Young pup, looking to make sure I'm on the correct path.

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Young pup, looking to make sure I'm on the correct path.

Postby Abian » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:31 am

Hello gang. I’m new to your forums and I must say what a real pleasure it has been stumbling upon this site. Its very refreshing actually being able to read posts without having to sort thru piles and piles of hate, ridicule, bickering, and misinformation (oh, how I love the US Paladin forums, can ya tell? /sarcasm). That being said, many thanks to the creators and current members for being civil and showing what the class is capable of.

Since I’m only on the verge of dinging 62, I’m a pup in comparison to you all. But I do have one question. Should I focus on collecting the re-colored Lightforge set mixing in re-colored Valor set items until I can high enough to start working on the stickied gear guide?

The re-colored lightforge seems like it might be viable with all the socket options.

And then again, at this level I might be to low for it to really matter. If so, let me know that as well.

During the gear collection process, I plan on looking for STA>DEF>AGI>INT>Spell DMG in that order, it that correct as well?

Thanks for any input that will get me going in the right direction. :)

Abian

P.S. I’m Holy at the moment as you will see from my sig, but as soon as my sever comes back online I’ll be making the leap. /salute
Abian

Postby Arcand » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:53 am

I used many pieces of blue-and-yellow Lightforge while leveling, and gemmed/enchanted them into ersatz tank pieces. Worked fine.

Once you're able to survive in Netherstorm, scour Area 52 and the haunted village in the extreme southeast corner. There are several nice tank rewards from the quests in there.

If you feel like working Ramparts for a while, I wore Ironsole Clompers all the way to 70.

I pretty much agree with your stat prioritization except I'd put spell damage third with block rating and block value tied for fourth...and while you're leveling, don't be afraid to snag the odd chunk of resilience to keep yourself uncrittable. You'll outgrow resilience soon enough but in the low sixties I believe it has its place.
Arcand

Postby Abian » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 am

Arcand wrote:I pretty much agree with your stat prioritization except I'd put spell damage third with block rating and block value tied for fourth...and while you're leveling, don't be afraid to snag the odd chunk of resilience to keep yourself uncrittable. You'll outgrow resilience soon enough but in the low sixties I believe it has its place.

Thanks for the input. I'll change my priority to:

STA >DEF > Spell DMG > AGI > Shield Block > INT
Abian

Postby Lore » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:06 am

I wouldn't worry about agility too much, there isn't a whole lot of decent tanking itemization with agility on it.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Vanifae » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:06 am

Yeah Agility is not much of a tank stat at the high end.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Abian » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:23 am

Excellent, pulling AGI from the list. I tank Kara with my Druid and have that stat engrained into my brain. Need to move past the Druid thinking and into the Protection way. :oops:

You all are great, thanks so much for the comments / advice. :)

I’ll report back as I progress and I’m sure I’ll have a question or two down the road.

/wave
Abian

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice