How much unbuffed health is needed to fight Naj'entus?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Caelus » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:07 am

superworm wrote:We downed Naj last night. With better positioning and less melee dpsers he was not that hard.
The kill was quite coincident I must say. We had planned to kill Kael, but some key members was not online, so our RL decided to go farming BT trash mobs for trash drops (rings, gems, etc.). When we got to Naj, there were some more lv 70s online. Though they were mainly in blues, we decided to invite them to try Naj. Then we downed him. It's quite funny.

Congratulations.

Also, if you have trouble with Naj, don't even think about archimonde.
Caelus

Postby superworm » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Caelus wrote:Congratulations.

Also, if you have trouble with Naj, don't even think about archimonde.

Now that we have downed Naj, I think our next aim should be Supremus (and Akama).
superworm

Postby Jellypop » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

Naj progression kill last week, missed it..

got it last night, wow, it is very healing intensive...but.. hell.. i threw on healing gears and auto-attacked, spam'ed flash of light till there's no tomorrow, and.. it was.. cake..atleast for us.. cause the same 2 people kept getting it..
Jellypop

Postby superworm » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:22 am

Jellypop wrote:Naj progression kill last week, missed it..

got it last night, wow, it is very healing intensive...but.. hell.. i threw on healing gears and auto-attacked, spam'ed flash of light till there's no tomorrow, and.. it was.. cake..atleast for us.. cause the same 2 people kept getting it..

Old thread pops up... Anyway, after the FD Naj is not that hard. Now my guild could oneshot him. Supremus and Akama is much easier than Naj imo. Only Gorefield took us about 4 hours to take down (13 tries). And we also downed Archimonde. Now working on Bloodboil...
superworm

Postby Lauranna-Skullcrusher » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Do you use frost resist pots or chromatic flask... anything to reduce the dmg taken by the shield?
Lauranna-Skullcrusher

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Do you use frost resist pots or chromatic flask... anything to reduce the dmg taken by the shield?
Typically the only reductions we used(and my former guild on it's progression kills) were the PW:S that priests would use on themselves.
It's not very hard to get the minimum hp in this place if you're on t5+ gear.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby superworm » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:35 am

Lauranna-Skullcrusher wrote:Do you use frost resist pots or chromatic flask... anything to reduce the dmg taken by the shield?

We did use frost resist cauldrons at our first several kills, you could drink it before the pull.
superworm

Postby QuantumDelta » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:52 am

not ideal though since it wont be up for any beyond the first shield..

They absolutely must have above 8500, preferably a good thousand more, if not even more.
It's not even really a DPS race unless you lose people or are running with some weird setup (4 tanks 10 healers or whatever :P)
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby superworm » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:22 am

QuantumDelta wrote:not ideal though since it wont be up for any beyond the first shield..

They absolutely must have above 8500, preferably a good thousand more, if not even more.
It's not even really a DPS race unless you lose people or are running with some weird setup (4 tanks 10 healers or whatever :P)

And I think there shouldn't be too many melees, 4 including the MT at most. More than 3 melee dps will inevitably cause splash damage or parry haste.
superworm

Postby Vasilissa » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am

My unbuffed health is 16300 and this is more then enough for this encounter. Everyone should have over 8500 so using food buffs helps healers a lot. Even if you gimp your dps a little its better to survive, then to do no dps at all. As for paladin it helps some if you put jol instead of jow/joc on boss.
Vasilissa

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:10 am

We tend to run with 7 melee including the tank, splash isn't too much of a problem so long as they're not wearing glass cannon gear..
Shammy and Priest (CoH) healing really helps there.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Previous

Return to Black Temple