Remove Advertisements

MT'ed Karazhan today...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

MT'ed Karazhan today...

Postby tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:44 am

Armory is at sig.

Wow what an experience.

2 Healers. Set-up:

Prot pally (mt)
Feral Druid (ot)
Hunter (survival)
Priest (Holy)
Priest (Shadow)
Warlock
Mage
Rogue
Shaman (enhance)
Shaman (resto)

It took 2h48minutes altogether.
Total number of wipes: 1
Partial wipes: (namely me dying but surviving the pull/add) 2
Off wipes: (what i call a situation where more than 1 person dies but we survive the pull/add) 3

Total wipe came when I was pulling the worms right outside curator.
I went too close and ended up aggroing curator and 2 packs of worms...

Partial wipe: Through avengers shield at the 2 elite undead mobs standing next to pillars in Moroes' room, but the shield bounced off one of them and pulled the table next to them.. I died but we survived.

Stood in the red beam and partied as my HP grew to 40K but then cried the next minute as my hp dropped to 11k and got one-shotted... I dont understand how this happened though.

Off- wipes came when the worms outside curator just wouldn't face me and went to aggro healers. Plus they suck all my mana so I could only watch as my healers died...

0 items I aimed for came out. Ended up being a badge-run.

Questions:
A: What's with the red beam?
B: The only kind of CC I used was shackle undead and banish. 90% of the time I had 2 mobs on me. But it took nearly 3hours. How can I reduce the time? Survival hunter didn't help too much with his dps... But I've been in runs as a healer when it took around 2hrs.. How can I speed up the process? (When I was OOM I had my OT proceed to pull the next pack and so on)
C: Opera event- BBW. Is it a stand-still and tank or do I move around the room?

Long post, but what an experience.
tempest

Re: MT'ed Karazhan today...

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:59 am

tempest wrote:Stood in the red beam and partied as my HP grew to 40K but then cried the next minute as my hp dropped to 11k and got one-shotted... I dont understand how this happened though.

You didn't pay attention is what happened.

From wowwiki:

Red Beam

* Perseverance (red) - Tank beam:
o Lasts for 20 sec after leaving the beam.
o Hits Netherspite:
+ Damage taken reduced by 1% per tick.
o Hits Player:
+ Netherspite will aggro you.
If no one is standing in the Red Beam, Netherspite uses his standard aggro table.
+ Damage taken is reduced by 1% per tick.
+ Defense is increased by 5 per tick.
+ Health is modified - the first application gives +31,000 maximum health, with additional stacks reducing maximum health by 1000 per stack.
+ Replenishes full health every tick.

You have to dance in and out of the red beam. Take a few stacks to get aggro, then strafe out of the beam. Take a couple of hits from Netherspite and then strafe back in, your health will immediately be topped up. If you do this right, you'll end the phase with at least as much health as you started it with.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 am

Because I am a kind and generous soul, I have noted a series of Karazhan tactics here:

http://www.wulfsblood.net/search/label/Karazhan
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:05 am

Ulushnar wrote:Because I am a kind and generous soul, I have noted a series of Karazhan tactics here:

http://www.wulfsblood.net/search/label/Karazhan

Ah much appreciated

You are kind :)
tempest

Re: MT'ed Karazhan today...

Postby tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:17 am

Ulushnar wrote:
tempest wrote:Stood in the red beam and partied as my HP grew to 40K but then cried the next minute as my hp dropped to 11k and got one-shotted... I dont understand how this happened though.

You didn't pay attention is what happened.

From wowwiki:

Red Beam

* Perseverance (red) - Tank beam:
o Lasts for 20 sec after leaving the beam.
o Hits Netherspite:
+ Damage taken reduced by 1% per tick.
o Hits Player:
+ Netherspite will aggro you.
If no one is standing in the Red Beam, Netherspite uses his standard aggro table.
+ Damage taken is reduced by 1% per tick.
+ Defense is increased by 5 per tick.
+ Health is modified - the first application gives +31,000 maximum health, with additional stacks reducing maximum health by 1000 per stack.
+ Replenishes full health every tick.

You have to dance in and out of the red beam. Take a few stacks to get aggro, then strafe out of the beam. Take a couple of hits from Netherspite and then strafe back in, your health will immediately be topped up. If you do this right, you'll end the phase with at least as much health as you started it with.

So I move out of the red beam, and let Netherspite take the red beam for a few seconds, then move back into the beam?
tempest

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:30 am

Basically. Some folks count ticks, but I just follow the advice someone gave me: take the beam for the initial aggro and then get out of it. Move back in when you need healing from the beam (each fresh tick restores you to full health). You should be able to last the phase with at least as much health as when you started it, and next-to-no need for additional healing.

The downside is you won't get much "proper" healing, so you'll be a bit mana starved. On the other hand, you won't need to do anything to keep aggro when you're tanking and when you're not on the beam you can keep swinging with SoW.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby tempest » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:30 am

Ah ok

Thanks for the tip

Now gotta wait one more week for Karazhan to reset :)

How do you rate the whole of my tanking? A bit too slow? Too many wipes? I personally thought it went reasonably smooth for a first run.

notes:

I tanked both attumen and his horse
My druid OT maintanked Maiden

It was fun
tempest

Return to Karazhan