Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:38 pm

Gee, Worldi... Is you UI able to guide Space Shuttle also? :))
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:56 am

Not yet, but it makes a good coffee
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:48 am

How the hell u got time to raid with 2 chars in SWP?
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:32 am

Both are casual-like guilds, both raid 4 days per week, so i do 2 with one and 3 with the other :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Slept » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 am

The best combination of AR gear I found for this fight was the Violet Badge, jewelcrafting AR neck, AR cloak with AR enchant, and the AR head enchant on a spare helm (ZA one, in my case). With a Flask of Chromatic Wonder, MotW, and Blood Elf racial, I'm at 215 AR.

I dislike using the AR plate items because the drop in armor from my usual tanking gear is too great.
Slept

Postby Fangwui » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:23 pm

i tried tanking the demon this fight and i must say that the human kalec is putting out some heavy threat. i'm about 650 spell dmg raid buffed. i go in judge crusader, consecrate, taunt, pop wings, exorcise + JOR + SOR and he still manages to get it back off me. anyone else having such problems?
Fangwui

Postby Morendin » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:17 am

the big catch with threat is Corrupting Strike: not generating any threat for 3 seconds other than Cons means he will almost certainly rip from you- on the other hand, if you can afford to taunt immediately after CS, he will spend 3 seconds on his ass, giving you a valuable head start.
if he keeps pulling off you, DON'T fall into the trap of taunting as soon as it's up: CS appears to have a 15s cooldown, give or take a few seconds, so you end up taunting right into the CS multiple times, letting him tear it right back off, and generally not doing anything to keep human kalec's health up...instead, if you taunt into a CS and lose aggro, wait for the next CS, then taunt.
Morendin

Postby Consecrate » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:39 am

This fight really irks me. We usually do ok to start the rotation but there always comes a time when i'm tanking something and the only healers on me are resto druids. This invariably leads to a wipe as they simply can't put out the HP/s to keep a tank up on this fight.

With this said we're only on our second night of tries and did reasonably well, surviving to 6 portals before anyone died.

However, it seems to be a very big problem that tanks are dieing and all 3 tanks are struggling to be kept up constantly.

Could it be that our tanks (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Consecrate http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Giles http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Grrowl) are undergeared? Are we using the wrong gear sets (myself and Grrowl are using more threat at the moment but every set causes problems) or are we going to need more than 9 healers? :o
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby Ryu » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 am

You can't fool around in anything less than full bt/mh gear when you start in Sunwell.
Healers can't cast their lazy heals anymore, and need to shape up. There's no excuse for two druids to let a tank die, their hps isn't much of a problem.
Ryu

Postby Morganim » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 am

At time i have 1 druid keep me up solo
IMO ban tree form from sunwell until they learn wtf to do and make sure they know there going to need to spam a few HT's every now and then
Morganim

Postby Fangwui » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:25 am

does a lack of shield wall/last stand inevitably lead to a lot of tank deaths on the last 10%? we got our first kill yesterday but had 2 tanks die on the last 10%.
Fangwui

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:24 am

depends on your healers...
Io.Draco

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 am

Shield wall makes it easier, but if you bring them with close %s and your DPS doesn't suck they should be dead before 20-30 seconds, so a trinket+seed will do the job.

Personally i have survived a enrage with dragon at 20% and demon at 10%... and i was tanking the dragon. 18k melee are ouch

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Hexzon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:43 am

You forget that on that last 10% paladins can simply bubble taunt if they want there own kind of shield wall, but i mean if your holy paladins put a imp LoH on the tank its quite healable.
Hexzon

Postby Fangwui » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 am

doesn't bubble taunt not last for the entire 12s duration? once the taunt wears off the mob is loose once again. but yea you're right in that it is a pretty good oh-shit button, just not as good as shield wall. oh well, i'll try to see if i can save a nightmare seed CD for the last 10% and hopefully i get more than just 1 healer on me.
Fangwui

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau