Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:41 am

I've never really needed PoJ. Sure it does help, but well, it works out without it, too, so... ;)

As for me i pr Consecreate up on the origin of beam 1, wait until both adds spawn, get a good positioning near the center of the beam and start casting avenging wrath. The adds hit me and i do take damage, but healers know this and they will get some aggro.
However by the time AWrath finishes - due to the hits in about 6-7 Seconds - i will hit EVERY Add of Beam 1. As for me this works the best.

Warrior and Druid take the adds of beam#2. As they are two, it goes pretty smooth. As soon as everyone is gathered i use either a Spelldmg trinket or my Wings to faster grab aggro on everyone - AE is to start after felmyst is out of range for damage.
Ryuusuke

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:44 am

im the only tank on this.
3 things ive found

1) reckoning is op, it procs all the time from the contant 1k tick
2) warlocks fail @ running to the consecrate to avoid skele deaths
3) i wouldnt tank it without commendation and AD for corrosion
Morganim

Postby sephiroth38 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:51 am

yesterday our tank crashed. I had to tank felmyst with this spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVRtI00drgqZVfL0hcz
(awful isn't it? but i use it for felmyst adds it works well, i did not maxx precision for guardian favor to have at least a bop every flight.)

:asd:

worked, killed on 3d attempt, the first two wipes was for incapsulates errors.
i was able to sustain 1400-1500 tps all the time and i haven't seen problems from reckoning and for 10% less hp.
I would have never tryied that with the sanctity aura spec, but our gm said "let's try", i was taking less damage than the warrior/druid tank.

for adds, i go usually in the middle, if the beam is far far away i let the warrior take the skeletons in there, than i consacrate on the other beam, go regroup near the tree, i consacrate again,50% of the times i am able to cast holy wrath with 3-4 mob that hits me and all come on the consacration.
Obviusly sometimes bop comes in handy or taunt/exorcism.
Than i judge wisdom, keep wisdom up, and hit a skeleton while consacrating, none is able to aggro them after the 3d tick of consacration with this spec. But i don't suggest to try maintank a boss with that, is viable and does a lot of treath, but i'd make some adjustment for tanking bosses (but treath on demons/undead is uber 8) )
sephiroth38

Postby Mithos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:52 pm

I tanked her with a regular tanking spec tonight (got 4/5 reck and no precision now), threat was quite bad but I miss a few threat items still. However, I would not plan ahead to tank her without AD, it saved my ass so many times, especially from swing-->cleave.

Dunno if the WWS is up yet or at all (slackers!) but i was taking a few fairly nasty hits even with ironshield (was using kazrogal shield and level 127 goggles though, low armour).

Tbh with a bit of practice and tweaking my threat would be better but was kinda thrown into it, it was good enough but the slow attack speed really hurts. If I avoided a lot of attacks in a row I would actually be running low on mana whilst RF spamming, I even ran out at some stage, but then corrision hits and you eat a lovely 12k swing and you get it all back :>.

Preferred having someone else MT so that I had some help on skeletons as well, they can be annoying sometimes, also if I'm MTing I have to Ironshield so I can't use mana pots during the 2nd beam for complete add threat, took a bit of getting used to.

Just scrolled up through Grim Reaper data, lol, still there after 4 hours. Seems at one point I ate a melee swing for 15354, but most normal swings seemed to be 4.8-7k, maybe somethign funky happened for a split second, like demo shout fell off and she swung for her maximum damage range or something.
Mithos

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 pm

yeah i took a 15k now and then when demo fell off.

i found the best for threat was to have precision and 3/5 reckoning. (the 0/51/10 spec).

altho having to chain chug ironshields didnt present a problem for me, I usualy started p2 with about 50% mana but easly was am at 100% by the start of p1 again due to skeltons creeping behind me, or hitting me in the back as i run south
Morganim

Postby sephiroth38 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 am

Morganim wrote:yeah i took a 15k now and then when demo fell off.

i found the best for threat was to have precision and 3/5 reckoning. (the 0/51/10 spec).

altho having to chain chug ironshields didnt present a problem for me, I usualy started p2 with about 50% mana but easly was am at 100% by the start of p1 again due to skeltons creeping behind me, or hitting me in the back as i run south

Don't know if it was because we had 1 more healer, but i went down 25% hp only once, never had to use mana potions mana bar was always full.
My tps was ~1500 with some drop to 1200-1300 occasionally but 90% of the time over 1400.
Cleave the biggest i took was ~13000, hit was never over ~8500.
I had sanctity aura up myself and a pala was in party with me with devotion.
All our raid members have seen that i was taking a lot less damage than the druid / war that usually tank those.
(i had intervene after corrosion like usual).
I'll try this week and we'll see if i was just lucky :)
btw i was 0/40/21 but only because in the beginning i was not supposed to tank felmyst but only skeletons. But all my dps appreciated the tps.
sephiroth38

Postby Mithos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10 am

Ah no I didn't mean I *had* to use mana pots as I was oom, I use mana pots for aoe threat on skeletons that aren't anywhere near me to stop them ganking people. It just threw me when I clicked my mana pot button and it was still on CD from ironshield then I thought "shit -_-" as it suddenly hit me.

I would agree that 40/21 would be very nice here for tanking her if you can be kept up reliably but in all fairness it isn't a massive DPS race, it's just about DPS control. It is nice to have a bit of help on the skeletons, but whatever works and whatever you get to try :).

I didn't actually have Commanding Shout or an imp, there was *no* warriors in the raid (we can't even get a non-casual raiding warrior, our server sucks to recruit on :\), so I tanked her with 21.3k HP or something, even went below 21K when I forgot my buff food >.>.
Mithos

Postby sephiroth38 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 am

Mithos wrote:Ah no I didn't mean I *had* to use mana pots as I was oom, I use mana pots for aoe threat on skeletons that aren't anywhere near me to stop them ganking people. It just threw me when I clicked my mana pot button and it was still on CD from ironshield then I thought "shit -_-" as it suddenly hit me.

I would agree that 40/21 would be very nice here for tanking her if you can be kept up reliably but in all fairness it isn't a massive DPS race, it's just about DPS control. It is nice to have a bit of help on the skeletons, but whatever works and whatever you get to try :).

I didn't actually have Commanding Shout or an imp, there was *no* warriors in the raid (we can't even get a non-casual raiding warrior, our server sucks to recruit on :\), so I tanked her with 21.3k HP or something, even went below 21K when I forgot my buff food >.>.

I usually take with me ~10 stratholme holy waters, but sometimes if the night is unlucky (and happen often with encapsulate) i use them all in middle tries :)

Nice that you could tank it without a warrior intervane, so is only luck or the fact we had 1 more healer, o paladins take less damage in that boss? and how is that possible?
when our warrior misses an intervane when the usual druid tanks, he riks to be oneshotted. that never happened to me.

Yeah i know that spec is not the most suited, is not a dps run but a dps control, but let felmyst fly 3 times, and come back at 8% life even after the last flight, is unpriceable :wink:
sephiroth38

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 am

What can and can't healers do during the flight phase? Most of our healers seem to grab aggro from a pack of these eventually. There has yet to be one attempt where they don't near-kill a healer that took too big a risk..doing their job.
How do healers, specially priests and shaman, handle healing while the skeletons are spawning? One or two always seem to escape my grasp.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:14 am

Snake-Aes wrote:What can and can't healers do during the flight phase? Most of our healers seem to grab aggro from a pack of these eventually. There has yet to be one attempt where they don't near-kill a healer that took too big a risk..doing their job.
How do healers, specially priests and shaman, handle healing while the skeletons are spawning? One or two always seem to escape my grasp.

have a meeting point at the tree

make sure there's a consecrate at that point always, priest just run there spamming CoH, shamans have a bit of armor so can stop and heal now and then but if there on the consecrate they wont die
Morganim

Postby Zalaria » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 am

Heals that give you threat seem to be the best way. Prayer of Mending, Lifebloom pops, and Earth Shield all give you threat, and PoM is affected by RF. With those all going off on me, I often have loose skellies beelining for me long before reaching the consecrate.

Now if only our healers would stop failboating p1, we might actually get a kill -_-
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:17 am

Snake-Aes wrote:What can and can't healers do during the flight phase? Most of our healers seem to grab aggro from a pack of these eventually. There has yet to be one attempt where they don't near-kill a healer that took too big a risk..doing their job.

There's one healidin that keeps up RF when healing during this phase. The skeletons always go to him as opposed to someone else. I save my taunt for him when he starts taking damage. Also, he gets into my AoE in front of the tree quickly so usually he doesn't take too much damage before they are on me.

But being able to know who to taunt loose skeletons from during that second beam is pretty darn useful. It's not perfect but it's good enough. Occasionally my taunt is poorly timed and he takes too much damage and has to bubble.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:14 am

Our paladin picks up the first 90% of the skeletons from each spawn. I wait around after he leaves to get the second vapor trail and pick up the last 3-5. Then he throws RD on me and gets the initial threat from shield slam/revenge and it's enough to tide those mobs over until they get to consecrate. By the time the second vapor trail is finishing, everyone should be at the gathering point, and I can just hang back and pick things up as they trail into the group, and keep those ~3 myself. The big thing is making sure if you have two tanks that they both coordinate for the first beam, and that for the second one the whole raid is at the gathering point by the time the skeletons finish spawning.

So from a healer perspective: do what you need to during the first beam, but once the second beam has selected a target, head for the gathering point.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby LordoftheLeftHand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Salv the healers. I know simple as hell, but often overlooked.

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand

Postby Tisiphone » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm

Had our second evening of tries on this chick tonight.

I'm tanking only skellies. It's actually quite funny because our Warrior Tank is doing 800 TPS (and don't ask me how he does that) and all the DPS are moaning.

Anyhow, haven't seen a healer die of the skellies yet. Smart consecrating some taunting/judging/exorcising makes it trivial. When the beam comes, I go as close to it as possible, wait a few seconds, then cast Holy Wrath and then consecrate between the beam and the raid. On a side note, these skellies actually hit for something and I can't really run without heals.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau