Gurtogg bloodboil

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:42 am

Hi guys, i have a couple quick questions, that might have been addressed in here, and yes I have read this entire thread...in fact i have of read it twice, but I'm an old man, and I forget shit.

We pretty much have the tanking part down, but we had a rogue bitching that he was getting an arcing smash or 2 last night. I was under the assumption that once you get around 10 stacks on you, and lose aggro that you are supposed to move to the side of him until the debuff wears off. Is this the case? or are you still supposed to be in front of him?

I just read that some people have the melee run out for the bloodboil(is that its name), we have 15 people designated too run out, and we usually let the melee stay in there. Is it easier to have more than 15 people do this, or are we doing it correctly....We only had 7 healers last night, so we pretty much knew we were going in there too fail last night.

The good news is we one shotted Azgalor last night for our first guild kill, and I got the gloves :)

Thanks
iwillpunishu

Postby Mortehl » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 am

iwillpunishu wrote:We pretty much have the tanking part down, but we had a rogue bitching that he was getting an arcing smash or 2 last night. I was under the assumption that once you get around 10 stacks on you, and lose aggro that you are supposed to move to the side of him until the debuff wears off. Is this the case? or are you still supposed to be in front of him?

M..
.G.O
.T.

M = Melee
G = Gurtogg
O = OT Wiping his stack
T = Tanks
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:15 am

What mortehl said, basically. The tank that loses aggro goes to the side to wipe his stack if it's high(i dont bother if it's at 2-4), as long as he's ready to go back to the assigned front if he gets aggro back, it's all good.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Re:

Postby Ferg » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:31 pm

My guild attempted this guy for the first time this past weekend. I encountered a problem for P1, also, and the other two tanks I had with me (a warrior and a druid) were at a loss, as well, but it was late and maybe we were just dumb and tired.

Well, first we had the warrior starting off on the pull for P1, the druid was keeping up more or less, but I was dragging behind on threat, and wasn't taking enough dmg to get mana back after I tried dumping into Gurtogg to catch up.

On all the following attempts, I started out on pull so I could generate threat earlier on as a counter for that first attempt, but the other two tanks were always having trouble pulling GB off me (as in, impossibly). If I managed to live through the Acidic Wound DoT during Fel Rage, I still had aggro and died quickly when we returned to P1. I know I'm probably missing some detail somewhere, and we were admittedly short on healers, but I'm still concerned and confused on how to make those tanking transitions actually work without having the current tank dying so another one could pick the boss up. Either I couldn't get enough aggro to pull off the other guys, or I never lose aggro and it goes the other way.
What can I change?
Kindness is contagious, so get the hell away from me.
Ferg

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:40 pm

pump less threat as the stacks grow. All tanks with aggro have to do that.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Ferg » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Well, on the attempts where one of the other two tanks started the pull, I couldn't get aggro no matter what I did, to the point where I couldn't do anything else from lack of mana and not taking damage subsequently from not taking aggro and getting hit. Is it generally normal for the tankadin to start off on the pull for a similar reason? Also, on the attempts I pulled and had initial aggro, I stopped everything after I got 10 stacks, except for popping HS to keep from being crushed, and still couldn't lose aggro to the other two tanks.
Kindness is contagious, so get the hell away from me.
Ferg

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Stay in the shadow priest group, and pump as much as you can until you catch up.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am

Initial agro gain is a bit hard, but just stand infront of bloodboil while you are generating threat (and have 0 stacks) so you can eat a few cleaves for something extra.

Normally that isn't a problem at all, just wear a SD on use trinket and when its your turn at the start to grab agro, pop the trinket, wings and go all out (consec, judge, frisbee). Unless you are very VERY far behind it will lead you in overtaking the old tank. Unless he was still generating threat.

It might get hairy later on and may need BoP's to transition tanks.
Seloei

Postby sfrog » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:44 pm

Has anyone done this with a 2 Prot pally and 1 Prot Warrior set up? The group I raid with is about to try Gurtogg and our usual tank set up is that, though we did just get a Feral. There's been a couple of concerns with doing the fight this way, most of which is on my head.

I have the worse aggro gen of the two prots - I have 5fps in raids, and as a result, am about 70-90 tps below the other ProtPally. Would it be helpful for me to switch to a Threat prot build from the traditional MT build, as I never really main tank things anymore, just Hyjal Trash and OT? I have about 600 spell damage raid buffed in the set I put together specifically for Gurtogg and 518 normal.

I've seen how any number of combos with Warrior/Feral/Prot go on this fight, but haven't seen any with 2 ProtPallys. I'm concerned about either one of us going OOM, or not being able to trade off easily once on top. Is there any suggestions besides riding BoP and Bubble CDs on how to handle a 2ProtPally set up?
sfrog

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:04 am

Tanked this successfully, however am wondering, does BoP remove the debuffs or not, when i bopped myself I didn't think it did, but the other tanks and paladins assure me it does.

Any thoughts?
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 am

BoP doesn't remove anything, they are on drugs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:17 am

Worldie wrote:BoP doesn't remove anything, they are on drugs.
Well, it does remove autoattack....
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:26 am

I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:38 am

Snake-Aes wrote:

It disables it, doesn't remove it é_è
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:46 am

Worldie wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

It disables it, doesn't remove it é_è
I know Ò.Ó
Would be fun if it removed.

"Protects the target from harm, but the cost for it is having to watch a full season of Friends in 2 seconds, causing permanent brain damage. The target forgets how to attack."
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple