Remove Advertisements

Starting TK. For real.

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Should my Guild skip Gruuls and gogo TK or Not.

Gogo TK!
11%
Nono TK, do Gruul's.
84%
Above all you Guildy is an IDIOT. (GKICK!!)
5%

Total votes : 37

Postby Takitsu » Fri May 30, 2008 7:48 pm

Solarian is the easiest easy easy ever.
Really easy.

And hydross isn't far off, if you have the resistance.

As is leotheras.

Really easy.
Takitsu

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:26 pm

Solarion, yes, is easy once everyone in the raid stops being retarded and runs away when they have the debuff and runs together on add waves.
It is not "easy" for a guild who is still struggling to complete ZA with one group.

All encounters seem easy after you have had them on farm status for a while. Progression kills/fights are where you will be having problems and trying out different things until you get the "right' way of doing it (varies).

Nut anyhow, get atleast 2 full groups who can clear ZA (before you start t5) and start working on High King Maulgar as soon as you can! You don't need a full 25, just enough healers and tanks, and dps. It might take a while to kill them, but even with ~17-18 you can have a shot at the kill.
Seloei

Postby Neelah » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:18 pm

Invisusira wrote:Don't judge your progression with 10 mans.

Once you can kill Gruul, start SSC. Perhaps take a field trip to TK and see how you fare against the trash.

Ok, my guild is new to T5 (meaning, 90%+ of our memebers have never stepped foot in that content). Tuesday, we downed Gruul, Mags, and HKM in less than 2 hrs total... so we took a field trip to TK (people in guild who have seen that stuff said TK was easier than SSC). We cleared the trash all the way to the engineer pulls in VR's room - but, it was getting late and people had to go (and were getting tired, based on play and attention span) so we called it w/o actually attempting VR.

Should we have started there? Or are we better of starting in SSC?

I dont think we are gonna be taking serious tackles at t5 for a few more weeks, but it was cool to get in there and it got people fired up

edit: meant to say cleared to VR room w/ minimal deaths.. 1 of the bird pulls in al'ars room got a little hectic, but aside from that, we were fine
Neelah

Postby dmok » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:57 pm

My guild currently has TK cleared to 3/4 (downed al'ar for the first time last night). We are stepping foot for the first time into SSC next week.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Moby » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:08 pm

So far it seems like TK is easier for us than SSC. We downed solarian on our first night of attempts, and VR after two nights (if I recall correctly). We've downed Al'ar a few times, but usually skip him because we have a limited amount of raid time.
Moby

Postby Seloei » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:09 am

TK trash is far tougher than SSC ones imho. Also ssc bosses have quite a big learning curve with the constant adds.

Altho, the bosses themselves in ssc (after you've managed to down them) are relatively easy compared to TK ones.
Void Reaver is "fixed" now that he is no longer a gimmick fight where even a non-kara geared raid can take him down for free shoulders.
Solarion is a retard check and healer reactions
A'lar is a tank skill/awareness check.

I'd suggest going to SSC instead of TK as first, since the trash there isn't that bad and you can have more tries on the boss than in TK before your allocated raid time is up. The most annoying part in TK about trash is that if you have slow cc it's a wipe.
Seloei

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:37 am

Not sure how many people are still doing mag, but that would be the first place I would head too. It is so nerfed now, that it is beyond easy. HKM can be hard because of the pull. I say go too Mag first, the loot is better also. We do Mag every week, just because its an easy 20 gold, and we get some nice gems.

Just my opinion here.

Mag>HKM>Grull>Lurker>Solarian>

that way you will get a feel for all of the instances, the rest of the bosses will take some time, but I would do alot SSC before I would try alar, alar can be real a pain in the ass before you learn it. I'm not sure if DBM is still screwed up on the VR fight, but if its fixed, that fight shouldn't be too bad either.
iwillpunishu

Postby Galrond » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:15 am

My guild doesn't have ZA on farm, at all. Furthest we've gotten is lynx, in a zero chest run, and the best we've done as a guild is 2chest. We're also 4/6 SSC and 2/4 TK (haven't attempted leo yet because our FR warlock was absent that night, and we're on the cusp of killing al'ar).

ZA is irrelevant to guild progression. I don't even think it makes it any easier, it's just a raid with some good loot and mostly poorly itemized loot (there is no way my warlock could be hit capped in ZA gear, and haste just doesn't cut it for him). People managed to get to BT just fine before 2.3.

I'd say you should do Gruuls and Mags. Badge gear isn't everything. You don't want your tankadin walking into TK with DS3 shoulders and no experience.
Galrond

Postby TheHonage » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:04 am

People still kill Hydross?
TheHonage

Postby Frickit » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:22 am

TheHonage wrote:People still kill Hydross?

lawl we spent three weeks trying to kill Al'ar and decided to do Hydross instead. GL brought a million pots and expected an epic battle and we one shotted him so easy like I knew we would.

Good fight I liked it.
Frickit

Postby Precio » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Just cleared ZA last week for the 1st time!
Killed Gruul for the 3rd time (with puggers for the 3rd time.)
I got shoulders and am now at 15.6k hp, 24% dodge, 15% parry and 400 spell dmg.
Once we get a full guild Gruul's, we should start TK rite?

ONE BIG QUESTION. What about Mag's? Skip? Cuz we've tried and we can't get him. We got him down to 25% then I got crushed...Still new to the crushing bosses thing. :)
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Ghort » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Precio wrote:Just cleared ZA last week for the 1st time!
Killed Gruul for the 3rd time (with puggers for the 3rd time.)
I got shoulders and am now at 15.6k hp, 24% dodge, 15% parry and 400 spell dmg.
Once we get a full guild Gruul's, we should start TK rite?

ONE BIG QUESTION. What about Mag's? Skip? Cuz we've tried and we can't get him. We got him down to 25% then I got crushed...Still new to the crushing bosses thing. :)

Keep trying. Just prioritize holy shield before anything else and the crushing problem should go away (I figure you already know that, just throwing it out there). Mag falls eventually, then after that, he gets to be cake...
80 Paladin (Prot) - Azual
80 Warrior (Prot/Arms) - Madarab
80 Mage (Arcane/Frost pvp) Arlensul
80 DK (Blood Tank) Deadkitten
80 Priest (holy/disc) - Ghort
5/12 ICC 10

Runetotem Server, Fifth Column
Ghort

Postby Seloei » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:39 am

25% wipe on maggy sounds like you got hit by the cavein shortly after 30% and didn't get healed to max. Then the dps burned him down a few % before dieing.

ALWAYS prioritze holy shield over anything and then rotate your threat abilities which are off CD.

As for skipping maggy... his so nerfed now that you shouldn't.

Gruul -> Mag -> SSC -> TK (with ZA being someplace between Mag / SSC /TK)
Seloei

Previous

Return to Tempest Keep