong to go and they can take some damage. There is no reason whythe naga, and striders shouldnt be able to be picked up right away even with the healers initial threat.

You shouldnt be tanking more then 1 or 2 naga at a time with some dps on them. i can tank 4 naga but its cutting it close with the healz and makes for close wipes. If you move the naga around to much you run the risk of getting someone cleaved that happens to be in your way.
skank

Postby alayire » Wed May 28, 2008 6:49 am

we do her with 2 tanks. in P2 one of them picks the nagas up and moves them to other. we have 4 groups for the elementals. among the things they do they aways anounce if anything spawns on that side.. for example "naga east, strider north or tainted south"

but if you are the only tank .. well remember that a pally has Blessing of Freedom and a long range taunt? O.o you only need to use them when picking up a naga so Bof cd will be up by the time you need it again.

in my honest opinnion .. 1 tank for vash is asking for trouble, 3 is overkill and not needed, but 2 is perfectly ok and duable. she sometimes goes insane and does her shock/stun one after another and well grounding has a cooldown you know. like i sayd .. asking for trouble in an already messy and bloody fight is not the way to do it.

also. elemental shammy do awsome on kiting striders. Frost shock is godlike .. in instant cast, high threat and slowing spell on a very small cooldown. like someone mentioned before p2 is all about strider control. an elemental shamy will grab agro fast .. alowing fast dps/burn on the striders.
alayire

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:18 am

We are using two tanks. We are doing ok at getting them fast but twice an eastside naga made a B-line at a specific priest and he was no where near either of us to get fast enough. If this keeps happening what should I do? Im usually stuck in the middle range taunting or pulling off the warrior when he brings them.

This naga keeps going along the outside edge and the warrior is unfoturnately in another spot and theres zero I can do with 3 naga on me. Should the priest watch heal aggro if possible or should he be on top of the stairs at least so we can get to him?
Frickit

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:51 am

1) Your Holy pallies should have no salv and RF up so they're the ones drawing healing aggro....they can take a hit.

2) You should be on retrieval duty....between ranged taunt and shield you're much better suited for it than a warrior.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:22 am

Dorvan wrote:1) Your Holy pallies should have no salv and RF up so they're the ones drawing healing aggro....they can take a hit.

2) You should be on retrieval duty....between ranged taunt and shield you're much better suited for it than a warrior.

Thats what we were doing with one of our newer warriors and it worked great. The more senior warrior comes and he gets the MT role which means I taunt nagas off of him. Problem is im still the one trying to run and pick up a naga when I have 3 on me already. Ill make sure holy pallys stay unsalved, thats an obvious solution thanks.

sometimes i really wish i could be in two places at once (with two dif gear sets lawl)
Frickit

Postby Dorvan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 am

Frickit wrote:Thats what we were doing with one of our newer warriors and it worked great. The more senior warrior comes and he gets the MT role which means I taunt nagas off of him. Problem is im still the one trying to run and pick up a naga when I have 3 on me already. Ill make sure holy pallys stay unsalved, thats an obvious solution thanks.

sometimes i really wish i could be in two places at once (with two dif gear sets lawl)

Couple of things:

1) you shouldn't ever have 3 naga on you....sounds like you may need more DPS assigned to them

2) In addition to the no salv, make sure your Holy Pallies have RF up too...it affects heals as well as holy damage (plus if they have the Imp version as is reasonably common, it's a little less damage from any hits they do take).

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am

We're doing the balancing act of great players mixed with OK players. Either the naga go down right away and eles get through or they start to actually pull shit together cept I have a dozen nagas on me. We have the dps Im sure it just hasnt come together yet.

It took us three weeks to figure out how to kite a strider.../sigh

we have an offspec shadpriest and a geared shadpriest. we have two-three locks, none are affliction. we have like 1 mage. we have 4-6 melee. rest are hunters mostly BM. we have a MM hunter kiting now. Its a rough group to put together for sure. we have 6-8 healers as well. I dont think its optimal but everyone wants to keep trying this way.
Frickit

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern