Remove Advertisements

Zul'Jin Help

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Zul'Jin Help

Postby Kup » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:22 am

OK I MT'd ZA for the first time last night and almost everything went perfect. We got 3 timed events and 8/10 of us were on alts. I'm our guilds raid leader and run a bear farm group with my main (enhancement shaman) so I know every boss and pull like the back of my hand (which is priceless in getting timed loot when your a bit under geared. The problem we had is that the our other tank was a feral druid, a bit better geared than me, but also a huge dps increase over what I can do either auto-attacking or off healing, so I main tanked. While he hits hard, our healers did a good job. The problem I had was on phase transitions. We didn't have a hunter for MD's (or tranq shots earlier which was fun) so all I had was my usual pulling rotation for transition. Wings (if up) Avengers Shield, Judgment of righteousness, concecrate. This worked well most of the time but it seemed like occasionally when he goes into troll form to switch phases I'd wait a second or 2 and throw my shield, but it was too early?

When is the right time to throw your shield at him at the phase transfer to have it count for the new phase and grab initial aggro?
Kup

Postby Neara » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:04 pm

I rotate between a Spelldmg-trinket and Avenging Wrath on Zul'jin.

At the pull i pop the trinket. Shortly before he changes i consecrate then i pop Avenging Wrath and Judge him with Righteousness. Birdie phase i do nothing except hitting him to keep the Seal up for the DPS. Lynx -> Consecrate shortly before the change, then i pop the trinket again and Judge him after he changed. and last phase again with Avenging Wrath.

Always wait for him to be in his new form before you judge him if your Judgement resists be ready to BoP and hope you have him after that and not the next healer ^^
Neara

Postby Colette » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:38 pm

I've never had any trouble keeping him on me between phases. I just make sure my consecrate is down and keep my autoattack swing going. Threat generally isn't a problem for me on ZJ, so I don't even really bother with my frisbee.
Colette

Postby Kup » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:28 pm

That's probably what it was. I looked at each phase (except Dragonhawk) as a fresh pull... Shield... judge... concecrate... etc. I may have even been backing up for better positioning for the group. Thanks guys!
Kup

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:09 am

With proper timing you can consecrate and chuck a frisbee + judge him the moment he gets an aggro table again. Either verbal cues or visual or self timed.
I listen to the words "my Bruddah bear[/]" "Fang and [b]Claw" "to see the [b]Dragon hawk"
when he starts saying those words i charge up a frisbee, it lands smack on top of him or 0.5s after he is darting for the overzealous hunter. Judge him and continue the rotation.

Rarely i have threat issues only when the lock decides to crit twice in a row as soon as phase swap is going on.
Seloei

Postby Teyrocar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:10 am

If your sig is accurate your spell damage seems a little low, and that could be what's causing you problems.

I was all ready to go ape-shit-crazy on ZJ's phase changes, my mind was thinking of something more like Leo, but honestly I never had any trouble picking him up and usually consecrate + auto attacks were enough, plus a judgement.
Teyrocar

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:19 am

I treat it like Leo too. The timers are accurate enough that when I see there's 1 second left for the phase change, I just go and shoot an AS. Thanks to latency(LOL!), it hits him very early but after the threat wipe.
AS, Judge, Consecrate up it's butt. Cooldowns for troll->bear, eagle->lynx are the most important.

Specially eagle->lynx since you can't exactly go nuts easy on the eagle half.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Kup » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Ya I'm trying to snag some gear with higher spell damage but my current "boss set" has i think 344 on it.
Kup

Postby Mialina » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:04 pm

Just keep 5/5 SoV stacks on him, you'll do fine with consecration :)
Mialina

Postby ydraw » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:39 am

Keep your judgement off cooldown, as soon as you see him change into animal form, judge instantly.

This method has never failed for me.
ydraw

Return to Zul'aman