Remove Advertisements

Sethekk Halls

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Muford » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:29 pm

going to be running this possibly tomorrow

any tips / ideas on how i could make this run smoothly at level 69?
Muford

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:32 pm

Just pull packs with prophets "back" and you'll be fine.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Ikiss

Postby Lt Smith » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:33 am

Hope I'm not too late on this one. We've ran a few times looking for rogue shoulders and are starting to get it down. We run with 70s and use a lot of CC up to the last boss. Slows us down a bit but makes our healers more comfortable.

Ikiss gave us more trouble for a while, especially the running behind pillars thing. I've found that if you pull him closer to the doorway between the rooms, you can easily have everyone jump around the corner to LoS him on his channel blast. If things start to go horribly wrong, running to the back of the first room will also reset him for another try. Mana is rarely a problem on this fight, so I'll usually heal myself while behind the doorframe. This way, I've got health back up AND generating healing threat. Gives me a headstart.

Oh.. watch out for the polymorph. He'll sheep the #2 person on the threat list. This gets to be a pain when no one else can dispel. :?

Lt
Lt Smith

Postby Fivelives » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm

xuldinga wrote:
Fivelives wrote:If you had 2 warriors in the group, the first boss should've been easycakes.

The adds are fearable (hint hint intimidating shout).

nope, just the one warrior. He did intimidate once, but I think the CD slowed him down. I have no idea how warriors work since I never played one, but thunderclap didn't seem to get the elementals attention.

Ahh, I thought you said you had 2 warriors in the group. With 2 aoe fears, the first boss goes from being a pain to being pathetic. Without any fears or heroism, the fight is even worse, since his health drops so. damn. fast.
Fivelives

Postby DasShaker » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:52 pm

I'm still learning how to tank... Just tried this instance and probably wiped a dozen times after we finally gave up.

I was having a lot of trouble getting aggro back on the last boss though, most of the time he would resist the taunt. Sadly, I wasn't even thinking about using my own heals to gain aggro back. I did try SoV for the dot to get him back like someone suggested, didn't work after the third blast due to resists...

:( Don't think I'll try this one again until 68 or so when they won't resist so much.
DasShaker

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics