Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eender » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:15 am

OT because U can sustain high threat (>1k and can pop wings to really give your DPS a cushion) like no other class can. This, like I said, is what really limits your kill times and thus puts the strain on the healers. As far as mana issues, between the raid damage from sears, blades, nova and while the MT is confounded you are tanking you will have no mana problems at all.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Atreidies » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 am

Eender wrote:As far as mana issues, between the raid damage from sears, blades, nova and while the MT is confounded you are tanking you will have no mana problems at all.

I usually go OOM pretty easily by 30% without popping a mana pot. However, OT threat is a strong point for us there if you have a ret pally, without one I don't see much difference between myself and a bear threat-wise, damage intake however is certainly lower on myself than either of our bears.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Mithos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:07 am

OTing is better really because as soon as the MT gets confound you will almost always get your mana back straight away, on top of raid damage, and ofc it is easiest for paladins to generate "rageless" threat. You will also probaly become MT part way through. I found that it tends to rotate: We use Warrior MT and me OT, I become MT in the middle and he gets her back towards the end.
Mithos

Postby Ryu » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:39 am

I MT this fight every week, we feel it's easier for the warrior who's offtanking to sustain good enough TPS than it is for me in an OT role.
Works like a charm.
Ryu

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Well, since i'm in my Stamina Gear my OT Threat ain't the best, however if i time my Cooldown pretty good, i'm becoming MT halfway through, too.

Usually i get the 1st conflag, so no Cooldown until then. By the time the tank gets Confounding, i use my wings and start beating the sh*t out of the missy.
We're both at around 1000-1100 TPS when MTing and ~900 as OT
Which in my Opinion is way too less, dunno...

Only Problem i see. Sometimes the druid does so much aggro i never get to actually MT. And my mana is in NO WAY able to recover as much, as i need it to sustain my aggro :ß Have to find a good solution for this :ß
Maybe more Spelldmg Gear and less Stamina (though even with 22.4k (with imp - no shout)) it get's pretty close from time to time.

Well, my 1st evening there, though
Ryuusuke

Postby Atreidies » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 am

I've tanked this thing with sub-20k HP just to push threat since ret pally wasn't there. It certainly got close, but we have both tanks lifebloomed and then a single paladin healer on us, so it's not really that bad at all unless you see Confounding+Melee which alot of times will kill you regardless.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 am

Ryuusuke wrote:Only Problem i see. Sometimes the druid does so much aggro i never get to actually MT. And my mana is in NO WAY able to recover as much, as i need it to sustain my aggro :ß Have to find a good solution for this :ß
Maybe more Spelldmg Gear and less Stamina (though even with 22.4k (with imp - no shout)) it get's pretty close from time to time.

Get in a caster party? The mana return of shadow priests has a fairly large range.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:56 am

Mithos wrote:OTing is better really because as soon as the MT gets confound you will almost always get your mana back straight away, on top of raid damage, and ofc it is easiest for paladins to generate "rageless" threat. You will also probaly become MT part way through. I found that it tends to rotate: We use Warrior MT and me OT, I become MT in the middle and he gets her back towards the end.

That's my experience almost to the letter. I've never had any mana or threat problems here and our TPS sky rockets when she goes on us. It's nice to see holy shield making a viable amount of threat again! :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:44 am

Enrage, 2nd twin at 20% on first night :(
we where running 12 healers instead of 11 because a bunch of people didnt show :(

I fail at conflag tho :P, kept chancing glances at omen, cooldowns, and shit and everytime i did bam conflag and i wouldnt get far enough :(
Morganim

Postby Eender » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:51 am

I think we usually use 8 healers. Doing this we can get 4 min kills tho.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Cakes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Eender wrote:I think we usually use 8 healers. Doing this we can get 4 min kills tho.

We 10 healed it this past week and I think eventually we can drop to 9, but 8 seems to be stretching it. Do you run 3 spriests for the fight?

Edit: I should note that because of our positioning, we eat shadow novas, while some guilds have people run out for shadow novas as well as conflags. Is this what you do?
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Alright, why noone told me that there was a new depression room before twins? :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Worldie wrote:Alright, why noone told me that there was a new depression room before twins? :|

its honestly not that bad

bring 3 mages, 3 tanks and its the easiest, and most enjoyable trash since the first hyjal wave you ever did
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:10 pm

We menaged with 2 mages and 2 tanks, it's not hard, just annoying when we found out those assassin reaping our priests.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Morganim » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Worldie wrote:We menaged with 2 mages and 2 tanks, it's not hard, just annoying when we found out those assassin reaping our priests.

see we made sure we had 3 mages, and our dps warrior just chucked on his tanking gear. Which makes it so easy its a joke :P
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau