Remove Advertisements

Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Twins with no thunderclap is suicidal. Sacrolash attacks so fast that you'll probably get crushed routinely without it. Make someone bring an alt if you have to.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Eender » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:44 pm

I keep hearing people talk about uncrushable and hp while achieving that. In my experiences on tanking this encounter reaching uncrushable while sacrificing HP/threat is just wrong. Even while reaching uncrushable you can STILL get crushed because of Blizzard's wonderful coding and bugged confounding mechanics. I go with regular tanking gear (meaning expertise cloak, neck, etc for threat) and eat a crushing or 2 which really don't hurt that bad with Ironshield up.

It is of my own opinion that we make the best off tanks for this in the game if doing this as I can still pace 1-1.2k tps (depending on how much damage I am taking from flame and mana return) while off tanking. This allows you to kill Sarcolash super fast, thus making the entire encounter that much easier.

Again, this is just my experiences and opinions.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Morganim » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 pm

PsiVen wrote:Twins with no thunderclap is suicidal. Sacrolash attacks so fast that you'll probably get crushed routinely without it. Make someone bring an alt if you have to.

ATM its the choice of
bringing the best 2 tanks (war/druid) as our normal MT is on a break and having our BF war stay in battle stance and tc/demo
or
me + warrior whos not as good as the druid and his threat isnt anywhere near as good
Morganim

Postby DJSticky » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:24 am

Eender wrote:I keep hearing people talk about uncrushable and hp while achieving that. In my experiences on tanking this encounter reaching uncrushable while sacrificing HP/threat is just wrong. Even while reaching uncrushable you can STILL get crushed because of Blizzard's wonderful coding and bugged confounding mechanics. I go with regular tanking gear (meaning expertise cloak, neck, etc for threat) and eat a crushing or 2 which really don't hurt that bad with Ironshield up.

Again, this is just my experiences and opinions.

I'll agree with that. If you're talking about going sub 20k to get uncrushable it's most likely not worth it. I don't drop that far so I chose to go ahead and swap in the libram to get 127.4 which is really the only out of ordinary equipment choice I make. I use my avoidance socketed T6 shoulders and pocketwatch + smi. That sits me at around 127.9 buffed, I use a blinding light flask and look at around 22.5 k hp buffed in my normal group.

It's been quite a long time sense I"ve worried about being insta gibbed so most of the time I'm focusing on reducing average damage intake.
DJSticky

Postby Lucit » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:31 am

Eender wrote:I keep hearing people talk about uncrushable and hp while achieving that. In my experiences on tanking this encounter reaching uncrushable while sacrificing HP/threat is just wrong. Even while reaching uncrushable you can STILL get crushed because of Blizzard's wonderful coding and bugged confounding mechanics. I go with regular tanking gear (meaning expertise cloak, neck, etc for threat) and eat a crushing or 2 which really don't hurt that bad with Ironshield up.

I did the same - I was maybe 3-5% off, it never really posed a problem. As you note, confound+crush is usually what kills tanks anyway, and being uncrushable won't stop that.
Lucit

Postby Amran20 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:56 am

Ok, so, I'm gonna be making my first attempts at tanking Sacrolash, reverse order, tonight, cause one of our MTs is on vacation.

Here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ht&n=Amran

Now, having looked at said armory, keep in mind the buffs I'll likely get will be C-shout, no imp. Would you guys recommend trying to get uncrush, or just powering on through with my normal tanking set? If I need to I can get Scorpid/Swarm.

Any other advice is appreciated. And yeah, I've read through this thread, but it's been a while.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Atreidies » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:40 pm

Uncrushability is highly overrated for this fight, if you can manage anywhere near the mark, which you already do, then threat > avoidance imo. I would certainly swap the Supremus ring for 7th ring or ZA chest ring, decent block rating here will see you shoot to 3500+ tps for a bit when Sacrolash is on you.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Ryu » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:20 pm

I don't bother with being uncrushable on Twins, I use my normal high avoidance set and replace a few slots for some more block rating.

And yes, TC helps loads ;D
Ryu

Postby Amran20 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:46 pm

Hmm, I'll think about swapping rings.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Converse » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:58 pm

I was talking to a warrior tank mate of mine who is slightly ahead of my guild in sunwell and has downed the Twins.
He was convinced when telling me that the Twins are NOT effected by the Radiance buff. But I have had mixed reports from others. We are looking at the twins in the very near future and I would like to get a solid confirm/deny on this issue.

Pre Thanks,
Heavyhammer
Vanilla - Kel'thuzad
TBC - 5/6 SWP
WotlK - TBA
Converse

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Heavyhammer, they are 100% definitely affected by Radiance.

Ryu wrote:I don't bother with being uncrushable on Twins, I use my normal high avoidance set and replace a few slots for some more block rating.

Er... How is this different than going for uncrushable?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Morganim » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Thanks guys,
im going to go with me + warrior OT for tc rather than having our dps warrior do it.

As for gear, i reckon i will just go with normal set with a few changes
-badge libram
-possibly a different ring, i normally use morogrim+ exalted hyjal, but i may change the hyjal one for za timed/tk one.

I will probably be around 120%, +5% scorpid sting + 3% GoA, so un-crushable providing those 2 are up but not gimping my gear to make it 100% certain
Morganim

Postby Eender » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Morganim, you of course are entitled to do what you want. I just want to throw this out there for you tho. It would probably be better for your warrior to MT and you OT it. The limiting factor for this fight with this kill order is the OT's threat. No one can do that better than a prot paladin. Like I have stated before, it is my opinion that with a prot paladin OTing the encounter becomes much easier for the entire raid. Again, just my 2 cents.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Amran20 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:00 pm

See, I tried tonight, and our best attempt was Sacrolash at 15%... so CLOSE.

I usually ended up becoming the MT partway though, my threat is just massive. No MDs, no nothing, just pure threatski.

It was sloppy at first, but we made definate progress. I know these bitches are finally going down this week.

For the record, I used PvP trink + SMI.

Amran20

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:04 am

Eender wrote:Morganim, you of course are entitled to do what you want. I just want to throw this out there for you tho. It would probably be better for your warrior to MT and you OT it. The limiting factor for this fight with this kill order is the OT's threat. No one can do that better than a prot paladin. Like I have stated before, it is my opinion that with a prot paladin OTing the encounter becomes much easier for the entire raid. Again, just my 2 cents.

why OT just curious, wouldnt i find that i woulda have massive mana issues ala gruuls back in the day
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau