Remove Advertisements

Buttanking Moroes

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Buttanking Moroes

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:50 am

Anyone have a good trick for getting him behind you? I usually have to just move around a while till he paths kinda funny to get him on the end of them all and slide in between him and the others. I was wondering if anyone has a tried and sure mode of getting him into a good spot to turn your back to him. We wiped once a few weeks ago cause I just wasn't able to get him into possition. Lately I've been having a ret pally Judge/Exorcism/Holy Wrath/Crusader Strike get behind me then bubble. But would really like a more eloquent way so that we can save that bubble to remove a garot.
BubbaBill

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am

Once you engage, try stepping backwards once or twice. mobs are funky enough to go by that. If not just try to circle around him without leaving his melee range. If the other mobs aren't an issue, just turn.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Once you engage, try stepping backwards once or twice. mobs are funky enough to go by that. If not just try to circle around him without leaving his melee range. If the other mobs aren't an issue, just turn.

This is the method I was trying when I got gouged and wiped. Some times it takes a few moves to get him to path just right, ya kinda have to dance with him a bit while all his buddies beat on you. Was just hoping there was a more reliable consistent way that people had found. After that first vanish is done it's never a problem. He always seems to come to my back it's just getting him there off the initial pull.
BubbaBill

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:47 am

Is the point of butt-tanking so that you avoid gouges (which for players one must be face-to-face), or to ensure you're taking enough damage to get mana? I'd thought it was the latter, but now I'm wondering if it's the former.

edit: just read Snake-Aes' reply to a different thread; apparently it IS to prevent gouge. Awesome. (BoSac on the second threat also works, but this is better.) Now to learn how to GET him there, lol. Maybe have someone else aggro him first while you get the others in front of you, and then taunt him from them so you get him to come behind you? Sounds risky, though.
Kelaan

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:55 am

Kelaan wrote:Is the point of butt-tanking so that you avoid gouges (which for players one must be face-to-face), or to ensure you're taking enough damage to get mana? I'd thought it was the latter, but now I'm wondering if it's the former.

It is the former. If you just need mana throw your frisbee while in mellee or Holy Wrath. The extra damage you take while casting(no avoidance, crushes) should be more than you expend with the spell. And you get to do damage/Threat
BubbaBill

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Well, given I grossly overgear kara, it's _both_, but okay o.o
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby BubbaBill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Well, given I grossly overgear kara, it's _both_, but okay o.o

Then you should be pulling them along with a table or 2 of guests :P
BubbaBill

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:20 am

I just spin around when I pull him, but I overgear kara by quite a bit, lol.

The first time I did it vent was pretty hilarious.

Healer1: "Holy, you're backwards."
Random DPS: "holy, you're backwards!"
Holyfuri: "I know, he can't gouge me this way."
Healer1: " wow... you're right he hasn't gouged once yet!"
Healer2: "this is super easy now!"
Holyfuri

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 am

You can also use Blessing of Sacrifice on someone who's Garroted... or a Warlock you can trust to Hellfire quickly.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Rehlachs- » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:40 am

moduspwnens wrote:or a Warlock you can trust to Hellfire quickly

hhhm, quick and thrustworthy warlocks are kind of rare :(

Rehlachs-

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:46 am

BubbaBill wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Well, given I grossly overgear kara, it's _both_, but okay o.o

Then you should be pulling them along with a table or 2 of guests :P

Can't. I pull all three tables + waiters at once already.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby BubbaBill » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:47 am

Holyfuri wrote:I just spin around when I pull him, but I overgear kara by quite a bit, lol.

And turn your back to all 5 of them? I can't see holding aggro on all of them this way. The only way you hold aggro on moroes with your back to him is because you have built up a good lead while the DPS is burning down the other guests. I can't see holding the first couple of adds that get burnt down with your back to them.
BubbaBill

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:50 am

BubbaBill wrote:
Holyfuri wrote:I just spin around when I pull him, but I overgear kara by quite a bit, lol.

And turn your back to all 5 of them? I can't see holding aggro on all of them this way. The only way you hold aggro on moroes with your back to him is because you have built up a good lead while the DPS is burning down the other guests. I can't see holding the first couple of adds that get burnt down with your back to them.
Wait..someone tank those adds? O.o

j/k :D
I typically tank the ret pally + moroes, since the stun won't drop my avoidance on moroes, casters are burned down asap and if the me/prot warriors are there we just cc them, it's simpler.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:58 am

BubbaBill wrote:

Yes, all of them. LOL.

The only one I kill is the shadow priest because of the mana burn. After that everyone goes on moroes and ignores the other adds. It doesn't hurt that I severely overgear that fight as well.
Holyfuri

Postby BubbaBill » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:03 am

Holyfuri wrote:Yes, all of them. LOL.

The only one I kill is the shadow priest because of the mana burn. After that everyone goes on moroes and ignores the other adds. It doesn't hurt that I severely overgear that fight as well.

Never really considered that. But it might work. Mind you, you outgear it more than I do. And you would only really need to turn on them untill the first vanish. After that moroes usually tends to come at you from the opposite side of where all the others are.
BubbaBill

Next

Return to Karazhan