Remove Advertisements

Am I geared Enough To Off-Tank ZA?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Am I geared Enough To Off-Tank ZA?

Postby ClehleyManno » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:50 am

I will be attempting it tonight with a bunch of kara geared alts. The MT would be a full T4 Warrior.

We aren't trying for anything like 3 chests...just want to smoothly clear the place.

Keep in mind I have been on like 15 bear runs, and cleared ZA like 30 times on my hunter.

Here is my armory. I plan on getting a spell damage bracer enchant today before raid.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Clehley
ClehleyManno

Postby Meliora » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:27 am

Your gear is fairly close to my own and we handled everything up until ZJ with very few problems. Only advice I can say would be maybe see if you can stack the raid a little in your favor (I.E. shaman for wrath of air, warlock imp, etc). Only fight I really had a scare on was lynx which is scary when you see the saber lash come at ya :)

Good luck OTing it though, I've healed it more times than I can count but honestly never loved it until I tanked it ^_^
Meliora

Postby ClehleyManno » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:37 am

Meliora wrote:Your gear is fairly close to my own and we handled everything up until ZJ with very few problems. Only advice I can say would be maybe see if you can stack the raid a little in your favor (I.E. shaman for wrath of air, warlock imp, etc). Only fight I really had a scare on was lynx which is scary when you see the saber lash come at ya :)

Good luck OTing it though, I've healed it more times than I can count but honestly never loved it until I tanked it ^_^

Thanks, yeah I'm pretty stocked...I've been playing my hunter for 3 years and this is my first alt. I wanted to actually contribute to the WOW community rather than contribute to the problem.

I'm pretty sure I've run Hero MGT about 25 times already with no luck on the tanking trinket. I literally have every drop from there including DPS, and Healing, except that trinket. Maybe I will get it today before ZA?

And yeah, I will be doing some stacking...everyone gets salv, And I'll get the shaman and a shadow priest.
ClehleyManno

Postby rabbel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:33 am

Depending on your DPS you could be a bit low on SD, so throw in as much SD as you can (Flask, Food, Oil). Otherwise, you should be fine. The Lynx in his merged form hits like a truck, even if you just OT him, so make sure that the healers are on their toes. For Lynx you could probably stack some avoidance / EH, if you got any spare equip (Devilshark-Cape comes to mind). If not make active use of your trinkets and chug some Ironshield pots.
rabbel

Return to Zul'aman