Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryu » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Elsie wrote:
1st a couple of gear questions:
- Should I buy the Badge to use instead of Eternal Defender so I use Armor Scrolls?

- Should I use the Pocket Watch or Scarab instead of the Commendation?

- Should I use Lightbringer or Repentence?

For Consumables I'm going with Wizard Oil and Crawdads.

- Should I used a Flask or Armor/Agi Elixirs?

- Will it matter if I'm first or second in the rotation?

1. Up to you
2. Many, including Lore and I, prefer Insignia + Pocket watch. Definitely use pocket watch over scarab since it will last the entire stomp.
3. Libram of Divine Purpose... unless your gear sucks or you have a ret paladin (then use sharaz libram).

I use crawdads, tons of iron shields, and a flask since you're likely to die a lot.

It's better to go second since the first has to rotate him into position which I find a pain in the ass with my cooldowns. Also it assures you can Avenging Wrath easily when it gets to you.

Actually, since you need to survive a possible 22-23k burst in the worst case scenario, pocketwatch + commendation works better, the commendation trinket still gives that proc several times during the fight.

And being second or first is no diff, its actually better to go first, since your burst open with alot more threat right from the start. I go second each week because I'm lazy.

And yes, the BT libram is the only one you should use, period.
Ryu

Postby PsiVen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Elsie wrote:It's better to go second since the first has to rotate him into position which I find a pain in the ass with my cooldowns. Also it assures you can Avenging Wrath easily when it gets to you.

Depends on how you pull I suppose, with our positioning the tanks stand still and get MD'd. Hard to say which is better though. You can open up with AS and higher initial threat lets DPS start earlier, but due to the bonus from dropping your mana before taunting, threat after the second rotation should end up higher if you go 2nd.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elsie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:23 am

Actually, since you need to survive a possible 22-23k burst in the worst case scenario, pocketwatch + commendation works better, the commendation trinket still gives that proc several times during the fight.

I think like... 2-3 pages of this thread was on watch vs commendation. I still take the stand commendation won't be up when you need it.

And yes, the BT libram is the only one you should use, period.

Libram of Divine Purpose is very good for this fight, too.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:00 am

Elsie wrote:

I think like... 2-3 pages of this thread was on watch vs commendation. I still take the stand commendation won't be up when you need it.

The conclusion where we got is that if you can't survive the burst without it you use commendation, else if you can pass 21k HP without it, you go without.

Max possible burst is around 6k stomp + 11k mh + 5k oh, 22kish damage. The libram from shahraz is godly there since it literally reduces the burst to about 20k (having 7-800 BV is impressive for this, probably one of the few fights where BV is a good stat)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:52 am

PsiVen wrote:
Elsie wrote:It's better to go second since the first has to rotate him into position which I find a pain in the ass with my cooldowns. Also it assures you can Avenging Wrath easily when it gets to you.

Depends on how you pull I suppose, with our positioning the tanks stand still and get MD'd. Hard to say which is better though. You can open up with AS and higher initial threat lets DPS start earlier, but due to the bonus from dropping your mana before taunting, threat after the second rotation should end up higher if you go 2nd.

You can drop most of your mana before pulling as well :P
Leaving what... 1.6k? should be enough.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Morendin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:39 am

I RF down to 2.5k mana, personally
~700 for shield toss
300 holy shield
600 cons
300 judge/reseal
400 exor=
spending about 2.3k mana
Morendin

Postby Eender » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

I never took part in the debate on commendation vs. any thing else. I can say, tho, that I personally use Commendation + Pocketwatch. Commendation goes off ALL the time on this fight. And I still have the clicky of pocketwatch for stomps and still a seed cooldown for others. I can cover all stomps except 3rd using this setup and Commendation is usually up during 3rd.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Morganim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Can someone explain to me the whole reason behind dumping your mana before a pull ?

it makes no sense to me lol
Morganim

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:10 pm

I like pocketwatch+commendation, CoK for the simple reason that I need some stamina and even if the proc isn't up during stomps it provides a significant avoidance boost outside of them. Transitions especially.

QuantumDelta wrote:You can drop most of your mana before pulling as well :P
Leaving what... 1.6k? should be enough.

Good point :)

Morganim, mana gain from SA creates 'healing' threat modified by RF. So it's a significant chunk of threat to fill 'er up.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Eender » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Mana return from SA acts just like if you healed that much (so .5 threat for each point of mana u get). So, if you can dump most of your mana and just have enough for your first rotation then u get an extra "roughly" 3k threat for doing nothing. Depends on how much mana u get back from SA and your mana pool of course but most people tanking this encounter are over 6-7k mana buffed.

Eender

Postby Morganim » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:47 am

ahh that makes sense
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 am

Eender wrote:Mana return from SA acts just like if you healed that much (so .5 threat for each point of mana u get). So, if you can dump most of your mana and just have enough for your first rotation then u get an extra "roughly" 3k threat for doing nothing. Depends on how much mana u get back from SA and your mana pool of course but most people tanking this encounter are over 6-7k mana buffed.

You forgot spiritual attunement should be affected by RF, hence it's 0.9 per mana.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Eender » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am

touche, sir!

Eender

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Update:
So, got in four attempts on this guy last night.
I've sat in on vent everytime previous so I thought I had a good handle on things, lol, listening and doing are two very different things.

They had me up first for whatever reason, probably so I could get a shot at seeing a rotation first hand.

My first time through I ended up taunting too early and people couldn't hear my call so I died right away. Then had a couple of attempts with slight mix ups here and there, and had to change up my UI and DBM a little bit as I had way too much info spamming to see what I needed to.

I ended up moving some bars around, turning off some bars and turning off my combat text.
I had to count the slash cast bars since I don't have a focus frame in my UI.

Ended up getting things mostly under control (though I still could use some fine tuning) and dropped the bastard with 3sec to spare.

Got my Belt and the warrior tanking finally got his legs.

The Paladin healing me whispered me later that I was a lot easier to heal then he thought I'd be, so that's positive. I'll try and track down the WWS to see if you guys can pick it apart for me.
Dragonzbane

Postby Morendin » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:50 am

Worldie wrote:
Eender wrote:Mana return from SA acts just like if you healed that much (so .5 threat for each point of mana u get). So, if you can dump most of your mana and just have enough for your first rotation then u get an extra "roughly" 3k threat for doing nothing. Depends on how much mana u get back from SA and your mana pool of course but most people tanking this encounter are over 6-7k mana buffed.

You forgot spiritual attunement should be affected by RF, hence it's 0.9 per mana.

It definately should be affected by RF...but is it? I haven't seen a test to show that...unless there is one, I'll get a druid(0% threat from talented tranquility) and run a test to find out.
Morendin

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau