Skipping Trash

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Skipping Trash

Postby Butt3rfli » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:12 pm

My guild wishes to start seriously attempting "The Betrayer" but we only raid three nights a week and after doing the farm bosses in Hyjal and BT it leaves little time for us to put in good effort on the last man standing.

My question is - are there any trash mobs that you skip in BT? Maybe a pat or a patrol that you worked out you can circumvent if done right?

The BT trash has always been easy enough but it is time consuming and as in the ZA timed event if you can shave minutes off your raid time by skipping trash then woot :twisted:

Thanks in advance :)
Butt3rfli

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:18 pm

There is not really much to skip, actually... you can skip 1 pack on the way of shahraz and 1 on the way for council and that's all.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lakirby » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:29 pm

If you're making serious Illidan attempts, it may be worth skipping MH until you get him down.
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby sbeacher » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:31 am

Do you not have to clear all the trash in Supremus' room? And if so which trash can you skp?
sbeacher

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:04 am

sbeacher wrote:Do you not have to clear all the trash in Supremus' room? And if so which trash can you skp?
There is ONE pack on the southwest corner that I think we skip. We still do a big clear there because that bitch runs all over the place.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby iwillpunishu » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:38 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
sbeacher wrote:Do you not have to clear all the trash in Supremus' room? And if so which trash can you skp?
There is ONE pack on the southwest corner that I think we skip. We still do a big clear there because that bitch runs all over the place.

We tried to skip trash in Supremus' room, and it really didnt go very well. People kept geting punted into the trash.
iwillpunishu

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm

iwillpunishu wrote:We tried to skip trash in Supremus' room, and it really didnt go very well. People kept geting punted into the trash.

One of my old raid leading catch phrases (cuz everyone has them -.-).

"Don't let the mobs control you, control the mobs."

It means: Don't stand in a stupid position where the mob is going to use an ability to get you pwned (Tailswipe -> whelp cave, no back to a wall for wing buffet, etc etc).
This also relates to supremus, if you're standing in stupid positions (IE: Right under him, between him and a piece of scenery he can hit you onto then teleport you off (to his feet and kill you) because he can't hit you anymore, or between him and a pack of mobs) you need to be shot.

Like, 60% of his trash is skippable.

You can also skip the 2 trash packs by using the teleport to Akama's little enclave of Deathsworn (with the vendor) after Sup dies.

Also if you get your MH clear time down enough our 3.5 hour raid works out perfectly for:
5/5 MH
3/9 BT = Less trash to deal with whenever you next raid there.

Though we were pushing almost a 4th boss (probably would've been RoS) up to now, we're dropping Hyjal after this week.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Seloei » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 am

The trash under najentus can be skipped.
The south-west corner in Supremus can be skipped (just don't kite him down there, use the centre/right side)
You 'could' run back to start and tele to the vendor but that would just mean you have to kill 2-3 packs of ashtongue instead of 2-3 packs of demons, and the run back time also included.
You can skip the last pack before Council (behind the corner near the entrance to the room)

You can't skip any teron, ros, BB trash.

Also... theres no trash that is on the way once you have cleared the place a night ago so you can keep going at illidan as much as you want once council is down.
Seloei

Postby Tiandelin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:22 am

Like others have said, there's not really much to skip. However, assuming that you're sufficiently geared, a lot of the trash can just be aoe tanked, which helps speed things up a bit. These days, I tank the bulk of the large trash pulls before Supremus, Shade of Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg, Shahraz, and Council. It works fine as long as my healers aren't asleep. Granted, I'm fairly well geared, but if you guys are on Illidan, hopefully the same is true of you.

You'll want the other tanks to handle certain mobs, of course. The gouging satyrs in the Akama trash, the broken who stun in the same, the blade furies in Gurtogg trash (which should be sheeped), and the mages in the Council packs come to mind, though I've probably forgotten some. Oh, and having another pally assigned to just spam cleanse on you helps with the Council packs, since stuns really hurt.

My guild only raids three nights a week too. We eventually had to drop Hyjal to progress reasonably in later BT, but after we downed Illidan, we started running Hyjal again after he was dead. Now we've become fast enough at it that we can clear all of BT and Hyjal and still have time to go knock out Gruul in hopes of a DST, so it's certainly possible. You're probably better off doing BT only if you haven't cleared the place yet, though.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Return to Black Temple